What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have RB depth but no WR depth! Help! (1 Viewer)

STUCKERZ

Footballguy
Hi there, 

My team is currently:

QB's: Newton

RB's: Gurley, Gordon, Conner, Crowell, Hyde, Jones

WR's: Thomas, Kupp, Davis, Goodwin, 

TE: Kittle

D/ST: Jags, Bears

K's: Lutz, Zuerlein

Currently have two D/ST as I picked the Bears up after WK1 knowing the Jags had Patriots and 2 K's as I drafted Zuerlein and he got injured, don't want to drop him as I'm hoping he will be back!

In any case - 10 team, standard scoring league!

After a WR for depth and considering trading a RB (and maybe the Bears D/ST if the player is good enough!) who should I be targeting and who should I offer for them? As a quick note - I was rejected for Will Fuller by offering Crowell in the trade - that team has Mixon OUT. 

Cheers, 

B

Starting requirements please

Also, which Jones is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting requirements please
Someone more productive than Kupp haha! 

I'm not looking for a tier one WR as I don't want to give up my RB's, however and mid-low tier 2 WR seems do-able with my current backup of RB's. I can see someone taking a punt on Hyde or Crowell. 

I hope this helps! 

Someone more productive than Kupp haha! 

I'm not looking for a tier one WR as I don't want to give up my RB's, however and mid-low tier 2 WR seems do-able with my current backup of RB's. I can see someone taking a punt on Hyde or Crowell. 

I hope this helps! 
I meant how many at each position must you start each week, i.e.  1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, etc.

I meant how many at each position must you start each week, i.e.  1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, etc.
Oh apologies! 

1 QB

2 RBs

2 WRs

1 TE

1 Flex

1 D/ST

1 K

Just seen your edit - it's Aaron Jones, GB :)  

I wouldn't try to trade, just drop the Bears and pick up a WR on waivers. In a 10 team league there have to be good ones out there. If it were me I'd also drop Zuerlein also but if you wan't to hold an injured kicker that's your business.

QB's: Newton

RB's: Gurley, Gordon, Conner, Crowell, Hyde, Jones

WR's: Thomas, Kupp, Davis, Goodwin, 

TE: Kittle

D/ST: Jags, Bears

K's: Lutz, Zuerlein

Currently have two D/ST as I picked the Bears up after WK1 knowing the Jags had Patriots and 2 K's as I drafted Zuerlein and he got injured, don't want to drop him as I'm hoping he will be back!

In any case - 10 team, standard scoring league!

After a WR for depth and considering trading a RB (and maybe the Bears D/ST if the player is good enough!) who should I be targeting and who should I offer for them? As a quick note - I was rejected for Will Fuller by offering Crowell in the trade - that team has Mixon OUT. 
Your immediate concern should be getting a QB for Cam's bye next week.  No idea how the others drafted, so don't know who is available on waivers, but I would start looking now.  QB with the best matchup in week 4 is Case Keenum vs KC, and he is likely on waivers now, but may be snagged if someone else is looking ahead to next week.

I wouldn't try to trade, just drop the Bears and pick up a WR on waivers. In a 10 team league there have to be good ones out there. If it were me I'd also drop Zuerlein also but if you wan't to hold an injured kicker that's your business.
The highest ranked WR on the waivers is 30 with Ginn Jr and Tyler Boyd. Only just seen Zuerlein is out for a few weeks - he will be getting traded/dropped then. Happy with Lutz. 

Your immediate concern should be getting a QB for Cam's bye next week.  No idea how the others drafted, so don't know who is available on waivers, but I would start looking now.  QB with the best matchup in week 4 is Case Keenum vs KC, and he is likely on waivers now, but may be snagged if someone else is looking ahead to next week.
Quite a few QB's on the waivers.

Bortles

Dalton

Flacco

Stafford

Keenum

Goff

Darnold

Take your pick! 

I agree with Beerbuff & StuckerZ... why are you holding an injured kicker?  Drop Zuerlein (wasting a roster spot) and the Bears.  Jacksonville is off week 9... that is when you find a "temporary team".  Get your backup QB for Newton's bye week now, so you don't have to chase one next week.  Will assume there are other WRs on the FA line, but of the two you listed, Boyd would be the one I look at... but again, there has to be others out there.

Users who are viewing this thread