What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread***aka AHRN'S MURDER HOBO ADVENTURE: HUNTS ELK AND PLAYS POKER (1 Viewer)

I went from not knowing anything about this game yesterday to seeing the new gameplay trailer and reading up on it and being extremely excited now

Just picked up Red Dead Redemption for my old dusty ### XBOX 360 to play for the first time before the new one comes out. I know the resolution and graphics would look better on the One X but I'm a PS4 guy so I'm stuck with the last gen version. Hoping it's aged well, I've read that it has. 

Finished the bounties in GTA online. So all my crossover stuff is done. 

I put a 2tb hard drive in my PS4 last winter, so I have plenty of space. 

Now I just need to spend time with the wife for the next 19 days so she won't kill me at the end of the month. 

So excited!  

Red Dead Redemption is probably my favorite game of all time. 

Should I get a ps4 or xbox one?  Is there a cheap version of either?  I basically will use it only to play this game and become my primary streaming device. 

Should I get a ps4 or xbox one?  Is there a cheap version of either?  I basically will use it only to play this game and become my primary streaming device. 
You can prob get a deal on both. If you have a 4K tv though and some extra scratch, I’d go XB1X. 

Since you’re going the “cheap” route, you can probably go with a used version of either. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:

There is a PS4 Pro bundle out there with the game for $399.99 for pre-order if not sold out already. You can get a new Xbox 1 S or PS4 slim for pretty cheap these days if you prefer. But if you want to go even cheaper just go used as someone else said.

This game is what will push me to buy a 4kTV too. 

I also need to buy the Xbox 4K version so all told I’m going to drop over a grand for this game. 
 I started to go down this route and had a $3000 Amazon cart. That was a bit excessive so I didn’t pull the trigger but I’m glad I’m not the only one going over the top for a $60 game. :D  

I started to go down this route and had a $3000 Amazon cart. That was a bit excessive so I didn’t pull the trigger but I’m glad I’m not the only one going over the top for a $60 game. :D  
To be fair it isn’t just for this game but yeah, kinda nuts. 

Finally bought my preorder. When for the mid tier option. The highest tier one is online stuff. I’m not that interested in that. Plus, I’m sure that if I really wanted the online bonuses I could buy them after.

Launch Trailer released today.  Possibly spoilers.

Preorder downloads start tomorrow.  Physical copy discs will not require day 1 patch to play.  Game launches officially at midnight EST on October 26th. 

I have the day off next Friday.

I am off next Friday as well! :hifive:
My only debate right now is how late to stay up Thursday night.  Being that I'm in CST, I can start playing at 11pm, however I'm old and usually asleep around 10. 

Do I play half the night and then sleep in Friday or just get a good night's sleep and play all day?  This is a true #firstworldproblem.  I really am torn.  

Poke_4_Life said:
My only debate right now is how late to stay up Thursday night.  Being that I'm in CST, I can start playing at 11pm, however I'm old and usually asleep around 10. 

Do I play half the night and then sleep in Friday or just get a good night's sleep and play all day?  This is a true #firstworldproblem.  I really am torn.  
Friday off.   Stay up late for sure dude!

I have to go out of town for kids stuff :rant:

Poke_4_Life said:

I feel you on that dilemma. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to get to the point where significantly messing up my sleep schedule has long-term effects. I'm in MTN so it will unlock at 10 for me. I'll probably play until around 11:30 and then go to bed. Still have to take my daughter to school at 7:30 Fri morning, then I'll come back home and be in good shape to play all day.

Just for conversations sake, how are we going to handle spoilers in here...  not “should we have spoilers” but how do we preface what’s in the spoiler tags so we all don’t click on something we don’t want to see?

My initial thought is denoting whether they’re main quest, side question, or open world and maybe work our way down from there?

I’m going to grab this day one, but I’m sure we’ll all move at different paces. 

Bought an external hard drive, pre-ordered, will pre-download tomorrow, and took off next Friday. How old am I again?

Just for conversations sake, how are we going to handle spoilers in here...  not “should we have spoilers” but how do we preface what’s in the spoiler tags so we all don’t click on something we don’t want to see?

My initial thought is denoting whether they’re main quest, side question, or open world and maybe work our way down from there?

This is a good question.  I will probably stay out of this thread for a while after launch, but I fully expect to still be playing story mode the rest of the year.  I will play online at some point, but I'm not going to rush story mode to get to online.  I also only get 10ish hours a week to play on a normal work week.

FYI, read this week the main story is around 60 hours long.

If it’s anything like the last one, I’m going to get side tracked hunting things for about 50 hours. 

As for spoilers, I think you laid out a pretty good plan. Something like this...

Main Story Spoiler 

There is lots of cowboys and gun fights.

Rockstar is doing a hell of a job controlling leaks. Review sites got the game yesterday and I still haven't seen a legit map. Review articles can't be released until Thursday. 

Any tech guys have an opinion on whether this game will play better on the X Box One X or Playstaion 4 Pro?

I have been looking to upgrade from the Playstation 4, and was considering buying an X Box (I have only had Playstation consoles) for the first time.

I have a 4K tv, if that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any tech guys have an opinion on whether this game will play better on the X Box One X or Playstaion 4 Pro?

I have been looking to upgrade from the Playstation 4, and was considering buying an X Box (I have only had Playstation consoles) for the first time.

I have a 4K tv, if that matters.
I think XboneX is supposed to be slightly better.  Im not really sure.

The differences are supposed to be marginal and finding objective opinions is a chore. 

However all your PS4 stuff will play on the PS4 Pro. Digital purchases and PS+ downloads. I couldn't switch from PS4 now.  

Oh good, because I'm not sure if I ever finished it the first time.  And in my replay over the weekend, so far I have mostly just sat in the poker room cheating, and gunning down anyone who catches me cheating. So not likely to see the end before the new one.
Yeah. I finished RDR but there was no way to play on my PS4 and I had forgotten some of the plot. That write up definitely refreshed the memory. 

Launch Trailer released today.  Possibly spoilers.

Preorder downloads start tomorrow.  Physical copy discs will not require day 1 patch to play.  Game launches officially at midnight EST on October 26th. 

I have the day off next Friday.
Game stop is selling it at 9PM local time here Thursday night. I took the weekend off Friday and Saturday and Sun for this. Sun afternoon I'm gonna be dead with the Eagles playing early in London

FFS.  Playing the first one, I roll into Tumbleweed or somewhere like that, rescue a captive sheriff and then am clearing out the town of bad guys. Decide to hogtie the last couple. Because that's how I roll.  So I run into a building where one is hiding, swing my lasso, nail him with it...

... and the game teleports me outside the building and about 50 feet up in the air.  From where I look down and see something that I decide to call "ground", and wonder if it would be my friend.   

It wasn't.

(Hitchhiker's Guide reference there, sorry for mixing genres)

A little over 36 hours to go.  Reviews go up online tomorrow morning.  

Several leaks have been posted on the RDR reddit page if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread