What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bake Sale Recipe needed (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
Alright FFA, I am need of your best baked goods recipe.  I have been recruited to take part in a charity bake off contest/bake sale between the male teachers at my school.  I have no idea what the winner gets (besides the satisfaction of helping raise some $$ for good causes), but there will certainly be a lot of pride on the line.  I generally know my way around a kitchen, but I have never been much of a baker.   Customers/judges will be high school students.  Although it could be great entertainment and win the favor of the judges, I will not be putting weed into anything I bake for this.  I do enjoy my career.  

So what do you got?  Cookies?  Brownies?  Bars?  What's your best bake sale recipe??

Alright FFA, I am need of your best baked goods recipe.  I have been recruited to take part in a charity bake off contest/bake sale between the male teachers at my school.  I have no idea what the winner gets (besides the satisfaction of helping raise some $$ for good causes), but there will certainly be a lot of pride on the line.  I generally know my way around a kitchen, but I have never been much of a baker.   Customers/judges will be high school students.  Although it could be great entertainment and win the favor of the judges, I will not be putting weed into anything I bake for this.  I do enjoy my career.  

So what do you got?  Cookies?  Brownies?  Bars?  What's your best bake sale recipe??
Whatever the recipe, the keys to baking-

measure precisely, and sift

properly preheat oven

remember that it keeps cooking- ie cookies on a sheet need to come out before they look done, and finish with the residual heat. 

Use parchement paper on your sheets for cookies, it can go in the oven just fine and makes it easy to get them off the pan without them sticking

Sopapilla (Soap-ah-pee-ya) Cheesecake Bars.  These are about the easiest thing in the world to "bake", most people have never heard of them, and they contain so much fat and sugar that everyone loves them.

Muy Bueno

I like peanut butter cookies that have a reese's cup shoved in them before the cool.  If you make them, can you send some to me?

IMHO-deserts from a box(brownies, cake, etc) are pretty decent & you won't spend time sifting and the rest.  Find a good & easy frosting recipe is the key & you are golden.  Good luck, sounds like a good time.  Actually brownies from a box.  When done pull from oven.  Turn off oven.  Break up squares from some Hershey bars(maybe about 4-5 bars split up?) , lay them on the brownies, put pan back in turned off oven for minute,  pull out & spread the chocolate around with a butter knife.  May have to moisten the knife a little so doesn't glob up.  Easy, fast & minimal mess.  Thank me later on this gem.

winner-winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cake batter cookies taste so good for how simple they are.  1 box of devils food cake mix, 1/3 cup oil and 2 eggs.  Mix it up then add whatever floats your boat to make it awesome.  Peanut butter chips?  You bet.  White chips?  Sure.  Salted caramel chips, white chips AND chocolate chips?  Why not?  Bake 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

If you can find cinnamon chips, the oatmeal cookie recipe on the bag is a huge hit.  You can had some white chocolate chips to melt on the top or add cream cheese icing once they are cool.  

some good ideas...I will have trouble deciding.  I've got a few weeks before the event, so I should probably test a couple of these.

Oh man who remembers the things....I can’t remember the cereal, it was like a graham cracker, maybe came out around the time of Cinnamon Toast Crunch but not as sugary but same company.... the dessert bars with the chocolate and the marshmallows like a s’more..

Kentucky Fried Crack-

Regular non frosted corn flakes

Butterscotch chips, bag

3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Melt peanut butter and butterscotch chips on low heat until completely melted. Mix in corn flakes until evenly covered then place on parchment paper and place in fridge/freezer. They end up looking like KFC chicken pieces and are irresistible.. Hence the name :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are two that we've done recently and are delicious.

:drool:

Gooey Chocolate Chip Sandwich Bars

Snickerdoodle White Chocolate Blondies

Oh man who remembers the things....I can’t remember the cereal, it was like a graham cracker, maybe came out around the time of Cinnamon Toast Crunch but not as sugary but same company.... the dessert bars with the chocolate and the marshmallows like a s’more..
My wife is in charge of the baking in our house. She loves to make cookies. (You should see our place around Christmas!!!)

I remember these because she made them recently; she made the snickerdoodles a couple weeks ago, and they were awesome!

Kentucky Fried Crack-

Regular corn flakes

Butterscotch chips, bag

3/4 creamy peanut butter

Melt peanut butter and butterscotch chips on low heat until completely melted. Mix in corn flakes until evenly covered then place on parchment paper and place in fridge/freezer. They end up looking like KFC chicken pieces and are irresistible.. Hence the name :thumbup:
We do something similar but use:

Melted white chocolate

Peanut butter

Marshmallows

Cashews (I suppose you could use peanuts, but I think cashews provide better flavor and texture).

Form it into tablespoon-sized clods and let cool. Trust me it's crack.

golden grahams? 

Kentucky Fried Crack-

Regular corn flakes

Butterscotch chips, bag

3/4 creamy peanut butter

What is "regular" corn flakes...frosted or plain?   I assume that is 3/4 cup of peanut butter...

Here are two that we've done recently and are delicious.

:drool:

Gooey Chocolate Chip Sandwich Bars
Got a test batch of these in the oven right now.  They are going to be rich AF.  Initial observation...the chocolate "filling" part of the recipe makes too much and the cookie dough part of the recipe makes too little.  My base layer was very thin, but I guess my kids enjoyed eating the extra chocolate.  Still have some left in the fridge. The dough is very sticky and hard to spread on the parchment paper without just pulling everything up out of the dish when you touch a spoon or spatula to it.  About 5 minutes of bake time left...   :whistle:

Got a test batch of these in the oven right now.  They are going to be rich AF.  Initial observation...the chocolate "filling" part of the recipe makes too much and the cookie dough part of the recipe makes too little.  My base layer was very thin, but I guess my kids enjoyed eating the extra chocolate.  Still have some left in the fridge. The dough is very sticky and hard to spread on the parchment paper without just pulling everything up out of the dish when you touch a spoon or spatula to it.  About 5 minutes of bake time left...   :whistle:
AND?????? :excited:

My wife the baker has several comments. About putting the dough in the dish...'It's putzy, you don't have to be that exact.' about the dough being 'thin'...It will rise in the oven, so that will even things out.. and for the contest, if you use this recipe...Warm them up in the microwave for ~10 secs, they will be like coming out of the oven. YUMMY!!!!

Also she wanted to know why us guys were trading recipes on a FF site!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
AND?????? :excited:

My wife the baker has several comments. About putting the dough in the dish...'It's putzy, you don't have to be that exact.' about the dough being 'thin'...It will rise in the oven, so that will even things out.. and for the contest, if you use this recipe...Warm them up in the microwave for ~10 secs, they will be like coming out of the oven. YUMMY!!!!

Also she wanted to know why us guys were trading recipes on a FF site!!! :rolleyes:
Still pretty hot...was waiting for them to cool before cutting in to them as they look like they will just ooze everywhere.   My son is dying though.  They smell good.  I took a pic, but don't have the cord for my phone handy to connect to my computer...maybe I'll try to load up an image from my phone.

Here is my attempt at Gooey Chocolate Chip Sandwiches... https://i.imgur.com/T1Klrsc.jpg

My two boys both think the chocolate is too overpowering, and they wish they could taste more of the cookie.   I don't disagree with them.  They are good, but you better like chocolate A LOT to eat these...not a problem for many, I understand.  Have some milk handy!   Even with their critique, I don't expect these will last long as one of my boys just grabbed his second bar...  

yes, because kids love cherries (5%)
We have a 12 year old daughter and make a decent amount of cupcakes throughout the year:

black forest

key lime (graham cracker bottom; meringue topping)

Guiness chocolate with bailey's frosting

margarita with orange frosting

cinnamon apple

chocolate cinnamon

banana fosters

etc. etc.....

black forest is a personal favorite

We have a 12 year old daughter and make a decent amount of cupcakes throughout the year:

black forest

key lime (graham cracker bottom; meringue topping)

Guiness chocolate with bailey's frosting

margarita with orange frosting

cinnamon apple

chocolate cinnamon

banana fosters

etc. etc.....

black forest is a personal favorite
all delicious. Congrats, your kid has developed good palate at an early age.  

most kids tastes are ridiculously narrow and horrible.  

Here is my attempt at Gooey Chocolate Chip Sandwiches... https://i.imgur.com/T1Klrsc.jpg

My two boys both think the chocolate is too overpowering, and they wish they could taste more of the cookie.   I don't disagree with them.  They are good, but you better like chocolate A LOT to eat these...not a problem for many, I understand.  Have some milk handy!   Even with their critique, I don't expect these will last long as one of my boys just grabbed his second bar...  
looks like these warm would go perfectly under a pile of vanilla ice cream

She was very adventurous early on. Retracted to penne with butter for more years than I would have liked .... then started opening the palate again 4-5 years ago.  We rejoiced when she began enjoying pizza.

Made about 4 dozen peanut butter cookies tonight and did 3 practice run batches(SC State Fair Contest) of cheddar biscuits.

Users who are viewing this thread