Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mr. Ham

Work Travel Guys

Shout out to the AA folks in Huntsville.

I am traveling back from Huntsville to Phoenix, through Dallas. There’s weather in Dallas so my 1:30 flight is delayed until 4 PM. This will make me miss my connection in Dallas. I go to my AA app and the only option is to go to Charlotte and then Phoenix, which is much longer. And there’s no chance for an upgrade, so it’s coach for about 5.5 air hours  😫I book it.

Then, suddenly, my original flight is back in play. Now it’s only delayed an hour. I call the Exec Plat number and she can’t get me back on. So I stand in line at the counter and the dude was a freaking saint! I explain the situation and how I was already upgraded on the first leg to Dallas when I switched flights, blah blah blah. He checks things out, gets me to Dallas, and to Phoenix on a later flight, and upgrades me the whole way! 

So here I am, in Dallas waiting to take off, sitting in 5B, sipping a Woodford Reserve, and thinking how crummy this day could have and how it actually turned out pretty damn well.

Thanks Huntsville AA dude!

Edited by kutta
  • Like 7

Not actually work related but you guys would probably know best. Can you pay to upgrade to business class on American after already buying an economy ticket? Seems like pretty much every other airline will have an option within the app to purchase an upgrade if there are seats available, even if very expensive to do so, but I don't see this option on an AA flight I have coming up in a few weeks (plenty of business seats available). 

Thoughts? Best to just call and see what the options may be?

43 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Not actually work related but you guys would probably know best. Can you pay to upgrade to business class on American after already buying an economy ticket? Seems like pretty much every other airline will have an option within the app to purchase an upgrade if there are seats available, even if very expensive to do so, but I don't see this option on an AA flight I have coming up in a few weeks (plenty of business seats available). 

Thoughts? Best to just call and see what the options may be?

For some reason you can't do that on the app, as far as I know. But they are always very helpful on the phone if you call. 

But call soon - they start giving the upgrades to the Exec Plat members a few days before the flight, so you want to make sure you try to upgrade early before those seats are gone.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:37 PM, Redwes25 said:

Do any of you guys have any thoughts on the Hilton honors program (or use it)?  Used to use Starwood but with Marriott downgrades/devaluation I am not loving it anymore though still using it. 

I travel for work irregularly and not like most of you guys (handful of times a year) but was thinking of pushing my spend to Hilton after using one for a wedding recently. I have gold status on both Hilton and Marriot through my Amex platinum card and was surprised how good gold status was on Hilton (huge pts bonus), an upgrade in my room and free breakfast which you don’t get with Marriott. No way do I travel enough to earn status above gold though I probabky would be close to getting gold without card. 

Was this thing an out of the blue experience or somewhat typical?

I do think Marriot probably has more top line properties though.  Anyway if anyone has any thoughts would love hearing from you. 

I’ve mostly been using Hilton. When I started traveling some for work, my first trip was in an Embassy Suites so I just ran with it. I like most Embassy Suites. I’ve stayed in sold old ones that weren’t great but they are mostly good and are the rare hotel with a good free breakfast.

Whatever rewards you do, keep an eye out for promotions. I had a 2000 point bonus for every stay with Hilton (with a 10k bonus after a certain number of stays) and both Hilton and Marriott are doing double points promotions now starting with your second stay during a certain time period. I have some trips coming up where I will be in Marriotts so I will probably stay with them until that ends. I’m silver status with Hilton but I don’t think I will get to gold any time soon so no reason to miss out on some 2x Marriott points. 

I’m government and sometimes I see if I can book the 2x point rate below per diem. I’ve been able to do that a couple times recently which has helped build points.

If you’re government, don’t forget to look for government rates even for your personal travel. You can still get the rate even if you aren’t on a work trip. I got a $300+ room in Moab at a SpringHill Suites (awesome family hotel) last Summer for $164 for the family and other times I’ve had my family of five in an Embassy Suites for $94 (amazing value with the breakfast for all of us). 

On 4/27/2019 at 8:27 PM, shuke said:

Not traveling anywhere.  But I was doing Hilton exclusively for a long time.  Main reason was that you can pretty much find an affordable Hilton property almost anywhere.  This is helpful not only in building points, but also redeeming them.

I've been Hilton for years, mostly because of this.  My company has some pretty strict limits on hotels sometimes, and that can make big cities in particular tough to find something.  But there's always a Hampton or Garden Inn when everything else is out of policy.  The biggest bummer is the week long sales kickoff or customer conference when we're forced into a single hotel and I'm not getting my Hilton points.

38 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Flight got cancelled this morning and now I am first in standby list in a later flight. When should I get to the gate?

you aren't going to know anything until board time. about 5 minutes before boarding IMHO

I have a new worst airport. KC.

Wow. What a bad airport! Cramped, small, weird layout, gates are right on the other side of security with basically no restaurants (we only had one Starbucks once we were through security), and very few restaurants before security.

It’s really bad there. I’d hate to be stuck there for an extended period of time.

6 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Flight got cancelled this morning and now I am first in standby list in a later flight. When should I get to the gate?

I agree with Angry Beavers, but always find its best to build a relationship with the gate agents a while beforehand. They can somewhat control seats, so you can drop hints about window seats or exit rows or whatever, and hopefully get lucky.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kutta said:

Wow. What a bad airport! Cramped, small, weird layout, gates are right on the other side of security with basically no restaurants (we only had one Starbucks once we were through security), and very few restaurants before security.

It’s really bad there. I’d hate to be stuck there for an extended period of time.

I wouldn't call the KC airport the worst but it is oddly small and does lack restaurants.  I believe KC is getting a new airport though.   

19 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I wouldn't call the KC airport the worst but it is oddly small and does lack restaurants.  I believe KC is getting a new airport though.   

Yes, I hate the KC airport w/ a white-hot passion.  I drive 5.5 hours to KC several times a year because the airport sucks and the flight options are horrible.  I hope the new airport has more flight options too.  For an city the size of KC, there's no reason to have such a crappy airport w/ relatively few flights.  

They have approved a new one, in basically the same area after some KS folks started making waves about building one on the KS side.  

On 10/14/2018 at 1:14 AM, shuke said:

Was this answered?

Free laundry/dry clean service for two pieces of clothing each day. Leela Palace in Bangalore does this also.

Any recommendations on a SPG/Marriott property in London?  Heading there for a wedding and would like to use my points.  

Recently work has me going all over the place ... Saginaw, Boston, Philly, Balt, Houston all in last 5 months. 

Normally fly AA but last 3 were Delta.  While there were all sorts of little hiccups, the Delta folks were great at making adjustments for my inconvenience.  They make every effort to resolve what ever issue comes up.  At Logan airport yesterday, my flight was delayed, and they brought in food, drinks & snacks for all the passengers waiting. That was a nice touch!  On my recent trip to Saginaw, I voluntary gave up my seat (received $600 gift card & $100 food vouchers) for a 3 hour delay.  It was an easy decision.  Shout out to the nice folks at Delta!  

• Like 1

In Düsseldorf. Flight here from Atlanta was brutal. Guy in front of me easily weighed 250. I was in coach where the seat already touched my knees, and every time he’d shift his weight back (dozens of times), the seat would go straight into my caps. Had so little space that only way I could even try to sleep was head on tray. Didn’t sleep, but managed to seriously mess up my neck trying. Looking for local chiropractor. The moral: Coach can really #### you up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

In Düsseldorf. Flight here from Atlanta was brutal. Guy in front of me easily weighed 250. I was in coach where the seat already touched my knees, and every time he’d shift his weight back (dozens of times), the seat would go straight into my caps. Had so little space that only way I could even try to sleep was head on tray. Didn’t sleep, but managed to seriously mess up my neck trying. Looking for local chiropractor. The moral: Coach can really #### you up. 

I bought this a while back.  Not perfect, but it works pretty decently and is a good option for long flights.

Edited by Sand
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sand said:

I bought this a while back.  Not perfect, but it works pretty decently and is a good option for long flights.

Speaking of travel type pillows / apparatus, thought about getting one of these for the long flights. Anybody have one or something similar?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LB7REFK/ref=psdc_3732121_t2_B079RK9ZH2

7 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

You dissapoint me my friend. You're a FBG, and you're flying coach internationally? What the heck is this world coming to???

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

9 hours ago, kutta said:

You dissapoint me my friend. You're a FBG, and you're flying coach internationally? What the heck is this world coming to???

I’m a low level exec at a big corporation. We’re the biggest customer of some of these airlines, and get stupid low rates. But we’re notorious for policies forcing us to fly coach, even internationally. And I’ve learned that the algorithms for upgrades take price of ticket into consideration, so I often don’t get them on long haul flights. I could use points, but covet then for personal trips. 

About to board from Amsterdam to Boston, and at least I got Delta Comfort +, so have a prayer at getting my work done.

I was 14 hours from Seoul to Atlanta in April in coach, though that seat had considerably more room than the box I was confined in from Atlanta to Düsseldorf. That leg seriously did some damage to my spine. 

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

I’m a low level exec at a big corporation. We’re the biggest customer of some of these airlines, and get stupid low rates. But we’re notorious for policies forcing us to fly coach, even internationally. And I’ve learned that the algorithms for upgrades take price of ticket into consideration, so I often don’t get them on long haul flights. I could use points, but covet then for personal trips. 

About to board from Amsterdam to Boston, and at least I got Delta Comfort +, so have a prayer at getting my work done.

I was 14 hours from Seoul to Atlanta in April in coach, though that seat had considerably more room than the box I was confined in from Atlanta to Düsseldorf. That leg seriously did some damage to my spine. 

Flying 14 hours tonight from Chicago to Dubai, 7 hour layover in Dubai, then 4.5 hours to Seychelles.  Ill be sitting coach (exit row at least).  Im at least flying Emirates which I hear is very nice.  Was really hoping to fly business, but this is a personal trip and tickets in coach for my wife and I were like 4.5k.   Business class was over 12k and we just couldnt justify it even if we could afford it. 

Any tips to make this bearable would be appreciated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ditka...mike ditka said:

Flying 14 hours tonight from Chicago to Dubai, 7 hour layover in Dubai, then 4.5 hours to Seychelles.  Ill be sitting coach (exit row at least).  Im at least flying Emirates which I hear is very nice.  Was really hoping to fly business, but this is a personal trip and tickets in coach for my wife and I were like 4.5k.   Business class was over 12k and we just couldnt justify it even if we could afford it. 

Rohypnol

• Laughing 1

On 5/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, kutta said:

As a resident of KC, the ease of travel through the airport is great. I can literally park and get through security in less than 15 minutes. 

I can see how non-residents would hate the airport given its lack of amenities.

21 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Speaking of travel type pillows / apparatus, thought about getting one of these for the long flights. Anybody have one or something similar?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LB7REFK/ref=psdc_3732121_t2_B079RK9ZH2

In an already cramped (claustrophobic) space the last thing on earth i want to do is wrap something around my neck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ditka...mike ditka said:

Coming from humble roots, I can't imagine shelling out $12k for flights even if I were a multi-millionaire. Maybe my perceptions would change, but as long as I have some mobility, seems like such a waste of money. I'd rather arrive at the destination, have a $1,000 dinner, which would be amazingly extravagant, and feel great about it.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

Coming from humble roots, I can't imagine shelling out $12k for flights even if I were a multi-millionaire. Maybe my perceptions would change, but as long as I have some mobility, seems like such a waste of money. I'd rather arrive at the destination, have a $1,000 dinner, which would be amazingly extravagant, and feel great about it.

$12k is a bit much.  But the older I get the more I want to spend my money on comfort and trips, so I don’t really care too much about spending silly dollars for business class on really long international trips. I paid $7.5k apiece for round trip for my wife and I to Australia a couple years back and had no problem with it. I used points last year for both of us to Europe business class. Points was way better, but I’d pay the money again if the situation presented itself.

Edited by kutta
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, matuski said:

In an already cramped (claustrophobic) space the last thing on earth i want to do is wrap something around my neck.

Understood and a good point. Would your opinion change if it was a 14 hour flight in business class?

Also, for the group, what's a better option? I fall asleep before planes take off and routinely jack up my neck because of the goofy positions airline seats place you in.

6 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

Our company policy allows business class for flights over 8 hours..."but the budget never allows for it".  I book business class and expense the cost of premium economy.

My wife and I paid for business class on our honeymoon, an extra $5k total going to EU and back. I'm not sure what my threshold is, but I was unwilling to pay the cost for business class over "upper cabin premium economy" or whatever on the 16.5 hour flight back from Sydney I had over spring break last year.

Given how much we travel for work, I am blessed for two things: Almost all personal international travel is now on points. And all business-related international travel from North America is an auto-upgrade by our policy.

That said...Qantas upper deck was pretty nice. I had like a couple extra inches...but the temperature and noise and service and bathrooms were all WAY better in the cabin with far fewer people.

What's the best way to get extra points or value via a booking site if you have to use a work AMEX to pay for flight/hotel/car?  Is Hotels.com the best for lodging (1 free night for every 10 booked)?  Anything similar for flights or car rentals?

8 hours ago, SFBayDuck said:

What's the best way to get extra points or value via a booking site if you have to use a work AMEX to pay for flight/hotel/car?  Is Hotels.com the best for lodging (1 free night for every 10 booked)?  Anything similar for flights or car rentals?

I find the best way is to just stick with a brand and use their site. I’m an American Airlines and Marriott guy, so I book through them and get their rewards points. It’s also a lot easier to cancel going direct - almost impossible to cancel using third party sites.

• Like 3

Hey guys, just got back from the Korean trip. As a first time international traveler, I WAY over packed, especially for the length of time I was there. Not knowing what to expect always makes me over estimate what I'll need. I'm ruined for domestic coach forever now. First class from CLT>DFW then Business class from DFW>INC was pretty amazing. American was great other than the last leg home that was delayed by 3 hrs so I got back home around 1:10am making it a solid 3 days of travel to get back...I think.

Korea was cool, spent most all of our short time in Inchon but the last day there traveled to the DMZ which really gives you an appreciation for how much SK wants reunification and how much NK doesn't but it is getting better, just VERY slowly. The reality they live with everyday is just so different than what we deal with it's hard to put into words. Overall, cool experience. Would love to go back and spend a few more days there seeing the country but as far as work goes, it was really plenty of time to accomplish hat we set out to so as much as I complained about the length of the trip (Monday thru Thursday) it probably was the right amount of time. I think if we go back again, it will be with a few extra days added on to take in more cultural stuff. The SK people are very accommodating to the US which also made it nice. Almost everyone speaks or at least understand English enough to get around. I don't know how I would have fared on my own walking the streets but feel like I could have managed to not get lost, mugged and been able to feed myself :D

Ironic that we were meeting with my companies main supplier of spot air conditioners because, as a country, they don't really use AC that much or they do but then have all the doors open so the effect is minimal. Also not a fan of no ice and their reluctance to provide water unless asked for constantly. I drink water like my life depends on it so not having a ready access to it for 5 days is always a little weird. Food was good but I had had my fill of it by the time we left.

PS - thanks for all the tips this thread provided :thumbup:

PSS - as a nice side benefit due exclusively to this trip, I was just awarded Gold Status on American :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by beer 30
  • Like 3

Will end the first half right at 100k miles for the year. Just got done with final redline review for deal been working on for over a year. As of last night around midnight, was texting client and thought we were going to have to walk. If we had, I probably wouldn’t have survived the deal not coming in - I countered terms at noon and we didn’t agree until five, on last business day of the quarter. 

What’s funny is it made me contemplate life not on the road constantly, and the deal being signed tonight is 30 months and virtually assures that unless I decide to leave I’ll be on the same travel trajectory. A part of me is obviously relieved, but another was a touch disappointed. Starting to at least contemplate a less travelly life. Back and neck are pretty stiff these days. 

Unlike fancy pants in the last post, I had a flight from Seoul to Atlanta in coach in April, and have flown coach both ways from London, Nice, and Düsseldorf. That alone will mess you up!

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Day trip Sea to LA, quick meeting , LA back to Seattle. Potential to suck pretty bad.

Meeting went well. Got upgraded both ways, was able to get to airport way faster for return flight than expected and was ready to take crappy seat and forgo upgrade. Somehow was able to get upgraded on the earlier flight. That never happens.

Will enjoy a few on the flight back. 

May even switch seats with someone in bulkhead if asked @Otis

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 8:00 AM, kutta said:

I find the best way is to just stick with a brand and use their site. I’m an American Airlines and Marriott guy, so I book through them and get their rewards points. It’s also a lot easier to cancel going direct - almost impossible to cancel using third party sites.

And use their branded credit cards to buy your flights/rooms.

My family of 4 is currently in Europe for 2 weeks and I'm only paying for meals and activities. Flights (excluding taxes) and hotels have been taken care of using my points. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I need some quick advice from you pros.  I got notice I have to fly to Minneapolis tomorrow for a month (from Detroit).  I travel exclusively for work, but it can include some "virtual" work from home; and the time away tends to be lengthy, followed by extended time at home.  I fly Delta when traveling and, while checking in for tomorrow's flight, I caught that I have enough Sky Miles for 1-year of access to the Delta Sky Club after the miles from my weekend in KC last weekend.  I like the idea of the club access, but my travel can vary from around 10-15 flights per year to 25-30.  Would you gamble on lots of flying and thus the access, or go for the "sure thing" and use the miles for a flight (like heading to Boise for a Music Festival next Spring)?  

35 minutes ago, 2Young2BBald said:

I need some quick advice from you pros.  I got notice I have to fly to Minneapolis tomorrow for a month (from Detroit).  I travel exclusively for work, but it can include some "virtual" work from home; and the time away tends to be lengthy, followed by extended time at home.  I fly Delta when traveling and, while checking in for tomorrow's flight, I caught that I have enough Sky Miles for 1-year of access to the Delta Sky Club after the miles from my weekend in KC last weekend.  I like the idea of the club access, but my travel can vary from around 10-15 flights per year to 25-30.  Would you gamble on lots of flying and thus the access, or go for the "sure thing" and use the miles for a flight (like heading to Boise for a Music Festival next Spring)?  

I'm not sure how many miles you're talking about, but I think I'd take the club access. It really makes a big difference when travelling, at least for me. It's much more comfortable and peaceful in the clubs. And, there's the added bonus that if you do fly a lot, you'll earn those miles back for a free flight anyway.

You don't appreciate the value of having club access until you really, really need it. Like being delayed 3+ hours in a crowded airport, trying to search around for an outlet in the terminal, having a clean bathroom to "freshen up", not having to deal with the travelling amateurs, etc.

I have the AA Platinum card and one benefit is access to the Admiral's Club. It's the first place I head to when I get to the airport and the last place I see between me and the gate on my return. If you're flying only 10-15 flights/year, I"m not sure that I would find value in the access however at double that amount, there's a pretty solid chance that you will need access due to weather/delays/cancellations on a few of those trips. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback on the Sky Club!!  I think I take immediate advantage of it tomorrow!!  Heck, there is a chance I may be delayed due to weather, so I may reap the benefits right away.  

17 hours ago, 2Young2BBald said:

Thanks for the feedback on the Sky Club!!  I think I take immediate advantage of it tomorrow!!  Heck, there is a chance I may be delayed due to weather, so I may reap the benefits right away.  

Whoa. Not sure what I expected, but this is way more than I did.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2Young2BBald said:

Whoa. Not sure what I expected, but this is way more than I did.  

I'm not anywhere near qualified but I piggyback on others membership whenever possible. It's truly like you are transported to a different world within the airport. Hard to explain to people who don't travel regularly.

Cool that you get to enjoy it for a year :thumbup:

• Like 1

Sitting in the AA lounge in Phoenix waiting for my flight to Anchorage. Heading there for my annual salmon fishing trip. Just went ahead and paid the extra for first class - it’s a long damn flight!

Fish on!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Longest stretch without work travel in years. Had short trip to Paris in mid July. Had a couple personal trips, then had series of meetings push or move to video conferences. In early August was on a plane, air conditioning units were both broken, deboarded, and flight cancelled. Been 6 weeks! On plane from Austin to NY now, then Europe next two weeks, so party is over. Was nice. Back feels good. Daughter gives me hugs. 

Bought one of the face down neck sleeping pillows for the flight to Germany next week. 

Edited by Mr. Ham

Will condense long story. In June, I had to decide whether to go to the airport or hospital after severe neck misalignment led to a complex migraine, which presents itself like a stroke. Limbs on right side went limp, as did my face. It happened before and I spent a night in the hospital. This time, I made the choice to press on. Flight made things worse, and I spent a week in Cannes in agony.

Friend introduced me to Foundation Training, which is sort of like yoga but designed specifically to correct back and neck posture. As I just posted, I haven’t done much travel of late, but have done 10-30 minutes of my video guided routines daily. ($15/mo app).

I went from thinking I would need surgery to feeling almost normal. Something you can do easily in a hotel room. Highly recommend.

Guy who started it, Dr. Erik Goodman, is in Austin this coming weekend, and I’m so impressed with results I’m attending a 3 hour workshop. 

If you have back issues, especially if you travel a lot, do Foundation Training!

8 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Will condense long story. In June, I had to decide whether to go to the airport or hospital after severe neck misalignment led to a complex migraine, which presents itself like a stroke. Limbs on right side went limp, as did my face. It happened before and I spent a night in the hospital. This time, I made the choice to press on. Flight made things worse, and I spent a week in Cannes in agony.

Friend introduced me to Foundation Training, which is sort of like yoga but designed specifically to correct back and neck posture. As I just posted, I haven’t done much travel of late, but have done 10-30 minutes of my video guided routines daily. ($15/mo app).

I went from thinking I would need surgery to feeling almost normal. Something you can do easily in a hotel room. Highly recommend.

Guy who started it, Dr. Erik Goodman, is in Austin this coming weekend, and I’m so impressed with results I’m attending a 3 hour workshop. 

If you have back issues, especially if you travel a lot, do Foundation Training!

Can  you talk about this a little more?  I have hip and lower back pain daily now and it is getting worse.  I have a standing desk, and that helps when I am not too tired to stand all day.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:36 PM, 2Young2BBald said:

Sounds like you've already done this, but the best way to do Sky Club if you're not a Diamond (IMO) is the following.

Delta Gold AmEx is a $85 annual fee waived first year and gets you into SkyClub for $29.
SkyClub has food so allows you to push that $29 to your expense report.
Individual membership is $545, so you need to hit a SkyClub 21 times, then take your receipts to someone in accounting and point out how a year membership is cheaper.
Cancel Gold AmEx before the first annual fee.

ETA: Skyclub front desk can do the same range of services as gate agents and there's usually less of a line if weather gets bad.

Edited by Gawain

Download the app. Pay $15/mo. If so inclined, you can cancel after 1-2 months after to get the content. 

Search for Foundation Training. 

There are 8 weeks of guided video lessons. Start there. I also tend to do the 12 minute lesson daily that he put together for Lance Armstrong (before the scandal). It’s linked in the app. 

There’s also a strength training section with guided weight and body weight exercises. I revamped my entire workouts to only do exercises on the site, as prescribed. It’s all helped me tremendously. I still do deadlifts (with the form they instruct), but replaced much of what I did with free weights with kettles or pull-ups, push-ups. I’ve seen good results in maintaining muscle mass, while cutting up and standing tall without pain. Most dramatic results have been in restoring the natural curvature of my neck. Can’t wait to do the exercises tonight in the hotel to combat looking at this iPad on this flight. 

Edited by Mr. Ham

It's getting to be nuts for me the next 6 weeks. Heading to Atlanta for some country concert of some guy I've never heard of in 2 weeks, then first week of October to Bryce Canyon Utah for some grilling and camping, then two weeks later to Dallas for the World food Championships then straight from Dallas to LA to go to Alisal Ranch for a grilling bootcamp then back to St. Louis. I normally start slowing down right about now but this is the busiest I;ve ever been. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheFanatic said:

It's getting to be nuts for me the next 6 weeks. Heading to Atlanta for some country concert of some guy I've never heard of in 2 weeks, then first week of October to Bryce Canyon Utah for some grilling and camping, then two weeks later to Dallas for the World food Championships then straight from Dallas to LA to go to Alisal Ranch for a grilling bootcamp then back to St. Louis. I normally start slowing down right about now but this is the busiest I;ve ever been. 

You poor bastard.  That sounds horrid.

• Laughing 1

Have meetings in Europe next three weeks, with social obligations back in Texas on the weekends.

So looks like 14 hours of flying home on Friday, then out Monday for 14 more hours to go 45 minutes away from where I was, twice.

Family coming one weekend. Trying to get out of the other thing. 2 trips is massively better than 3.

Edited by Mr. Ham