What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hey, is there a free version of microsoft office available? (1 Viewer)

Not that I know of, Google Docs or Open Office probably your best bet depending on what program you’re trying to use

universities and some employers offer a discount, so may be worth checking into there.  For example my last job had a home use download for like $10 or something 

I need Microsoft Office due to needing it for training.

Also, anyone know how much a pay version costs?

TIA
How long is the training?  I think there are free trial versions but not sure how long that lasts.   Buying a license is a couple hundred last time I checked a couple years ago.

eBay.com is your friend 
Funny story about eBay and buying Microsoft Office. At one point I bought a multi user business edition of Office on eBay. Still shrink wrapped with Microsoft key codes in the box. 

The place had a zillion of them and claimed they were surplus bought out from a big company that went out of business. 

Cutting to the chase, eBay then came after me saying I bought pirated or stolen merchandise and gave me a lifetime ban from eBay. No way to even appeal their decision. That was nice of them. So I can never use eBay again. 

Funny story about eBay and buying Microsoft Office. At one point I bought a multi user business edition of Office on eBay. Still shrink wrapped with Microsoft key codes in the box. 

The place had a zillion of them and claimed they were surplus bought out from a big company that went out of business. 

Cutting to the chase, eBay then came after me saying I bought pirated or stolen merchandise and gave me a lifetime ban from eBay. No way to even appeal their decision. That was nice of them. So I can never use eBay again. 
Why would they come after you and ban you? Selling counterfeits is illegal, not buying and owning them. Seems like they are scapegoating you for something that was a seller issue (as well as their own issue for allowing that kind of merchandise on their platform).

Why would they come after you and ban you? Selling counterfeits is illegal, not buying and owning them. Seems like they are scapegoating you for something that was a seller issue (as well as their own issue for allowing that kind of merchandise on their platform).
Apparently there is some provision in their user agreement that licensed software or intellectual property can only be sold at the price for a license set forth by the software manufacturer. They claimed in using eBay I agreed to that and should have known that a program that sells for hundreds of dollars should not be available for $59 or $69. In fact, they said I should have reported the seller. They were very vague about which section and wording of the user agreement I violated but no matter how hard I tried they said their decision was final. It was probably 10 years ago. It was in tandem with PayPal, as they said I knowingly paid for pirated software, so I got a double ban from eBay and PayPal.

If I try and open a new eBay or PayPal account, anything that is remotely similar to my old account gets flagged and that account gets closed within days. So I can't use the same name, address, bank account, etc. I literally can no longer buy anything off of eBay anymore, which is just dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread