What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nipsey and/or bigbottom - Meat Friday Collaboration? (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
I don't know if either of you guys listen to Dan Patrick's sports talk show in the mornings, but they are sponsored by Traeger Grills. A while back they started asking for parody songs from their listeners for their "Meat Friday" Traeger promotions and some of them are pretty darn good/funny:

Dan Patrick Meat Friday songs

I was thinking that with bigbottom's musical talent and historical success with song parodies, Nipsey's captivating singing voice, and the collective FBG karma, we could encourage you to come up with a song parody worthy of inclusion on Dan Patrick's show, airing to countless millions. Who knows, you might even get a Traeger grill out of it.

Let's make this happen, for 'Murica first, and humanity second.

No doubt those two are some of the most talented people this board has ever seen......

But you're leaving out perhaps the greatest FBG songwriter of all time here:  @Bob Sacamano

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bobby Sac should be writing comedy for a living.  

I should add - Dan Patrick has recommended that the songs be no more than about 45 seconds long so they can play the whole thing on the radio, so you need to make one verse and one chorus really count.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the tune of Celluloid Heroes

Everybody loves Friday

And everybody loves meat

And everybody loves Traeger

They love the smoke, the love the heat

You put meat in every corner

And meat in everyplace in between

Need the final two lines which would be the funny part. Maybe something like a warning to keep your boner away from the grill (the boner you get from seeing all that meat cooking)? or maybe not. Something funny.

Everybody loves Friday

And everybody loves meat

Need the final two lines which would be the funny part. Maybe something like a warning to keep your boner away from the grill (the boner you get from seeing all that meat cooking)? or maybe not. Something funny.
Good song but I'm wondering if the source material might be a bit too obscure for their audience. It probably needs to be a very recognizable song with enough pop culture appeal to get them to play it on the radio.

Friday Meaty Friday to the tune of Sunday Bloody Sunday?

Or has that been done already? I’m wholly unfamiliar with this shtick. 

Good song but I'm wondering if the source material might be a bit too obscure for their audience. It probably needs to be a very recognizable song with enough pop culture appeal to get them to play it on the radio.
The Kinks too obscure? Hmmm. I don't know. The stuff that I heard them play isn't funny.

Friday Meaty Friday to the tune of Sunday Bloody Sunday?

Or has that been done already? I’m wholly unfamiliar with this shtick. 
Check out the link above. Friday Bloody Friday might work. I think Nips could pull his inner tormented Bono and you could provide the delicate Edge harmonies.

Love RHH but you need to use a recognizable song and write new lyrics.
Ideally, you would want to capture both iconic voices, although I'm not sure that's possible.  If it were possible, then maybe we nudge them towards a famous duet....

*Blows Out*

To the tune of Hunger Strike

BB:  "I don't mind grilling meats six or seven times a wee-eeeeeek
But I can't feed on vegan food, crappy meat or to-fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Meat is on the table, the Traeger is cookin'
And I smoking chickens, the ribs are finger lickin'
Steaks are on the table, man are they good lookin'
I'm not goin hungry, yeah

Nipsey:  {same verse}

Ideally, you would want to capture both iconic voices, although I'm not sure that's possible.  If it were possible, then maybe we nudge them towards a famous duet....

*Blows Out*

This is good. I could definitely do the Vedder part if Nipsey can handle Cornell. 

*Blows Out*

An example like this is PRECISELY in the target wheelhouse. Good job so far.

:blackdot:

Suggestion: Parody either of Meatloaf's songs... 

Paradise by the Dashboard Light

I would do anything for love

*Blows Out*

Brilliant

I don't know if either of you guys listen to Dan Patrick's sports talk show in the mornings, but they are sponsored by Traeger Grills. A while back they started asking for parody songs from their listeners for their "Meat Friday" Traeger promotions and some of them are pretty darn good/funny:

Dan Patrick Meat Friday songs

I was thinking that with bigbottom's musical talent and historical success with song parodies, Nipsey's captivating singing voice, and the collective FBG karma, we could encourage you to come up with a song parody worthy of inclusion on Dan Patrick's show, airing to countless millions. Who knows, you might even get a Traeger grill out of it.

Let's make this happen, for 'Murica first, and humanity second.
It's nice to know that I am not the only DP fan around. Tend to watch them every day (Benefits of being a Mr. Mom!!!)

Everybody loves Friday

And everybody loves meat

This is great!!!

Remember, DP was a disc jockey way-back-when, so he will know The Kinks. I feel the others (esp. the Front Row) are huge music fans, that they would get the reference.

It's nice to know that I am not the only DP fan around. Tend to watch them every day (Benefits of being a Mr. Mom!!!)

This is great!!!

Remember, DP was a disc jockey way-back-when, so he will know The Kinks. I feel the others (esp. the Front Row) are huge music fans, that they would get the reference.
Maybe... it just seems that most of the songs they've played are more recognizable, but Nipsey could give it a shot. I think GMs Hunger Strike idea is great. Imagine Nipsey singing Cornell's high notes.

Love the show and watch or listen to at least part everyday. The Meat Friday songs they play have been great, they like popular songs. The stuff that @Nipsey has done production wise would be just fine. The more absurd the better, making fun of the Dannettes is always good. 

Sung to the song "Don't You Want Me" by the Human League:

You were working as a butcher in a Piggly Wiggly

when I met you

I tenderized, I brined it up, and grilled it outside

Cooked it into barbeque

Now five years later on you're done with cutting up meat

Diet is now so vegan for you

But don't forget it's meat who put you where you are now

And meat can put you back there too

Don't, don't you want meat?

You know I can't believe it when I hear that you won't eat meat

Don't, don't you want meat?

You know I don't believe you when you say that you don't need meat

It's much too late to find when you think you've changed your mind

You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry

Don't you want meat Friday?

Don't you want meat, oh?

Don't you want meat Friday?

Don't you want meat, oh?

DP loves Zeppelin. Any decent “Immigrant Song” or “Whole Lotta Love”.

Seton absolutely loves the song “Surrender” by Cheap Trick. He is their musical expert guy.

Users who are viewing this thread