What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Staffer Steve Buzzard wins 1.165 Million in DFS (1 Viewer)

Congrats Steve

Would love more articles on where to put lineups.  How many lineups into how many different games.

I'm not a big weekly player but I do 20 GPP lineups in the same $1 or $3  contest weekly (230k people) and typically only either break even or a handful of bucks but it's a chance at bigger pays.

Should I be doing 10 GPP lineups and putting 10 in a giant pool, medium, and small?

@David Dodds 

@Steve Buzzard

Last edited by a moderator:
Great for him but how about some sympathy for the other 100,000 people who are lighter in the wallet today because of him.  :P

Congrats Steve.

BassNBrew said:
On the flip side, I saw a guy drop from $250,000 to $300 on the Darold INT and Mayfield kneel down in the last 15 seconds of the Thursday night game.  There's a fine line between winning big and just being another guy.  That guy still has to be sick to his stomach.
Was thinking about trying out these sites, but the thought of this is a 100% deterrent for me. Thanks for saving me money.

what was the winning lineup?
If it was this week and fan duel...

dacoltz

1st / 380405

POSITION

QUARTERS REMAINING

QB Matt  Ryan

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$7,700

SALARY

9.5%

OWNED

RB Giovani  Bernard

CIN 21 

CAR 31

FINAL

$6,400

SALARY

13.1%

OWNED

RB Alex  Collins

DEN 14 

BAL 27

FINAL

$6,300

SALARY

1%

OWNED

WR Julio  Jones

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$8,700

SALARY

18.3%

OWNED

WR Calvin  Ridley

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$5,000

SALARY

8.8%

OWNED

WR Robert  Woods

LAC 23 

LAR 35

FINAL

$6,700

SALARY

3.5%

OWNED

TE Travis  Kelce

SF 27 

KC 38

FINAL

$7,500

SALARY

13.6%

OWNED

FLEX Alvin  Kamara

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$8,700

SALARY

32.7%

OWNED

DEF Buffalo  Bills

BUF 27 

MIN 6

FINAL

$3,000

SALARY

0.7%

OWNED

I'm a Bills fan, and would love to know the thought process other than "nobody will pick them" on this one.

Nobody saw that one coming not even Bills fans, so do you typically just try a random cheap underdog d to play against the field?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys thanks for the shoutout and questions! You will most definitely continue to hear from me. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else than being a part of the Footballguys family. Even out relaxing on a boat. Although maybe I should start writing up my articles out there! Multi tasking at its finest.

I am in the process of writing up an article describing my thought process on this lineup. Look for that in the near future.

Thanks @agame2323 for the shoutout for accuracy of ownership projections. I put a lot of work into them and think they are the best in the business. Glad you are finding them helpful.

Hey guys thanks for the shoutout and questions! You will most definitely continue to hear from me. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else than being a part of the Footballguys family. Even out relaxing on a boat. Although maybe I should start writing up my articles out there! Multi tasking at its finest.

I am in the process of writing up an article describing my thought process on this lineup. Look for that in the near future.

Thanks @agame2323 for the shoutout for accuracy of ownership projections. I put a lot of work into them and think they are the best in the business. Glad you are finding them helpful.
Congrats man, this is just insane. 

Keep in mind that lineup was just a guess based on winning the FD milly.  He could have won the cash the previous week or on Draftkings.
He is for sure dacoltz on FD and that is his lineup. Way to go Steve from someone who uses your DFS content regularly. 

If it was this week and fan duel...

dacoltz

1st / 380405

POSITION

QUARTERS REMAINING

QB Matt  Ryan

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$7,700

SALARY

9.5%

OWNED

RB Giovani  Bernard

CIN 21 

CAR 31

FINAL

$6,400

SALARY

13.1%

OWNED

RB Alex  Collins

DEN 14 

BAL 27

FINAL

$6,300

SALARY

1%

OWNED

WR Julio  Jones

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$8,700

SALARY

18.3%

OWNED

WR Calvin  Ridley

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$5,000

SALARY

8.8%

OWNED

WR Robert  Woods

LAC 23 

LAR 35

FINAL

$6,700

SALARY

3.5%

OWNED

TE Travis  Kelce

SF 27 

KC 38

FINAL

$7,500

SALARY

13.6%

OWNED

FLEX Alvin  Kamara

NO 43 

ATL 37

FINAL

$8,700

SALARY

32.7%

OWNED

DEF Buffalo  Bills

BUF 27 

MIN 6

FINAL

$3,000

SALARY

0.7%

OWNED

The Buffalo DEF!?!? They used to burn people at the stake in the middle ages  :D

Long Ball Larry said:
Awesome for him, but how is that such a great stack?
Ryan was the #1 qb and only 2% of the teams had him. He also had Dalvin Cook and a 1% owned Kenny Golladay. Ironic that the low owned guys got him there since his main role here is the projected ownership sheets. 

Regardless, nice hit in a loaded field. 

Ryan was the #1 qb and only 2% of the teams had him. He also had Dalvin Cook and a 1% owned Kenny Golladay. Ironic that the low owned guys got him there since his main role here is the projected ownership sheets. 

ryan was the #1 QB with 261/2?  wow, down day.  haven't really looked at many stats  i guess.

again, totally awesome for him and congrats.  just surprising to me that things played out that way.  

Where are these sheets? I never play daily but would love to take a look

It's not ironic--the main idea behind his projected ownership sheets is that you want low-owned players to increase your chances of winning.

It's not ironic--the main idea behind his projected ownership sheets is that you want low-owned players to increase your chances of winning.
Sorry poor choice of words. I use them every week. What I meant was he basically won using his main thing on this site, projecting low owned players. 

How many lineups is he playing in these contests?

Just wondering if these things are winnable by those of us playing a lineup or two or if its like the top players who sometimes don't even make money over the year when winning these things because they have so many lineups paid for.

Just wondering if these things are winnable by those of us playing a lineup or two or if its like the top players who sometimes don't even make money over the year when winning these things because they have so many lineups paid for.
In years past studies showed that as the population of people playing large number of lineups proportionally won less money.  My anecdotal experience this year has been the same.  

In years past studies showed that as the population of people playing large number of lineups proportionally won less money.  My anecdotal experience this year has been the same.  
Right, if I recall a year or two back two of the "top 5" DFS players via the leaderboards retired because they were broke with one allegedly racking up debt in the 6/7 figure range, all while they showed very highly on the leaderboards because their winnings were high, and those don't factor in the cost of entry.

That's why I was wondering what the path was here.  For all I know Steve just enters a lineup or two every week and he's just really really good at this.  On the flipside if he buys in for 100k every week with 2000 different lineups like a lot of the players that regularly hit near the top of GPPs do then that is still a nice return, but a lot less accessible to most of us following who don't have the ability to drop 100k/week on DFS.

Right, if I recall a year or two back two of the "top 5" DFS players via the leaderboards retired because they were broke with one allegedly racking up debt in the 6/7 figure range, all while they showed very highly on the leaderboards because their winnings were high, and those don't factor in the cost of entry.

That's why I was wondering what the path was here.  For all I know Steve just enters a lineup or two every week and he's just really really good at this.  On the flipside if he buys in for 100k every week with 2000 different lineups like a lot of the players that regularly hit near the top of GPPs do then that is still a nice return, but a lot less accessible to most of us following who don't have the ability to drop 100k/week on DFS.
Where did you hear the first part?

I had 145 or so Milly entires early in the year.  I cashed around 40% of those but still couldn't put together a lineup with a players who did really well without avoiding a landmine.  I really thought I'd cash around 20% and have at least one lineup up the leaderboard to at least win $50-$100 on that entry.  Either way, this game is hard.

The latest one was one entry in a small field of finalists but it was also like the best of the best players in it. He’s really good. 

Users who are viewing this thread