What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Boyd absolutely if he is available. 

Ian Thomas should start seeing more work in Carolina. 

Whoever SF picks up for Jimmy G? Ok not really. Unless it’s Manziel or Kaep.  :P

Interesting...why so low on Lockett?  Baldwin come back factored in (I am factoring that in...as I have Wilson and Baldwin already).
Baldwin and he seems like a one trick pony. The other guys listed (besides Cole) also have stud WRs ahead of them but are in better offenses that can sustain 2 wrs in them. I might rank Lockett ahead of Cole. I have both on one team and started Cole this week but may flip it next week. 

Baldwin and he seems like a one trick pony. The other guys listed (besides Cole) also have stud WRs ahead of them but are in better offenses that can sustain 2 wrs in them. I might rank Lockett ahead of Cole. I have both on one team and started Cole this week but may flip it next week. 
I have Cole as well...I like the targets last week...not sure what this week was against the Titans.  Seems like a hold there...im sure whoever I pick will be the wrong guy this year.

Might blow the rest of my FAAB on Boyd just cuz. I have one of those teams where the studs (Rodgers, Nuk, Hilton, Cook) haven't taken off yet. If they don't, I'm toast regardless.

Might blow the rest of my FAAB on Boyd just cuz. I have one of those teams where the studs (Rodgers, Nuk, Hilton, Cook) haven't taken off yet. If they don't, I'm toast regardless.
Wondering if I should do the same... 

Also considering putting a decent bid on Mayfield since I'm in a superflex redraft league that lost Jimmy G

Last edited by a moderator:
Smallwood possibly.

Seems to have resurfaced from the dead and really stepped it up in a true RBBC yesterday with Clement (with Adams getting some top). Ajayi and Sproles will eventually be back, but neither is the bastion of health.

kicking myself for adding Gurley's cuff in Brown instead of adding Boyd just before kickoff yesterday. 

To answer your question, @sho nuff:

1. Boyd
  2. Ridley (flip in dynasty/ keeper leagues)
  3. Agholor 
  4. Cole
  5. Lockett

Jordy Nelson was dropped in both my leagues after week 2.

Probably worth checking your WW to see if he’s sitting there. 

IDP special - Vontaze Burfict is coming off suspension next week & is a great pickup for those in need of linebacker help. Not the nicest person on the planet, but a solid IDP asset at a great price (free).

can likely let waivers run then add him as a FA, but if you don’t want to risk it, make the claim. 

kicking myself for adding Gurley's cuff in Brown instead of adding Boyd just before kickoff yesterday. 

To answer your question, @sho nuff:

1. Boyd
  2. Ridley (flip in dynasty/ keeper leagues)
  3. Agholor 
  4. Cole
  5. Lockett
Had Cole > Boyd + Ridley. 

Rethinking it. Boyd has earned Dalton's praise and targets, per Roto, and Ridley has earned looks, per performance yesterday and last week. 

Let the targets, catch rate, and aDOT do the talking. 

Just a tough call all around.  

Had Cole > Boyd + Ridley. 

Rethinking it. Boyd has earned Dalton's praise and targets, per Roto, and Ridley has earned looks, per performance yesterday and last week. 

Let the targets, catch rate, and aDOT do the talking. 

Just a tough call all around.  
had you asked me this last week, I likely would have had Cole over them both as well. Definitely a tough call though. 

was listening to the radio and from a snap %, Ridley was still below Sanu by quite a bit. I have to believe the team sees his potential and will get him into the clear #2 WR there, but keep that in mind. 

Apples & oranges. If something happens to Gurley you’ll be happy you handcuffed. 

Boyd would have been a nice pickup, but less strategic. Bummer you couldn’t have found a way to do both. 

besides, I’m still waiting for Dalton to turn into a pumpkin for FFB. 4 Ints yesterday were buoyed by yards & TDs. 

When the Cinci D starts playing better & Mixon comes back I’m expecting Dalton’s numbers to drop a bit.

next week’s a + start against a banged up Falcons defense (decimated, more like) but after that I’m not sure I’d rather have Boyd over Ridley. Depends on how the falcons use Sanu going forward. 

I’m not sure I’d rather have Boyd over Ridley. 
Those are great reasons to. If I had to rank order for the rest of the season I'd go: 

Ridley

Cole 

Boyd

Atlanta doesn't trust Coleman, and Freeman will be out a while. They're gonna run three-wide all day.  

Apples & oranges. If something happens to Gurley you’ll be happy you handcuffed. 

Boyd would have been a nice pickup, but less strategic. Bummer you couldn’t have found a way to do both. 

besides, I’m still waiting for Dalton to turn into a pumpkin for FFB. 4 Ints yesterday were buoyed by yards & TDs. 

When the Cinci D starts playing better & Mixon comes back I’m expecting Dalton’s numbers to drop a bit.

next week’s a + start against a banged up Falcons defense (decimated, more like) but after that I’m not sure I’d rather have Boyd over Ridley. Depends on how the falcons use Sanu going forward. 
Grabbed Callaway & Buck Allen (Have Collins and apparently I'm a glutton for punishment) over Boyd last week too. 

On a side note, this might be a good exercise; 

Last weeks WW Darlings compared to this weeks poetntial pickups:

Week 3 WW add: Callaway

vs.

this weeks add: Boyd 

Who you like better for the ROS?

Ilov80s said:
Nobody could have realistically seen that coming. Also it stinks of a situation where he is started in 70% of leagues next week and goes 2/25
Yep I think it had more to do with them attacking anyone in the Saints secondary not named Lattimore than Ridley’s new norm.  He looked better than Sanu yesterday and the #2 option would be valuable if he takes it over. 

Ilov80s said:
Nobody could have realistically seen that coming. Also it stinks of a situation where he is started in 70% of leagues next week and goes 2/25
Yeah - I wasn’t about to start him over Diggs (~6 pts)  or K.Allen (~6 pts). :doh:  

Hogan on the other hand was a close call - I almost swapped them. The 2 TDs were sexy last week but Hogan did it on 3 catches. I was a little skeptical. 

Not nearly skeptical enough. :no:  

4th&inches said:
Grabbed Callaway & Buck Allen (Have Collins and apparently I'm a glutton for punishment) over Boyd last week too. 

On a side note, this might be a good exercise; 

Last weeks WW Darlings compared to this weeks poetntial pickups:

Week 3 WW add: Callaway

vs.

this weeks add: Boyd 

Who you like better for the ROS?
Probably Boyd. 

Ilov80s said:
He's a delight to own in best ball though. :bowtie:

I like Goedert too but I wonder how those targets hold up when Jeffery returns though
I don't see those numbers being consistent at all this year.  Yes he will have games like that, but he'll also have 2 for 20 games, especially once Alshon is back.  I'd grab him in deep bench leagues maybe, knowing that an ertz injury makes him a TE1

Yeah? Wow. Hope he has an eye for Goodwin. I remember the name but can’t remember how well he has played when given the opportunity in the past. 
There aren't any good free agent QBs available anyway and they are 1-2. Beathard was a mid-round rookie last season and looked a bit overmatched but has another year in Shanahan's system. I wouldn't expect much but who knows? 

when is Jeffrey actually returning though?

Also, not a bad target for Evan Engram owners
Mon, Sep 24

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) has still not been cleared for contact.

He was listed as questionable for several days last week, so hopefully soon.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Jordy Nelson was dropped in both my leagues after week 2.

Probably worth checking your WW to see if he’s sitting there. 
He was dropped in our league last week. How much do you think that bid should be?

Don't need him. Have AB, Hilton, Tate, and the bench - I usually flex one - is Geronimo, Westbrook and Mike Williams. Oh, and Alshon Jeffery (in theory.)

He was dropped in our league last week. How much do you think that bid should be?

Don't need him. Have AB, Hilton, Tate, and the bench - I usually flex one - is Geronimo, Westbrook and Mike Williams. Oh, and Alshon Jeffery (in theory.)
Expect he’s going to be wildly inconsistent, but somehow still better than AC.

maybe 15-20% of your budget?   :shrug:

Mon, Sep 24

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) has still not been cleared for contact.

He was listed as questionable for several days last week, so hopefully soon.
My point exactly. I'm not buying into any soon-ish return for Jeffery. 

There's also Sproles in PPR leagues if you think he's got anything left in the tank:

(RotoWire) Coach Doug Pederson expects both Ajayi (back) and Darren Sproles (hamstring) to return for Sunday's game in Tennessee, Tim McManus of ESPN.com reports. Analysis: Both running backs were held out of practice all last week and ruled out on the Friday injury report ahead of Sunday's 20-16 win over Indianapolis. Pederson previously said Ajayi was a bit ahead of Sproles in terms of recovery timeline, but it now seems both are approximately on the same track, likely targeting a return to practice within the next few days. The Wednesday injury report should provide a more tangible indicator of Ajayi's progress.

There aren't any good free agent QBs available anyway and they are 1-2. Beathard was a mid-round rookie last season and looked a bit overmatched but has another year in Shanahan's system. I wouldn't expect much but who knows? 
He actually looked pretty solid from what I saw watching the replays last night. 

He had a terrific TD to Kittle called off because of one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen a ref make.

if desperate for a BYE week QB he’s not a terrible option. 

For those that lost Jimmy G, who are y’all targeting?

I’m looking at Dalton over Baker, Tannehill, Bortles, Flacco. Thoughts? 

Hard to argue Dalton short term but Bortles has a fantastic playoff schedule. 
Dalton is who I'm targeting for this week since Cousins is going up against the Rams who may be a slightly more challenging defensive unit than the Bills (now watch him hang 300 yards and a couple scores on 'em)

Tannenhill actually may do well at least for the next couple of games.

Dalton is who I'm targeting for this week since Cousins is going up against the Rams who may be a slightly more challenging defensive unit than the Bills (now watch him hang 300 yards and a couple scores on 'em)

Tannenhill actually may do well at least for the next couple of games.
Randomly picked up Tannehill for one of my BB squads and was surprised to see how well he did Sunday. 

Users who are viewing this thread