Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
STEADYMOBBIN 22

***OFFICIAL Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread***aka AHRN'S MURDER HOBO ADVENTURE: HUNTS ELK AND PLAYS POKER

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

Finally got my fishing pole. Fishing is fun. Curious if that mini game scales up as you go.

I can expound if you wish

I won't go into much detail but there is sidequests that will .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For horse struggling people.  You actually don't even need to hold the button.   Tap A/X a couple times, he'll gallop for a while, when he slows just do it again.   

Reached chapter 3 last night.   Was way up North for a side quest.

Snapped a pic to try my new xbox.

Nothing special was just trying out the Capture stuff

https://imgur.com/EpDhWGT

I'm way into this stupid game.  And I'm not a RPG guy as many know.

:)

Edited by belljr
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a good turkey carcass, not skinned yet, to sell to the butcher in Rhodes.  It was worth $1.32.

Cancelled and skinned it, yielding 2 game bird meats and 2 feathers.  Sold again, the now-skinned carcass was worth $0.66, or 50%.  But the meat was worth 2 x $0.44 = $0.88.  So the meat and skinned carcass alone were worth more than the unskinned carcass, not even counting the feathers yet.

So at least in this case, it paid to skin before selling.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was riding Big Sexy on a path minding my own business, when some jackass decided to cut me off on his steed head first. I went flying off of Big Sexy and instead of calling GEICO, the jackass started shooting at me. So I did the only thing I could do and murder him. Then I turned around and noticed Big Sexy was injured so I had to revive him. While reviving him a witness saw the carnage and decided to call the law on me. I tried to kill the witness before the paddywagon arrived but it was too late. In a rage because I couldn't revive Big Sexy I decided to take matters into my own hand and killed all the law enforcement. Damn stupid drivers. #HorseLivesMatter

  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:
9 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

I think this is where the great divide on this game comes from. Do you want a great cinematic experience, or do you want a game?  I’m not sure it’s both. 

I think this is a bit hyperbolic. There’s plenty of game.

Yea, saying the divide is between wanting a great cinematic experience or a game is a bit much. There's tons of stuff to do. 

For many other titles, I wouldn't like the travel aspect. For this game, it kind of fits. In a way, it reminds me of Morrowind, where fast travel was via mages guild or silt-strider. No on-demand teleport.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The train and stage coach fast travel is ok.

Not a fan how they handled the actual fast travel once it's unlocked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I never trust reviews for "big" titles.  You mentioned GTA4 in another post, and that was the game that taught me that reviews are bunk.  GTA4 was okay, but it was like a 7/10 or maybe 8/10,  not anything like the reviews made it out to be.

Personally, I am really enjoying RDR2 and it's probably going to be my personal GOTY.  The slow pacing works for me in this particular title.  But the controls are just indefensibly bad and there are too many poorly-explained or poorly-implemented in-game systems (like the draw mechanic) that really should have been called out by honest reviewers. 

This I agree with. I really like the game, but you have to be super careful with button presses. I learned this after trying to get on my horse with Y, but instead started wrestling a passerby because "grapple" is also mapped to that button, and then having my buddies come out of the saloon and shoot him, which brought the law out... that was a mess.

So yea, don't hit Y if you are facing anyone, and don't hit LT to speak with someone until the game tells you to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

I think this is a bit hyperbolic. There’s plenty of game.

I mean maybe a little bit, but I think it far more closely resembles an interactive story than a game. The missions at this point for me are travel from A to B, talk to someone, travel back. The last mission I did was take a carriage to town.  From there I was told to go into the store and buy coffee.  From there I punched a guy who was talking to the whore (this required hitting B once). The final piece was riding my horse until a guy rode to a cliff.  It wasn’t exactly brimming with excitement. 

Maybe this type of game as just passed me by, but I think there’s some level of people being too enamored with the shiny stuff to see past that to the fact that the core of the game is weak.  I like single player games, but maybe I’m just over the sandbox games that say “make your own fun” because I’d rather the game create the fun itself.  Im going to keep playing, but it feels like a chore at this point.  

And again, I totally see the quality that’s laid out with the graphics, voice acting, and feel. That stuff is amazing, probably surpassing anything we’ve ever seen.  It feels like it belongs on a movie screen, just maybe in more ways than I would expect from a game. 

Edited by bigmarc27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I mean maybe a little bit, but I think it far more closely resembles an interactive story than a game. The missions at this point for me are travel from A to B, talk to someone, travel back. The last mission I did was take a carriage to town.  From there I was told to go into the store and buy coffee.  From there I punched a guy who was talking to the whore (this required hitting B once). The final piece was riding my horse until a guy rode to a cliff.  It wasn’t exactly brimming with excitement. 

Maybe this type of game as just passed me by, but I think there’s some level of people being too enamored with the shiny stuff to see past that to the fact that the core of the game is weak.  I like single player games, but maybe I’m just over the sandbox games that say “make your own fun” because I’d rather the game create the fun itself.  Im going to keep playing, but it feels like a chore at this point.  

 And again, I totally see the quality that’s laid out with the graphics, voice acting, and feel. That stuff is amazing, probably surpassing anything we’ve ever seen.  It feels like it belongs on a movie screen, just maybe in more ways than I would expect from a game. 

Keep in mind, the mission you're talking about is essentially the game's version of tutorial missions. It's there to teach you how the stores work and where the stores are in the starting area.  It picks up once you get the basic tutorials out of the way and start running into more of the "real" missions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually enjoyed kicking that guy clean off the cliff. 

 

Don’t start no #### and there won’t be no ####. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capella said:

I actually enjoyed kicking that guy clean off the cliff. 

 

Don’t start no #### and there won’t be no ####. 

I just let him fall.  I was hoping that would get the desired outcome without getting a negative karma point, but not saving him is equal to killing him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I mean maybe a little bit, but I think it far more closely resembles an interactive story than a game. The missions at this point for me are travel from A to B, talk to someone, travel back. The last mission I did was take a carriage to town.  From there I was told to go into the store and buy coffee.  From there I punched a guy who was talking to the whore (this required hitting B once). The final piece was riding my horse until a guy rode to a cliff.  It wasn’t exactly brimming with excitement. 

Maybe this type of game as just passed me by, but I think there’s some level of people being too enamored with the shiny stuff to see past that to the fact that the core of the game is weak.  I like single player games, but maybe I’m just over the sandbox games that say “make your own fun” because I’d rather the game create the fun itself.  Im going to keep playing, but it feels like a chore at this point.  

And again, I totally see the quality that’s laid out with the graphics, voice acting, and feel. That stuff is amazing, probably surpassing anything we’ve ever seen.  It feels like it belongs on a movie screen, just maybe in more ways than I would expect from a game. 

Shortly after this mission is when things really pick up.  Hang in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I just let him fall.  I was hoping that would get the desired outcome without getting a negative karma point, but not saving him is equal to killing him. 

I actually saved that guy. I was trying to play as an honorable man but if I had known how many innocent people I would've killed just by accidentally pressing the wrong button due to the stupid controls I would've kicked his ### off the cliff as well.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

I mean maybe a little bit, but I think it far more closely resembles an interactive story than a game. The missions at this point for me are travel from A to B, talk to someone, travel back. The last mission I did was take a carriage to town.  From there I was told to go into the store and buy coffee.  From there I punched a guy who was talking to the whore (this required hitting B once). The final piece was riding my horse until a guy rode to a cliff.  It wasn’t exactly brimming with excitement. 

Maybe this type of game as just passed me by, but I think there’s some level of people being too enamored with the shiny stuff to see past that to the fact that the core of the game is weak.  I like single player games, but maybe I’m just over the sandbox games that say “make your own fun” because I’d rather the game create the fun itself.  Im going to keep playing, but it feels like a chore at this point.  

And again, I totally see the quality that’s laid out with the graphics, voice acting, and feel. That stuff is amazing, probably surpassing anything we’ve ever seen.  It feels like it belongs on a movie screen, just maybe in more ways than I would expect from a game. 

Here's what I did last night:

- Broke into a heavily guarded refinery to steal an oil wagon for use in a later mission. The mission required stealth. I used a combo of my hunting knife and the throwing knives to get the job done. I died the first time, because I wasn't cautious enough. Once the alarm sounded, I had at least a dozen armed guards shooting and chasing me. The combo of stealth and then a chase was quiet fun. This mission felt like a GTA "heist" setup. I hope they went this route and created heists. 

- I learned how to fish while getting a bit more story.

- I stole a stage coach and sold it to a fence. 

- I did a few of loanshark missions, went on a treasure hunt, explored the outskirts of Stawberry a bit more. 

- Got bushwacked by a sizable pack of O'Driscolls and died. It was quite a firefight. 

- Got chased and hid from bounty hunters a few times.

I played about 2 hours. 

:shrug:

Edited by JerseyToughGuys
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It had been a pretty dry spell of new games for both me and the seed until about a month ago... but now with Holiday game flood opening up and my son's birthday just passing, THINGS ARE HEATING UP.  DC Villains and Plants /Zombies 2 for the boy,; Forza Horiz 4 for both of us;  RDR2, and soon Fallout76 for me.    I plugged in / formatted a new external drive for storage on the XB1 last night.    Installed this beast.  90GB, good god. 

 

But, this games rules so far.   I played for about 4h last night and plowed through 3 or 4 quests.    

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

Here's what I did last night:

- Broke into a heavily guarded refinery to steal an oil wagon for use in a later mission. The mission required stealth. I used a combo of my hunting knife and the throwing knives to get the job done. I died the first time, because I wasn't cautious enough. Once the alarm sounded, I had at least a dozen armed guards shooting and chasing me. The combo of stealth and then a chase was quiet fun. This mission felt like a GTA "heist" setup. I hope they went this route and created heists. 

- I learned how to fish while getting a bit more story.

- I stole a stage coach and sold it to a fence. 

- I did a few of loanshark missions, went on a treasure hunt, explored the outskirts of Stawberry a bit more. 

- Got bushwacked by a sizable pack of O'Driscolls and died. It was quite a firefight. 

- Got chased and hid from bounty hunters a few times.

I played about 2 hours. 

:shrug:

re oil wagon mission 

I just stopped at the back gate.  Waited for the guard to walk away - jumped on and waltzed out

:lol: 

They did start shooting me when I had to make a u-turn though.    My stupid horse stayed there after that mission though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to take a night off of the game last night.  Just needed to get a good night's sleep.  Being old and a responsible adult sucks.  

Was doing some reading online and evidently I need to do the gunslinger cards (skipped them for some reason).  Also haven't done the treasure map from preorder and a million other things...  I'm still in Chapter 2 but I feel like I'm backlogged on things to do in the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

played about 7-8 hours yesterday, time just fly's by.  First things first I need to unlock fast travel asap, looks like I'm at the point in the game where I can get to it.  Anyone know an easy way to get the cash to do so?

 

I'm basing my game off the man in black from westworld :bowtie:.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was confused how someone, even understandably frustrated by design decisions and a pace thay doesn't work for them, could play this game and say it's more of an interactive story--I would reserve that for experiences that I even hesitate to call games like Telltale titles and maybe even something like L.A. Noir. This is nothing like that imo. 

But it makes sense if you're still doing the tutorial quests, @bigmarc27. The game is holding your hand while you learn the systems in a pretty linear way. But even now you're at a point where you can split off on your own and find tons of dynamic random encounters on the road/in the wilderness. Plus everything else in the game that I expect will take up most players' non-quest time (gambling, hunting, shopping, crafting, robbing folks, Stranger tasks, breaking wild horses, hunting bounties, etc.)

To me this game is diametrically opposed to something like Far Cry 4--which was undoubtedly a joy to play in spurts but was essentially just a list of stuff to do and collect while shooting stuff in-between, and you checked that stuff off in each area as you went. There was a ton to do, it could be fun in a very gamey way, but it was a pretty sterile experience imo despite being a constant go-go-go action extravaganza with great controls and technically a lot to do. 

Two different ways to approach an open world shooter, but so far I'm much preferring the atmosphere and immersiveness of RDR2, even if there are some things I'd change with the controls. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, belljr said:

re oil wagon mission 

 

  Hide contents

I just stopped at the back gate.  Waited for the guard to walk away - jumped on and waltzed out

:lol: 

They did start shooting me when I had to make a u-turn though.    My stupid horse stayed there after that mission though.  

 

I kinda did this on my second try because I respawned on that side. It was a lot easier. 

I do think stealth is a vast improvement in this version. I hope they use it more (without overdoing it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Had to take a night off of the game last night.  Just needed to get a good night's sleep.  Being old and a responsible adult sucks.  

Was doing some reading online and evidently I need to do the gunslinger cards (skipped them for some reason).  Also haven't done the treasure map from preorder and a million other things...  I'm still in Chapter 2 but I feel like I'm backlogged on things to do in the game.  

Which one is this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 10:52 PM, JerseyToughGuys said:

Pro tip: don’t forget to loot the saddle bags of anyone you murder. Handsome rewards.

anyone do this yet?

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

Which one is this? 

Map is supposed to be in the jail cell of the burned Sheriff's office just west of the first camp. If you don't get the map then you didn't get the preorder bonus but there is still something valuable there. Evidently the map isn't very revealing, so may need to google where the treasure is located.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

anyone do this yet?

:popcorn:

I tried last time I played, but I had murdered the guy because he was a witness.  Then the law came up on me so I hopped on the dead guy's horse to get away and it was slow/skittish and the horse and I both ended up dead.  It was enjoyable.  

Has anyone figured out a good way to keep the horse running fast and shoot behind you?  Or shooting at all?  There's a mission that involves riding fast and shooting forward and I struggled with that as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

anyone do this yet?

:popcorn:

Lmao.  Yes 3 out 4 successful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

 

  Hide contents

Map is supposed to be in the jail cell of the burned Sheriff's office just west of the first camp. If you don't get the map then you didn't get the preorder bonus but there is still something valuable there. Evidently the map isn't very revealing, so may need to google where the treasure is located.

 

I preordered, so it would be a bummer not to get this. Does it automatically appear in inventory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, belljr said:

Lmao.  Yes 3 out 4 successful

 

You were able to loot the saddlebag without being on the receiving end of the "surprise." I tried it once very early in the game, kids and I were :lmao: when it happen. Immediately tried it again (SMART~!@~) and ended up DEAD.

 

Edited by JerseyToughGuys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

I preordered, so it would be a bummer not to get this. Does it automatically appear in inventory?

No, you have to find the map in the location I noted above.  If you did a digital order it should be there, physical copies have a code to enter then it should be there.  If it isn't there google should help you out.  Supposed to be about $1500 value.  Not insignificant.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:
On 10/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, JerseyToughGuys said:

Pro tip: don’t forget to loot the saddle bags of anyone you murder. Handsome rewards.

anyone do this yet?

Yes, but there's some missing details need addressin' there, pahdnah.

First, there are two saddlebags, one on each side, that can each be looted separately.

Second, if you bond with the horse to level 1 which opens up his horse inventory, then you probably won't be able to loot them anymore.  I was able to loot one saddlebag after the level 1 bond, but I think it was a glitch and I did it right after the bond message.

Third, and this is the most important part, the horse will kick you in the head and seriously injure you if he's not calm enough.  And there's no clear way I've found to know if he's calm enough. I've been kicked even when he was calm enough I could Pat him.  Two kicks can be close to fatal if you don't heal between first. After you loot the first, he will get upset again and trying to loot the second immediately will get you a boot to the head.  So you have to calm him again.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Has anyone figured out a good way to keep the horse running fast and shoot behind you?  Or shooting at all?  There's a mission that involves riding fast and shooting forward and I struggled with that as well.  

Just keep the run button pressed down, or keep spamming it if you've going full gallop.   Then it's the same as always, rotate the camera so your target pip will be close to them, and Left Trigger to auto-lock on and then fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GregR said:

Yes, but there's some missing details need addressin' there, pahdnah.

First, there are two saddlebags, one on each side, that can each be looted separately.

Second, if you bond with the horse to level 1 which opens up his horse inventory, then you probably won't be able to loot them anymore.  I was able to loot one saddlebag after the level 1 bond, but I think it was a glitch and I did it right after the bond message.

Third, and this is the most important part, the horse will kick you in the head and seriously injure you if he's not calm enough.  And there's no clear way I've found to know if he's calm enough. I've been kicked even when he was calm enough I could Pat him.  Two kicks can be close to fatal if you don't heal between first. After you loot the first, he will get upset again and trying to loot the second immediately will get you a boot to the head.  So you have to calm him again.

 

And you're doing all this while trying not to be seen by the law or witnesses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Poke_4_Life said:

And you're doing all this while trying not to be seen by the law or witnesses.  

Nah.  Calm the horse enough you can mount him, and then ride him away.  Dismount somewhere safe and calm a bit more and then try the first saddlebag.   If you get it, calm some more and try the second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shadyridr said:

In Horizon Zero Dawn, you fight robot dinosaurs with precision dodging and rolling techniques while firing off perfect arrows knocking off components.

In God of War, you fight countless enemies while being able to throw an ax and call it back to your hand and switch back and forth between numerous weapons and attacks seamlessly.

In Spiderman, you can swing through the city like an actual ### #### superhero at break neck speeds pulling off numerous moves and jumping right into combat at the flick of a button.

In RDR2, it takes me two minutes to hitch my horse because my controller wasn't pointed in the proper position while Arthur climbs off and on the horse numerous times like its a weird Fortnite dance.

:goodposting: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I tried last time I played, but I had murdered the guy because he was a witness.  Then the law came up on me so I hopped on the dead guy's horse to get away and it was slow/skittish and the horse and I both ended up dead.  It was enjoyable.  

Has anyone figured out a good way to keep the horse running fast and shoot behind you?  Or shooting at all?  There's a mission that involves riding fast and shooting forward and I struggled with that as well.  

Press right stick down to look behind you.

39 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You were able to loot the saddlebag without being on the receiving end of the "surprise." I tried it once very early in the game, kids and I were :lmao: when it happen. Immediately tried it again (SMART~!@~) and ended up DEAD.

 

LOL  

First horse kicked the #### out of me.  2nd and third were tied to post.  I walked slowly. PAtted. Then looted.   4th was loose and I was able to slowly walk and pat.  Then loot.

5th was running wild and I couldn't pat so I bailed :lmao:

I also broke a wild horse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

anyone do this yet?

:popcorn:

I tried looting the saddle bag of a horse in a barn. The damn horse kicked me across the barn. Then I tried again and was able to loot some gold.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shadyridr said:

In RDR2, it takes me two minutes to hitch my horse because my controller wasn't pointed in the proper position while Arthur climbs off and on the horse numerous times like its a weird Fortnite dance.

You can hitch your horse anywhere.  To a tree, the ground, anywhere.  Just hold down triangle (not sure the button on XBone).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

I kinda did this on my second try because I respawned on that side. It was a lot easier. 

I do think stealth is a vast improvement in this version. I hope they use it more (without overdoing it).

Just be careful.  My son did this mission and died a few times when the guards shot the oil wagon and it blew up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

First things first I need to unlock fast travel asap, looks like I'm at the point in the game where I can get to it.  Anyone know an easy way to get the cash to do so?

 

Easy way to get $500 early on:

There's a small burned down town southwest of Valentine. The sheriff office has a loot box on the floor with a gold bar in it. Has to be sold to a fence, though. I've heard there are more of them but this is the only one I've come across.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word to the wise... when attacking enemy campsites, try to avoid shooting the kerosene lanterns.  While the thought of flaming oil splattering all over the bad guys seems brilliant, the reality is that their corpses burn, and the fire spreads across the grass to tents, tables, etc, and all of the otherwise lootable items get scorched and become worthless.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it was interesting today catching up with everyone's opinions on the game. I played for 4 days straight at a disturbing rate and obviously was enjoying it for the most part. However, I do agree with much of the criticism I've see here. I was thinking this whole time that maybe I just got old and now suck at video games, so it's nice to see that I'm not alone in my difficulties with the controls and mechanics.

But I think the biggest issue I have with the game is that it fights with itself on the realism aspect. This is a game that wants you to slow down, get lost in exploration and immersion, and occasionally stop to smell the roses. I get that. But then it makes it hard to do that stuff with all the tedious maintenance you need to do. They want to you to presumably take your time at camp to chat and interact with your fellow gang members, but make it so you move the speed of a turtle. In my case it just makes me want to get the hell out of the camp and get away from the frustration.

I'd also like to do the camp chores for the dead eye XP and honor points, but I know that if I do that I'll suddenly be at a disadvantage when trying to accomplish something later because of the need to hunt for food, cook food, eat food, get horse supplies, feed horse, brush horse, take a bath, sleep, etc. That day/night cycle just zooms by way too fast for what the developers want you to accomplish. Many times I've skipped random chance encounters because time is always against me, and I know if I get sidetracked I'll never accomplish my original goal for the day. Just playing poker in real time shows how jacked the timescale is. You can start during the day, play several hands, and suddenly it's already 4 a.m.

TLDR: Rockstar wants us to pack a whole checklist of maintenance items (many of them with extended animations) into an incredibly tight window. I don't mind them making realism their goal, but don't overwhelm me by expecting a full day of realism in a super short video game day. It's not fun having to constantly maintain Arthur and the horse at the expense of actually playing the game. Hey devs, adjust the timescale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not doing any of that ####. I’m not doing any chores, I’m not brushing the stupid horse and I’m not stopping to cook. I’ll eat some beans. If that costs me a little something later than so be it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same here, not doing any of that crap, I just don't have the patience or care.    I do miss the previous red dead where if you shot an animal you could stand over it with your horse and skin it and skip the dumb/time consuming cut scene.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my .02- as a guy who HATES this stuff.   it takes 30 seconds to eat some food.

Or go to a saloon and buy a meal if close.

Brushing a horse is 2 seconds and you can feed it while riding.

I get where you are coming from but what it does is if you are underweight or your core drops you take damage faster.

I really don't spend much time at camp except when I have to go back there.  :shrug:

I guess I dont find it as tedious as others.

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Capella said:

I’m not doing any of that ####. I’m not doing any chores, I’m not brushing the stupid horse and I’m not stopping to cook. I’ll eat some beans. If that costs me a little something later than so be it. 

Yeah me neither. I doubt there will be too much of a detriment. I plan on doing all the missions and side missions I can and some hunting and that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, belljr said:

my .02- as a guy who HATES this stuff.   it takes 30 seconds to eat some food.

Or go to a saloon and buy a meal if close.

Brushing a horse is 2 seconds and you can feed it while riding.

I get where you are coming from but what it does is if you are underweight or your core drops you take damage faster.

I really don't spend much time at camp except when I have to go back there.  :shrug:

I guess I dont find it as tedious as others.

You can also eat while riding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

You can also eat while riding. 

TWSS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GregR said:

Word to the wise... when attacking enemy campsites, try to avoid shooting the kerosene lanterns.  While the thought of flaming oil splattering all over the bad guys seems brilliant, the reality is that their corpses burn, and the fire spreads across the grass to tents, tables, etc, and all of the otherwise lootable items get scorched and become worthless.

Okay, but the problem with your strategy is that it doesn't result in my enemies being set ablaze.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

You can hitch your horse anywhere.  To a tree, the ground, anywhere.  Just hold down triangle (not sure the button on XBone).  

I have had no issues hitching my horse. And yes...you can hitch them anywhere.

I have maxed out my levels with my first horse (I call him Bourbon) and the entire process and relationship you build with your horse is an amazing aspect of this game. 

BTW still on chapter 2 and I have yet to find/buy a horse brush. Need to get one of those. I have manged to ride him through shallow waters to clean him....but want ta brush too.

Also if you find that burned out town just west of your first camp...not only if you pre-ordered will you find the treasure map but:

 

In the sheriff's office behind his desk is a lock box with a bar of gold folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Todem said:

BTW still on chapter 2 and I have yet to find/buy a horse brush. Need to get one of those. I have manged to ride him through shallow waters to clean him....but want ta brush too.

You got a horse brush for free from the stable with your first horse.  Just use left trigger standing next to your horse and it should be an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.