What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread***aka AHRN'S MURDER HOBO ADVENTURE: HUNTS ELK AND PLAYS POKER (1 Viewer)

cockroach said:
Between dead-eye (cheat, lol) and the healing through food/tonics, I don't see how anyone loses any encounter. 

I finished the main story last night.  Wish I had took my time a bit more, I guess.  I didn't feel like I was rushing through the story, but I'm done. 
heh, I'm still in chapter 2. Taking my sweet time.

I started over and now pretty much back to where I was. Still early in chapter 2, but I’ve got a better feel for the controls now. The controls still suck, but at least I can somewhat remember what does what. 

Does anyone ever worry about getting gold on the missions?  My list is like 80% bronze and some silver. Pretty sad. 

And to add -  my one "complaint".

So I set a way point.

Get on the trail start galloping and put it into cinematic mode.  Don't need to do anything right?  

So I'm just sitting there watching not controlling anything when WHAM i horse runs over a guy,  Now the law is after me.  By the time I realize it I'm getting shot up.

If I'm crusing in cinema mode mayb some stuff should be "off"

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
 Does anyone ever worry about getting gold on the missions?  My list is like 80% bronze and some silver. Pretty sad. 
Only way I'd care is if it had some tangible reward in game.  And even then it would annoy me to have to replay them to get all gold.

I hate stuff with time limits.  I like to take my time and try to be smart about things which normally is at odds with the time limits in achievements.

Woah how do you do that?
If the mission is still active, left d-pad to open up the list of missions.   Button to select it.  Then bumper to list the objectives.

If you've completed it, start menu -> Progress -> Story -> button to toggle objectives

Legendary bear pelt on my horse - got ambushed and killed. It’s no longer on my horse, am I screwed?
I've heard it should get auto-dropped off at the trapper if you died, so you just lose the money you'd have got for selling it.  Just go confirm he has the bear hat available in one of the outfit sets.

Also, be sure to go by a fence to confirm you can make your trinket.

37 of 43 plants collected.  Just have to do the ones in the southwest where I've still got the bounty (chapter 2).  Guess it's time to do the mission in Blackwater.

I've heard it should get auto-dropped off at the trapper if you died, so you just lose the money you'd have got for selling it.  Just go confirm he has the bear hat available in one of the outfit sets.

I understood like 2 words of this. ?

I just reloaded a save file and only lost a few minutes. Where should I take the pelt?

I understood like 2 words of this. ?

I just reloaded a save file and only lost a few minutes. Where should I take the pelt?
There is a Trapper who has a couple of wilderness stalls he buys pelts and sells clothing, plus one in a city. He's the only one who will buy the Legendary stuff, and turns it into clothing.  There are also like, claws or teeth from the bear, which can be used in the crafting menu at a Fence (i.e. the guys who buy stolen goods).   

You can bring up your map and bring up the legend and scroll down to Trapper and then d-pad left-right to see his locations you've found.  (If the list of legend items isn't highlighted, bumper to change the index list and that will let you scroll through them then.)  Or if you haven't found him yet, you could go to this online interactive map and select him under Amenities:  https://rdr2map.com/

There is a Trapper who has a couple of wilderness stalls he buys pelts and sells clothing, plus one in a city. He's the only one who will buy the Legendary stuff, and turns it into clothing.  There are also like, claws or teeth from the bear, which can be used in the crafting menu at a Fence (i.e. the guys who buy stolen goods).   

You can bring up your map and bring up the legend and scroll down to Trapper and then d-pad left-right to see his locations you've found.  (If the list of legend items isn't highlighted, bumper to change the index list and that will let you scroll through them then.)  Or if you haven't found him yet, you could go to this online interactive map and select him under Amenities:  https://rdr2map.com/
Ahh ok. I found him. He has the pelt apparently because I could craft that hat if I wanted. 

Legendary bear pelt on my horse - got ambushed and killed. It’s no longer on my horse, am I screwed?

You are good, the trapper will have the pelt and you'll still have what you need to go get the trinket crafted from the fence. The trinkets/talismans are pretty helpful so make sure you go get those crafted. 

https://www.shacknews.com/article/108291/all-talismans-and-trinkets-in-red-dead-redemption-2

I stole a train so I could do the marksman (?) challenge where you have to shoot 5 birds from a moving train. Was kinda a pain in the ###. Wondering if I could have bought a ticket, started shooting from the back / top, and finished it that way.

Next challenge: kills someone with a Tomahawk from 80 feet away. Tried this on a Monk that was sitting and praying on a ledge up in the mountains. He was an easy target. Problem: one shot didn't kill him. You must have to head shot them with a Tomahawk from 80 feet away. 

As an aside, not even sure while I am bothering with the challenge, but it's been fun.  

I stole a train so I could do the marksman (?) challenge where you have to shoot 5 birds from a moving train. Was kinda a pain in the ###. Wondering if I could have bought a ticket, started shooting from the back / top, and finished it that way.
You could buy a ticket, but as soon as you start shooting you'd become wanted and the guys in the train will come after you. 

You could try to Dead Eye 5 birds on your first try.  But I think stealing the train is the easiest. Get it up to full speed, step out of the engine and get your birds (speeding back up if needed to avoid lawmen).  Once you have 5, then just keep the train going until you're out of the county you have the bounty in, and go pay it off at the next stop.

Man, i'm not sure I can do it.  I usually wait until games get cheap ~$20 before I buy, and I have HZD and FO:4 in line that I need to play....  but i'm not sure I can hold off on getting this.  I just want to ride around and shoot stuff with a 6 gun too damn much...  life dilemmas.

Chilling in cinema mode while I travel across the border when I hear a cry for help.

I fumble the controls and accidently kill they guy with my horse.

a witness comes by, I kill him.

another wintess and I kill him

i take his hat and dump the guys into a bush 

I get on my horse and head across the border like ain’t nea nada

Next challenge: kills someone with a Tomahawk from 80 feet away. Tried this on a Monk that was sitting and praying on a ledge up in the mountains. He was an easy target. Problem: one shot didn't kill him. You must have to head shot them with a Tomahawk from 80 feet away. 
Just did this one.  Found an O'Driscoll camp and got into range that my rifle would lock on, but homing tomahawk wouldn't.  Then I just slowly worked forward until it gave me a red dot on him, and then let it go at his head.

You could buy a ticket, but as soon as you start shooting you'd become wanted and the guys in the train will come after you. 

You could try to Dead Eye 5 birds on your first try.  But I think stealing the train is the easiest. Get it up to full speed, step out of the engine and get your birds (speeding back up if needed to avoid lawmen).  Once you have 5, then just keep the train going until you're out of the county you have the bounty in, and go pay it off at the next stop.
Did all of this except paying the bounty. Screw that.

Minor complaint: a lot of the random encounters are triggered when you are too far away and the timer is too quick. I’ve had a bunch where the “intervene” option is only there for a split second, or not there at all. Every now and then, I like to rescue the damsel in distress instead of looting her corpse.

The Tick said:
Anyone get the special edition?  Is the additional single player content worth the $20?
I have heard not. But I did preorder early enough to get an extra treasure map and the war horse. 

I've spent a huge amount of time just riding around and hunting stuff.  Yesterday I made it to the woods on the far west of the map and did some boar hunting.  I just got a 3-star boar and was jogging out there to skin it when a cougar blasted out of the bushes and insta-killed me.  Just about jumped out of my chair -- was not expecting that and had not even seen a cougar before.  I plan to do some cougar hunting in the near future for the vest and eventually the final satchel.

Has anybody had success hunting iguanas?  I know you have to get to an island west of Rhodes to find them.  Is there a reliable boat anywhere?

The Tick said:
Anyone get the special edition?  Is the additional single player content worth the $20?
I would've said no, since I didn't do the treasure map and I don't think I did the robbery I was supposed to get.   But after playing the epilogue with the weak ### horse they give you there, the horse with the boosted speed/stamina alone might be worth the $20

This is a hard game to pick up agree 2 weeks off. I can’t remember where I was or what I was doing. 

I robbed a guy for some treasure map for some old gang’s gold bars. Do you have to use that stupid map they give you? Nothing showed up on my regular map. 

Is there a way to steady the camera when shooting? My son got the remote and I swear he changed something. I can’t even get focused. Seems like the camera is swinging eberywhere now. 

Is there a way to steady the camera when shooting? My son got the remote and I swear he changed something. I can’t even get focused. Seems like the camera is swinging eberywhere now. 

It's possible he thought it wasn't responsive enough and turned the aim sensitivity way up, and it's registering every twitch now. 

It's possible he thought it wasn't responsive enough and turned the aim sensitivity way up, and it's registering every twitch now. 
Oh yea he’s one lol. I set it down to go get him a bottle and when I came back he was jamming everything up. 

IvanKaramazov said:
I've spent a huge amount of time just riding around and hunting stuff.  Yesterday I made it to the woods on the far west of the map and did some boar hunting.  I just got a 3-star boar and was jogging out there to skin it when a cougar blasted out of the bushes and insta-killed me.  Just about jumped out of my chair -- was not expecting that and had not even seen a cougar before.  I plan to do some cougar hunting in the near future for the vest and eventually the final satchel.

Has anybody had success hunting iguanas?  I know you have to get to an island west of Rhodes to find them.  Is there a reliable boat anywhere?
Iguanas are easy to hunt once you get to the island. Just wander along the shore of the lake until you find an unoccupied canoe. They spawn randomly.

Or you could shoot someone in a canoe in the head and then swim out and climb in (same button as boarding a wagon or horse).

I tried swimming there the first time and drowned just short of making it. Not sure if my stamina had maxed by then or not.

Capella said:
This is a hard game to pick up agree 2 weeks off. I can’t remember where I was or what I was doing. 

I robbed a guy for some treasure map for some old gang’s gold bars. Do you have to use that stupid map they give you? Nothing showed up on my regular map. 
There's nothing in game that will guide you to the spot. Just have to look at the map and keep an eye open for matching areas.

Or, google it.  But I have found a number of them on my own.

On that subject, I had tried to limit how much stuff I look up. But I'm to the point I'm starting to look stuff up now. Their directions can be so horrible.  Especially the home robberies. When they say "north of town X", I would have found it faster if I'd just gone to the far north side of the map and then backtracked than I would starting from the town and searching north.  If someone tells me "north of Houston" I think Dallas. I don't think Minneapolis, though technically yes it also is north of Houston.

I just threw a Molotov into a Klan meeting.

So satisfying :lol:
Go back a Page or two and see what I did. I threw a boom boom stick at them all lotted their bodies and threw them all next to the burning cross. Then I put the horses up close to the fire either side and had a nice Bake 

And to add -  my one "complaint".

So I set a way point.

Get on the trail start galloping and put it into cinematic mode.  Don't need to do anything right?  

So I'm just sitting there watching not controlling anything when WHAM i horse runs over a guy,  Now the law is after me.  By the time I realize it I'm getting shot up.

If I'm crusing in cinema mode mayb some stuff should be "off"

:lmao:
Just so you know Cinema mode makes the game longer it doesn't shorten anything. 

One other thing to mention: I think this game has the overall best soundscape of any game I've played.  The way you can hear old forest trees creaking against the wind -- to pick just one example -- is sensational.  You can pretty much tell what animals are in the area just by listening after a while.  

One other thing to mention: I think this game has the overall best soundscape of any game I've played.  The way you can hear old forest trees creaking against the wind -- to pick just one example -- is sensational.  You can pretty much tell what animals are in the area just by listening after a while.  
I play a lot with headphones on and it’s like being outside. 

Can’t kill Lindsay Wofford’s entire crew. Keep shooting him but can’t get to the body. 
Is this the one with the fort and mini gun? His body falls down into the “tower” but you can climb down, pick him up and there’s a small gap you can walk through to get out of the structure. 

Can someone explain DeadEye exactly.

So I  press R3 to get into Dead Eye-  I move the  crosshair over the target and hit RB - it puts little Red X's on the guys.

Do I then hit RT or do I exit out of dead eye before pressing trigger?

Users who are viewing this thread