What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Hey Bloom-

0.25 ppr league; need 1 TE and 1 WR...

J Cook vs Ebron vs Burton

Golladay vs K Cole vs Hogan

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey sig

Ppr question for rest of the season.

What are your thoughts on antonio callaway, jordan matthews and courtland sutton?

Hi SG, really appreciate all your advice throughout the year(s). 

10 team .75 PPR league. 

I have Conner and Le'Veon. Should I just ride it out? Or look to unload them? And if I'm trying to trade, what would be a good return? 

Many thanks. 

STD League looking for a good median/floor at WR since I have Cooks as other WR and decent RBs and TE.

ARob or W Fuller?

Will Eli Apple being out really help Fuller’s opportunity?

RB: Sony Michel, Clement (assuming Ajayi and Sproles are out), or Dion Lewis? Joe Mixon is down and my other RB is Drake. 

Opponent had Crowell and Landry so I could probably use some upside?

Hey Bloom,

In a 12 tm .5 ppr league. Have an empty bench spot and would like a lottery ticket with the highest potential every week upside, in your opinion.

Godwin, Ronald Jones, James Washington, C. Edmonds, Ito Smith, and Tre'quan Smith.

Thanks Sig!

It appeared during KC/Pit game that AB had a lower leg injury around the same time he was upset. Any truths/speculation that his short yardage receptions this year is due to a possible injury? He was banged up in camp. Initially when he was a no-show, I also thought he may have been dealing with the injury, but that never came up in any reports.

Which side of the trade would you lean....10 team PPR Josh Gordon and Jordan Reed or Travis Kelce Geronimo Allison. Ive got Tyreek too so would be playing two Chiefs every week but lots of production to be had in that offense right now.  Thanks!

I'm in a 12 team standard league.  Who should I use as my WR3?

Funchess vs Cinn

K. Cole vs Tenn

J. Brown vs Den

Thank you!

12-team PPR, only 1 QB can be played per week with standard scoring. I have A.Luck as my only QB and top 20 QB’s already taken (my league mates love carrying 2-3 QB’s). I have McCaffrey, Thompson, Drake, Breida, Collins & Yeldon. Do I drop Yeldon for Mayfield in hopes for a Mahomes type year or possible future trade bait? Mostly considering because available QBs in my league are thin and Luck is not playing up to his ceiling and getting banged around behind his OL. 

Thanks in advance Sig!

Hey Sig,

Kenny Stills got dropped, would you drop Michael Crabtree or Chris Godwin for him? Or is the ball going around too much in MIA to justify picking Stills up?

Thanks in advance!

Happy Week 3; the start of overreactions! (Thanks in advance for doing these again, btw). I got a couple for ya and I'll try to be as concise as possible.

Scenerio: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster:

• QB: Watson
  • RB: GurleyKamara, Collins, Penny, Chubb, Allen
  • WR: AJ Green, TY Hilton, J. Gordon, Crabtree, Watkins, Callaway
  • TE: Engram
  • K: Bailey ,(Zuerlein - will dump, but haven't yet)
  • DST: MIN
Question 1: Obviously, it's silly to carry 2 kickers; even if one is Greg the Leg since he's injured, so who would you add for him:

• Blake Bortles (to have a decent b/u to Watson in case of injury)
  • Malcom Brown - LAR (looks to be the handcuff for Gurley)
  • Ito Smith - ATL (does he actually have any value?)
  • Tre'Quan Smith - NO
  • Tyler Boyd - CIN
Question 2: Would you drop anyone else on my roster for the above FA's?

Question 3: Do you start Collins, J. Gordon, or Crabtree?

Scenerio 2: 12-team, .5 PPR, All TD's = 6pts, Redraft league (QRRWWTFKD)

My Roster (Starters bolded):

• QB: Rivers
  • RB: Barclay, Lynch, Burkhead, K. Johnson, Penny
  • WR: Allen, Cooks, Gordon, Watkins, Cobb
  • TE: Gronk
  • K: Gano
  • DST: HOU
Question 1: WDIS @ RB2:

• L̶.̶ ̶M̶u̶r̶r̶a̶y̶ ̶v̶s̶.̶ ̶B̶U̶F̶ (Currently a FA - already scooped up)
  • Lynch @ MIA
  • K. Johnson vs. NE
  • Burkhead @ DET

Thanks Bloom:

Standard

QB - Big Ben at TB or Stafford vs NE

Pick 2 _Need one RB AND one Flex:

Collins, Clement, Lindsay, Agholor, M. Williams

SENOR ESQUONDOLES!

How do you feel about holding 2 QBs in a league that rosters 17? I drafted Mahomes ? and his bye isn’t until week 12. I could drop Yeldon for the likes of Bortles, Tannehill or Flacco. 

Or maybe drop Yeldon for the Packers DST next week? (Or hold Browns @ OAK?)

Also, are you trading Fitzgerald in PPR for whatever you can get or holding and counting on volume/garbage time (Rosen time)?

Also, are you dropping Tyrod in Dynasty Superflex? Maybe he gets traded or latches on somewhere else next year?

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul! Good luck this weekend!

Hi Sig, this one is doing my head in this week. Non ppr. I’m starting Conner at one RB spot, and Adams and Diggs at my two WR spots. Sat Hyde last night. I need two players from the following for an RB spot and flex spot 

Gio Bernard 

David Johnson 

Alex Collins 

Corey Clement ( if Ajayi sits ) 

Brandin Cooks 

I think I’ve had every single one of them in my lineup at some point in the last two days. 

Big Ben/Conner/RB2/Adams/Diggs/Flex/Reed/K/Bears

I’d  consider myself a favourite for this matchup going against 

Newton/AP/McCaffrey/Hogan/Kupp/Gronk/Watkins/K/Browns

Thanks

Hey Sig!... 4 leagues;

QB; Wilson or Ryan

2QBs; Newton / Watson / Garoppolo

PPR Flex (pick 1); Lindsay or Clement 

PPR Flex (pick 2); Clement / Allison / Graham / Engram / Burton

Thanks!

Need 2, full PPR - D. Lewis, Golladay, Burkhead, Michel, Hogan, J Gordon or M Goodwin?

Not sure if Cook plays, but pick 2 RB;

Cook vs BUF

Howard vs ARI

Conner vs TB

Burkhead vs DET

I'm playing a guy with Hill and Diggs (Hunt and Barkley too).. 

Pick 2 WR;

Fitz vs CHI

Golladay vs NE

Hogan vs DET

Gordon vs DET

Cole vs TEN

Thanks in advance!

14 Team Dynasty ...No PPR .. Standard Scoring .. all TD's

Starters are:

Mahomes/DavidJohnson/Hopkins/KAllen/Thielen/Kelce/Tucker/Denver

Do you bench any of them for Clement if Ajayi and Sproles are out?

Thanks!

thanks Sig. It’s a 1/2 pt. PPR, 2 WRs, 2RBs, and a FLEX. I have Hunt, Fournette, J. White, Cooks, JuJu, and K. Cole. Any ideas?

Question on Peyton Barber: Would you drop him understanding my RB depth (deep) and WR depth (shallow)?

* RBs: T. Gurley, J. Howard, J. Conner, A. Collins (J. Williams, A. Jones, P. Barber).

* WRs: N. Agholor, J. Brown, T. Lockett, J. Gordon

Of particular interest on the wire are the following I could drop for Barber:

* OJ Howard: I have Gronk, but would be good insurance and possibly a flex play.

* A. Dalton: I have Stafford and he has a tough matchup @DAL next week followed by a bye week.

* GB D: Faces BUF next week. Yahtzee.

I've tried to trade Barber but nobody's biting. Could hang on and hope for an outburst vs. PIT but not confident his value will increase significantly.

Hold? Or Drop for other?

Thanks

Hey Sig!

In s standard league, do I go with Stills, Cole, Collins, or Henry in my flex spot. I bring up Henry because he did well against the Jags last year.  

As always, thanks. 

Question on Peyton Barber: Would you drop him understanding my RB depth (deep) and WR depth (shallow)?

* RBs: T. Gurley, J. Howard, J. Conner, A. Collins (J. Williams, A. Jones, P. Barber).

* WRs: N. Agholor, J. Brown, T. Lockett, J. Gordon

I could use Barber's roster spot in a variety of ways:

* A. Calloway, lots of other WRs available like Boyd, etc.

* OJ Howard (I have Gronk, but he's banged up)

* GB D (play BUF next week)

I've tried to trade Barber but nobody's biting. Could hang on and hope for an outburst vs. PIT but not confident his value will increase significantly.

Hold? Or Drop for other?

Thanks
I just dropped Barber to pick up Corey Clement.  My logic?  After this week, Tampa's got the Bears and then their bye week.  By then the rookie might actually be ready to play.

PPR League. Need three from this group:

* L. Murray vs BUF -- D. Cook hasn't practiced all week and MN has a Thursday game. Gotta think even if active, Cook could take a backseat in a cake matchup.

* M. Lynch @MIA -- Saving his days with TD plunges. OAK could keep the game close even. Long trip east worrisome.

* R. Burkhead @DET -- DET rush D awful, but  who knows if S. Michel or Burkhead get the touches.

* L. Fitzgerald vs CHI -- Bad matchup, Bad offense. But all experts continue to rank him highly. Ceiling would seem low.

* K. Golladay vs NE -- This seems like the one no brainer. Stafford is going to need to throw and NE D banged up.

* T. Lockett vs DAL -- Has been getting TDs, but not a ton of looks. Not sure that can continue. DAL secondary pretty good. (As an aside, you seem much higher on Lockett vs. pretty much everyone else).

Which Three?

Thanks

I just dropped Barber to pick up Corey Clement.  My logic?  After this week, Tampa's got the Bears and then their bye week.  By then the rookie might actually be ready to play.
This thought has crossed my mind as well.

It's likely a few weeks until Barber has value...if he ever does. In the meantime, I've got gaps to fill. Barber seems like a luxury to me considering my RB depth.

Sig full ppr need 2 rb 2 wr and a flex

wrs: tyreek, hilton, juju, agholor

rbs: fournette,gordon,clement,latavius murray

also drop trey burton to pick up ben watson or austin hooper this week? Te is very thin.

Three either/or questions:

0.5 PPR (12 teams): Watkins or Golladay in Flex spot?
0.5 PPR (12 teams): Ebron or OJ Howard at TE
0 PPR, bonuses for TDs (10 teams): Alex Collins or Marshawn Lynch at Flex spot?

1 PPR.   Screwed by Thursday night.  Was planning on Starting Dalvin Cook.   I had Hyde and Crowell on my bench.  With Cook now ruled out, I'm down to either Chase Edmonds, Jaylen Richard or Corey Grant as an RB2. David Johnson is my RB1.  

Here I go again. Last week we got it wrong.

Stafford or Jimmy G?

Also, in non-PPR

Ebron or Jimmy Graham?

Fournette or Latavius Murray?

No kidding, last night I had a dream that you and I were playing Techmo Bowl II, you were the Bills and were mopping the floor with me with Thurman Thomas. On my Mama, I have a winning streak that goes back to the 90's. Granted, I stopped playing for about 20 years but sometimes buddies come by and they want to step up. Anyways, my question is could you please keep out of my subconsciousness? 

Need 2 RB's, a TE and a Flex

PPR

6pts TD

Bonus @ 100 for receiving as well as rushing

@ running back pick 2:  Lat Murry, Gordan, Ekelar, Henry (leaning towards Lat Murray as one starter for sure w/ cook out keeping Henry on bench no matter what and still holding Ingram during suspension)

@ TE:  Jordan Reed or Jared Cook (heavily leaning Reed)

@ FLEX pick 1: Allen Robinson, Tyler Boyd, Jordan Mathews or a RB from above you didn't think should start. (leaning Robinson)

Thank You kind sir!

PPR

*Start 1 QB- Brees at Atl , Fitz vs Pitt or Ryan vs NO

*Start 1 WR- Golladay vs NE, Gordon at Det, Fuller vs NYG

*Start 2 RB- L.Murray vs Buf,  Gio at Car and Fournette vs TN

*Start 1 TE- Engram at Hous or OJ Howard vs Pitt

Thank You!

Second set of questions...thank you again...

1. P Rivers or A Luck at QB? (leaning Luck given Rivers v LAR)
  2. Jordan Reed or K Rudolph at TE?  PPR 6PTS TD.
  3. Need a Flex from the following:  PPR and 6PTS TD: Ekelar, Gordan, Crab, Kyle Rudolph/Reed (based on your answer to # 2), Galloday, Keenan Col.
Please NOTE: I am starting Howard and Conner at RB hence Ekelar and Gordan on bench as of now vs LAR.

Thank You

Thanks Sig,

FPC scoring:

Need 2 of the following:

D.Thomas@ Balt.

C.Davis @ Jax

De. Jackson vs Pitt

And 2 of the following:

R.Burkhead@ Det

J.Allen vs Den

D.Funchess vs Cinn

T.Ginn@ Atl

And a QB:

Jimmy G. @ K.C.

B.Bortles vs Tenn

And 1 of the following:

L.Miller vs NYG

D.Lewis @ Jax

K.Cole vs Tenn

And lastly 1 of the following:

T.Cohen @ AZ

J.Gordon @ Det

J.Crowder vs GB

Ty Williams @ LAR

T.Eifert @ Car

Hi Sig!

Plodder extraordinaire L. Murray was already being touted as a sleeper this week due to likely heaps of garbage time stats (can “garbage time” be 60 mins?) and that was before Cook was declared out. 

Fill in the blank: “I would start Latavius Murray over ___________, ________,  _________ and ___________ (top 20 RBs) this week at Buffalo.”

Hi Bloom,

Standard non-ppr league.

Need 3 of these players:

Fournette - Listted as questionable but looks like he will play

Bernard - Starting

Murray - starting

Howard - Coach says he will get even more touches

Thanks for the help!

Hello sig,

Traded Conner Aghalor and Chicago D for David Johnson and trey burton this week.  Now looking at:

mahomes

OBJ, Keenan, TY, Cooks, Babytron 

DJ, AP, D-Henry, Alf Morris, Ware 

gronk, burton

.5 PPR.  

I could still package WR for another RB.  Keenan + in play for Howard.  Cooks straight up in play for Lamar miller.  Let the season unfold with WR surplus, or continue push to strengthen RB?

Stuck with all hype and projects at RB...non-ppr 

Need 2 RBs or 1 and play K Cole at flex.

Collins, P Barber, Lindsay, R Freeman, Michel

leaning Collins and Barber

Or...pick up Murray but would be dropping one of those RBs (as I don’t see dropping Baldwin, Cole, or Goodwin)

I have Gurley, drafted Kelly to handcuff.  Is Kelly still worthy of a roster spot as a handcuff?  Or is this a situation where he'll leapfrog Brown should something happen to Gurley and is only inactive because he doesn't play special teams or something?  Or would it be an RBBC and the waters are too muddy to tell?  Currently have Ingram, Coleman and Drake and Malcom Brown is available. 

4pt passing TD, 0.5ppr

q1. Ebron or Cook

q2. L Miller or C Thompson

q3. One Flex out of:

L Miller/C Thompson (whoever not picked above), 

Golladay v NE,

Lockett v. Dal,

MJJ v. NE,

Josh Gordon @ DET

q4. Pick one: Fitzpatrick, Russ, Stafford

q5. AP or breida

Hi Sig! As always thanks again for this and love the podcast. I see you are cooler on DJ then most. I'm flat out sitting him. My legaue has interesting setup--I can play 1-3 RBs and 2-4 WRs totally 5 starters. It's standard scoring with 5 points for 100 yards bonus. As of now I have Howard along with Hopkins, Evans and JuJu. I'm thinking of rolling Golladay out there as well but also picked up Ckement and Bernard. Thoughts? I'm facing the Mahomes/Kamara owner. 

TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread