Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dinsy Ejotuz

Hue Jackson -- Coach of the Year?

Recommended Posts

Anyone else think they should’ve went for it on 4th & 1 last night to seal the deal? IMO he coaches scared. He had to have known his kicker was hurt last week. Go for the freaking 2 point!!! Subpar coaching and lucked into Tyrod getting hurt and Mayfield willing their first win. He should be fired for starting Tyrod. How could they go through a whole offseason and preseason and determine that Tyrod was the better QB? Browns could be 3-0 right now.

Edited by ldizzle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hilts said:

Hue gets no credit for keeping the team from quitting during the piles of garbage the gm gave him to work with? And now that they're showing a glimmer of respectability people want to toss him aside? This is ridiculous. Historically awful teams don't change in the blink of an eye. Hue is building something great and he should be given time to have Cleveland blossom into a perennial contender. 

Nope, not a single ounce of credit.  

2-32-1 says it all.  He is worse than a bad head coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dismattle said:

May want to consider checking Vegas odds. Chance you kill it

40-1

If I made wagers I'd gladly take that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brutal hatchet job from the refs to steal a victory. If it weren't for a bust of a kicker and the refs making an inexcusable call, he'd have this team in the playoff hunt. As it is, he's lining up to be one of the better coaches this year.

Edited by Hilts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if he had any balls he would’ve gone for it on 4th and inches and won the game. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-2-1 in the NFL's toughest division.

PKs and the refs have managed to cheat him out of Coach of the Year (probably needs to go 7-4 from here), but even as it is no coach has ever taking an 0-16 team to .500 the next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

2-2-1 in the NFL's toughest division.

PKs and the refs have managed to cheat him out of Coach of the Year (probably needs to go 7-4 from here), but even as it is no coach has ever taking an 0-16 team to .500 the next year.

:lmao: He thought there were still 2 seconds left on the clock after his kicker converted the game-winning FG in OT yesterday! That’s about 118th on the list of what should be instant disqualifiers for this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

2-2-1 in the NFL's toughest division.

PKs and the refs have managed to cheat him out of Coach of the Year (probably needs to go 7-4 from here), but even as it is no coach has ever taking an 0-16 team to .500 the next year.

Why are you trying so hard to push this onto people?  Is Hue your dad?  Or wait...are you Hue?!?!  :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

2-2-1 in the NFL's toughest division.

PKs and the refs have managed to cheat him out of Coach of the Year (probably needs to go 7-4 from here), but even as it is no coach has ever taking an 0-16 team to .500 the next year.

The hard part of that is being a bad enough coach to get to 0-16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not a good coach. They have good players and will be legitimately decent once they have a good coach next year, it’s pretty simple. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

2-2-1 in the NFL's toughest division.

PKs and the refs have managed to cheat him out of Coach of the Year (probably needs to go 7-4 from here), but even as it is no coach has ever taking an 0-16 team to .500 the next year.

That's amazing considering how many teams have gone 0-16.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think they've looked competitive in every game.  But I also think that's largely in spite of Hue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Harbaugh took a 49ers team that hadn't finished above 500 for 8 straight seasons (coming off a 6-10 season) to 13-3 & then overtime in the NFC Championship game (only to lose bc his piece of #### punt returner fumbled twice). 

That is a Coach of the Year worthy turnaround - a discussion at 2-2-1 is slightly premature at this juncture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnTheReg said:

He’s not a good coach. They have good players and will be legitimately decent once they have a good coach next year, it’s pretty simple. 

Agree, if we know anything about the modern Browns, they make the right choices... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jm192 said:

I actually think they've looked competitive in every game.  But I also think that's largely in spite of Hue. 

They haven't quit on him. That's a good coach. He has them playing hard and nor giving up. Denver fans, for example, wish they had that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hilts said:

They haven't quit on him. That's a good coach. He has them playing hard and nor giving up. Denver fans, for example, wish they had that.

So the measuring stick is now comparing him to other bad coaches?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hilts said:

They haven't quit on him. That's a good coach. He has them playing hard and nor giving up. Denver fans, for example, wish they had that.

Why would a 2-2 team quit?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Jim Harbaugh took a 49ers team that hadn't finished above 500 for 8 straight seasons (coming off a 6-10 season) to 13-3

6-10 is infinitely better than 0-16.  Like, mathematically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ffweasel said:

So the measuring stick is now comparing him to other bad coaches?  

No. It's to show he isn't a bad coach. 

3 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Why would a 2-2 team quit?

Well they're 2-2-1, don't forget the tie. But they wouldn't quit is the point. Because they're being coached well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Well they're 2-2-1, don't forget the tie. But they wouldn't quit is the point. Because they're being coached well. 

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

This the exact mentality Hue is fighting. For years whenever anyone thought of the Browns that's all anyone thought. They've been a perennial joke. Annual trash. To change an entire system like that takes a lot of time, effort, talent, and quality coaching. 

Hue may have been screwed out of his coach of the year award thanks to refs blowing calls and a lousy kicker, but he's still shown he's been one of the better coaches this year and should finish the year opening the eyes of a lot of haters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns won an average of 3.8 games per year for the last 10 years.  They were truly terrible, a laughingstock, well before Hue got there.  And they intentionally tanked for two years under Sashi to acquire picks. 

Even trying to lose and going 1-31, they were only modestly under performing the results of the previous eight years.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hilts said:

This the exact mentality Hue is fighting. For years whenever anyone thought of the Browns that's all anyone thought. They've been a perennial joke. Annual trash. To change an entire system like that takes a lot of time, effort, talent, and quality coaching. 

Hue may have been screwed out of his coach of the year award thanks to refs blowing calls and a lousy kicker, but he's still shown he's been one of the better coaches this year and should finish the year opening the eyes of a lot of haters.

The argument that a coach is good because his.500 team in the first month of the season hasn't quit on him is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum.  And Eminence and LHucks have posted here for years.

Why would a .500 team in the first month of the season quit, regardless of who their coach is?  They could literally not have a coach and they wouldn't have quit on the season.

What's next, Hue is a great coach because none of his players have literally punched him in the face yet?

Edited by FreeBaGeL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not the only reason he's a good coach, just one of many data points. 

HTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hard time patting him on the back.  It seems clear Baker should have started say 1.  Prior to baker starting, he was 1-32-1.

With Baker, he’s 2-1.

If he had his way, they’d be 0-4-1 and we’d all be hearing how Baker wasn’t ready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland had 3 players win rookie of the week before yesterday. 3/4 weeks have gone to Hue's team, but let's all pretend he isn't putting rookies in a position to do well when they're ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Cleveland had 3 players win rookie of the week before yesterday. 3/4 weeks have gone to Hue's team, but let's all pretend he isn't putting rookies in a position to do well when they're ready. 

Are you trolling right now?

This is a joke.  Yes, clearly Chubb won rookie of the week because Hue limited him to 3 carries that week.  How many rookie of the weeks would he have if Hue actually let him play?

And Baker won rookie of the week on a week where Hue literally had him on the bench and he only played because of Tyrod's injury.  He wanted the rookie of the week on the bench that week.

The Browns are .500 because they have good players.  They would likely be 5-0 if they had a good kicker OR if they had a coach that was actually willing to play his best players.  The would likely be 0-4-1 if injury hadn't forced Hue to stop making dumb decisions.  And they're STILL not playing their best RB, who might have been the difference in that narrow loss to Oakland with more carries.

This is a good roster.  A good defense with really good skill position players.  He pooped away Josh Gordon and almost screwed up Callaway too because of his idiotic idea to let two drug addicts babysit each other (lol who thought that would work?).  He wanted to keep his good QB on the bench until he was forced to actually play him.  He still won't play their studly looking RB.

They've won 2 games in spite of him, with a roster good enough to have won 5 with good coaching.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Are you trolling right now?

This is a joke.  Yes, clearly Chubb won rookie of the week because Hue limited him to 3 carries that week.  How many rookie of the weeks would he have if Hue actually let him play?

And Baker won rookie of the week on a week where Hue literally had him on the bench and he only played because of Tyrod's injury.  He wanted the rookie of the week on the bench that week.

The Browns are .500 because they have good players.  They would likely be 5-0 if they had a good kicker OR if they had a coach that was actually willing to play his best players.  The would likely be 0-4-1 if injury hadn't forced Hue to stop making dumb decisions.  And they're STILL not playing their best RB, who might have been the difference in that narrow loss to Oakland with more carries.

This is a good roster.  A good defense with really good skill position players.  He pooped away Josh Gordon and almost screwed up Callaway too because of his idiotic idea to let two drug addicts babysit each other (lol who thought that would work?).  He wanted to keep his good QB on the bench until he was forced to actually play him.  He still won't play their studly looking RB.

They've won 2 games in spite of him, with a roster good enough to have won 5 with good coaching.

:own3d: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

as it is no coach has ever taking an 0-16 team to .500 the next year

You do know that when the Browns went 0-16 it was only the second time in NFL history that had happened, right?

I hope this thread is just a poorly executed :fishing: thread and you don't really believe the stuff you are posting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 6:25 AM, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Let's say the Browns end up 8-7-1.

Going from 0-16 to a winning record has to take it down, right?  Not only the greatest turnaround in NFL history, but led by a coach who somehow didn't lose the team despite a 1-31 record the previous two years.

No, but the Browns next coach might.

You know... the one that gets them over the hump from exceptionally adequate to just plain exceptional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, apalmer said:

update?

The team had a good showing today but they couldn't get it done against one of the worst defenses in the league. The offense hasn't been quite as potent as it could be so Hue is going to be getting involved on that end to help bring them to their full potential. We'll really see them come to life soon. 

Still doing great work bringing Cleveland to the verge of being a playoff contender. By next year they're going to be a a trendy sleeper SB pick. He's arguably the best coach in his division (maybe Harbaugh).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hilts said:

The team had a good showing today but they couldn't get it done against one of the worst defenses in the league. The offense hasn't been quite as potent as it could be so Hue is going to be getting involved on that end to help bring them to their full potential. We'll really see them come to life soon. 

Still doing great work bringing Cleveland to the verge of being a playoff contender. By next year they're going to be a a trendy sleeper SB pick. He's arguably the best coach in his division (maybe Harbaugh).

Wait, is this the new Josh Gordon thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The countdown to his firing has finally begun. Fire Haley as well and do not let a recycled NFL coaching failure get the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hilts said:

The team had a good showing today but they couldn't get it done against one of the worst defenses in the league. The offense hasn't been quite as potent as it could be so Hue is going to be getting involved on that end to help bring them to their full potential. We'll really see them come to life soon. 

Still doing great work bringing Cleveland to the verge of being a playoff contender. By next year they're going to be a a trendy sleeper SB pick. He's arguably the best coach in his division (maybe Harbaugh).

I would say of all the coaches in the AFC North, he's definitely among the top six.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Pretty sure he's trolling at this point. 

Pretty sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I woke up this morning, I asked myself "What do the Browns need to be more competitive?" The answer? Hue Jackson, the current head coach, needed a more hands on approach with the offense. Then I realized I wasnt wide awake and needed coffee.

How his employees and players take him seriously as he acts like everyone else is the problem but him. This isnt a coach looking to help a team, this is a coach looking for a scapegoat or an excuse. If he wanted to help the team, he would resign and realize he cant be taken seriously. He better send Dorsey a fruit basket or edible arrangement to keep the job he does daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

When I woke up this morning, I asked myself "What do the Browns need to be more competitive?" The answer? Hue Jackson, the current head coach, needed a more hands on approach with the offense. Then I realized I wasnt wide awake and needed coffee.

How his employees and players take him seriously as he acts like everyone else is the problem but him. This isnt a coach looking to help a team, this is a coach looking for a scapegoat or an excuse. If he wanted to help the team, he would resign and realize he cant be taken seriously. He better send Dorsey a fruit basket or edible arrangement to keep the job he does daily.

I just assume he sends Dorsey a note every day reminding him of those compromising pictures he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

The bandwagon seems to have lost a wheel or two.

Dinsy, two guys are pulling it currently. And it's a heavy-### wagon.  

I was willing to give credence to the fact that he's not as horrible as being painted in here, but good? That's another question. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good OC, maybe. 

Good HC, not likely.  

To the two guys still hauling this wagon, I assumed this was a thread being led by trolls.  Do you guys really support Hue as COY material?  Or even a good HC?  And if so, why?  Many of us can go on all day to identify his poor qualities.  What has he done as a HC to keep your respect?  Truly curious here.

In the last two days, we have seen Hue's true nature.  He backstabs his coaching staff when things don't go well.  He seeks out attention in the worst moments.  He tries to tip-toe around the messes he makes, blaming it on someone else (this time the media). You don't see other HCs do this in the NFL, yet this is the guy you want to annoint as COY material.  Really?  I'm truly confused by your stance and would love to hear/understand your perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He managed to keep his team close most of the game but the better team put it away late. His inability to find a good kicker is definitely something he should be criticized for. 

Mayfield didn't look great today. Gotta think Tyrod might have been able to get the ground game moving better, but kudos to Hue for sticking with the rookie and aim for tomorrow at the expense of today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 6:57 AM, Peak said:

Good OC, maybe. 

Good HC, not likely.  

To the two guys still hauling this wagon, I assumed this was a thread being led by trolls.  Do you guys really support Hue as COY material?  Or even a good HC?  And if so, why?  Many of us can go on all day to identify his poor qualities.  What has he done as a HC to keep your respect?  Truly curious here.

In the last two days, we have seen Hue's true nature.  He backstabs his coaching staff when things don't go well.  He seeks out attention in the worst moments.  He tries to tip-toe around the messes he makes, blaming it on someone else (this time the media). You don't see other HCs do this in the NFL, yet this is the guy you want to annoint as COY material.  Really?  I'm truly confused by your stance and would love to hear/understand your perspective.

No, he no longer deserves COY. He had some bad luck losing early season games, and that ruined his chances. 

Why is him calling out his staff a bad thing? Should he stick his head in the sand and ignore trouble? Coaches regularly have relationships with the media that aren't cozy. You don't see Belichick being best friends with reporters. 

He's kept his team together when they had no talent. And now that the seeds he's spent the last two years planting are starting to sprout, impatient people are stomping their feet and wanting success now. It's a process. Those take time, especially when you're dealing with a historically incompetent organization. You can't turn that around overnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Belichick would need to lose 1,070 games STRAIGHT to equal Hue Jackson's win %.

L. O. L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, btemp said:

Apparently Belichick would need to lose 1,070 games STRAIGHT to equal Hue Jackson's win %.

L. O. L.

A HoF coach with the one of the greatest qb's of all time tends to lead to a high winning percentage. 

 

If there was a HoF for poorly run franchises, Cleveland would be first ballot. Jackson had a LOT to turn around, and that takes time. They actually look promising now. Next year they'll be a sneaky playoff contender. If Mayfield can keep growing they'll become a strong SB contender within the next 3 years. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.