What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FAB: how much are you spending this week? (1 Viewer)

jdoggydogg

Footballguy
I think it'd be interesting and helpful to know how the public perceives these player values.

Post the player and how much you bid - include your league's total FAB budget as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OJ Howard was free after waivers.  :D

Have spent $9 so far - 6 on Lindsay, rest was 1s I think?

Boggest bids this year were $21 for Eckler & $11 for Gino.

$5 on Ekeler after Wk 1- RB

$22 on Cole after Wk 2, even though I drafted him - WR

$22 on Ingram because somebody dropped him - RB 

$3 on Bailey - K 

$2 on Cleveland - D/ST

I never, ever spend this much this early, but I look pretty strong so far.  

Out of $100 FAAB

I'm very interested to know what people are bidding for Giovani Bernard this week.

I'm bidding $15.

$100 budget

I know. I had to bid 20%+, and I hate rostering Ingram because of Payton and Brees and now Kamara. 

But there's gold in those hills, prospector!  
I wanna know why you had to bid 22% on Cole when you drafted him  :P

I'm more of a Dede fan but it seems like all three of those guys will eat some - Moncrief went undrafted and is still on our wire

Both Cole & Westbrook seem legit, just not sure they'll have volume, and Blake does Blake things sometimes

gordon owner dropped him when news of his release broke... i really don't need WR help, but I'm really clueless as to what he will go for. As of right now I have 11% on him but may bump higher tonight.

I wanna know why you had to bid 22% on Cole when you drafted him  :P

I'm more of a Dede fan but it seems like all three of those guys will eat some - Moncrief went undrafted and is still on our wire

Both the Jax WRs seem legit, just not sure they'll have volume, and Blake does Blake things sometimes
Yeah...

That was a drop because I had WR depth and got drunk enough to draft into an RB timeshare in Powell/Crowell. Not exceedingly bright. 

gordon owner dropped him when news of his release broke... i really don't need WR help, but I'm really clueless as to what he will go for. As of right now I have 11% on him but may bump higher tonight.
I bet someone bids high - like $25.

Not to get off on to far of a tangent but I apparently am very reckless with my FAAB.  I spent $31 on Lindsey week 1.  

I would go upto $51 for Gordon. 

I see FAAB as a depreciating asset that should be spent early and only enough saved for emergencies (like $10 for last half of the season).

Not to get off on to far of a tangent but I apparently am very reckless with my FAAB.  I spent $31 on Lindsey week 1.  

I would go upto $51 for Gordon. 

I see FAAB as a depreciating asset that should be spent early and only enough saved for emergencies (like $10 for last half of the season).
This is the Sigmund Bloom method. Bid large on players you think could help vault your team to the playoffs.

Bid 8 of 100 on John Brown in the league I'm 0-2, and need flex help, 10 starters.

Have Edelman coming back and Gordon but don't want to start Gordon this week 

Bid 0 for Browns def, dropped Chargers

I got Gordon for 22%. Next bid was 16%.... he's a serviceable WR7 on my roster  :P  (AB, evans, gollday, MJJ, lockett, hogan)

for perspective Gio went for 42% (2nd place bid 40%)
I think the odds that Gordon finishes the season with New England this year is about 20%. Heck, the odds he misses a meeting and gets cut in 2 weeks are like 50/50. But one can't help but remember what Tom Brady did for Randy Moss. Moss could out-jump any corner in the league for a ball, and few could make the contested catches that Moss made. But Moss was a malcontent that ran poor routes - so the corollaries are there.

I spent 30% on Vance McDonald. Crazy? Maybe. But he is one of the few guys available who could be a top 8 TE that is available. I am not a big believe in Jesse James. Vance has more RAC ability and has better hands. He is coming back from injury so it may take time, but even so, he has had 5 and 5 targets last two games. That is likely to grow. And the TE in the PITT offense is valuable.

az_prof said:
I spent 30% on Vance McDonald. Crazy? Maybe. But he is one of the few guys available who could be a top 8 TE that is available. I am not a big believe in Jesse James. Vance has more RAC ability and has better hands. He is coming back from injury so it may take time, but even so, he has had 5 and 5 targets last two games. That is likely to grow. And the TE in the PITT offense is valuable.
McDonald's talent is evident. He seems to get banged up a lot, but the guy is a threat.

Which TE is valuable in PIT is an interesting annual debate. TSP consensus since they traded for MacDonald has been wildly lopsided in favor of Vance. The actual results have been a mixed bag, and nobody can reliably predict when James will have a wide open & uncovered kind of day. But it happens, and then TSP ignores it & declares “MacDonald is way more talented, he’s the one to own.” ?? 

Bid $11 on CJ B & lost to a guy that bid $15. He then tried to trade him to me for draft picks plus Kupp. LOL GTFO

Users who are viewing this thread