What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft- Keke Coutee, WR, Houston (2 Viewers)

Texans WRs coach John Perry said he is "really excited about" rookie Keke Coutee.

Coutee has yet to play this season because of a hamstring injury, but he was able to practice on a limited basis Wednesday and seems likely to debut this week. "It's important he's getting ready for his first NFL experience," Perry said. "Very strong hands, very explosive, which will add more dimensions to our offense." With Bruce Ellington on injured reserve, Coutee should step in as the No. 3 receiver. Sep 27 - 1:09 PM

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

This kid caught everything in preseason. Shame hammy slowed him but now injury bug looks to be in his favor. That said, how much can we realistically expect the Houston slot wr to produce?

This kid caught everything in preseason. Shame hammy slowed him but now injury bug looks to be in his favor. That said, how much can we realistically expect the Houston slot wr to produce?
Agreed, but Fulller run's too fast for his hamstrings, they have not TE per say...I can tell a story where this can happen...which make him worth a stash...

Keke Coutee (hamstring) will make his debut in Week 4.

Coutee was removed from the injury report after sitting the last three weeks. With Bruce Ellington on IR, he's going to step right in as Houston's slot receiver. Coutee should see the 60 percent of snaps Vyncint Smith played in Week 3.

Source: Deepi Sidhu on Twitter 

Sep 28 - 7:04 PM

Even with Fuller back in the lineup next week this kid is gonna get on the field a whole lot more now. 
Thrilled to have him in PPR. Exciting usage in debut. And he looks like a seasoned pro out there. Had bad drop early but otherwise looked very sharp. 

Promising dynasty asset that looks like could have rookie year returns. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He was dropped in my dynasty league week 2. Guys are usually very patient in this league so this was a surprise. I started Gordon over him this week.  :X

Bloom has been effusive in his praise for this kid, so i can’t wait to see him in action. 
Wow, Bloom mentioning this young man in every preseason team watch podcast (32 times) was funny, but I guess he was right. Looms like the perfect match for Watson.

Wish I read this thread earlier.  Very nice game and could continue.  Didn't get taken in many of my leagues this week.

Wish I read this thread earlier.  Very nice game and could continue.  Didn't get taken in many of my leagues this week.
Curious what he'll go for in PPR FAAB in dynasty. If I hadn't of grabbed him off the wire I'd probably go all in.

I didn't think he was much better than Bruce Ellington, who had lots of juice but never the opportunity/was hurt. I'll have to see the tape but 11/109 is nothing to sneeze at. With Fuller probably out a few weeks I can see putting some decent FAAB change on Coutee.

I didn't think he was much better than Bruce Ellington, who had lots of juice but never the opportunity/was hurt. I'll have to see the tape but 11/109 is nothing to sneeze at. With Fuller probably out a few weeks I can see putting some decent FAAB change on Coutee.
Starting him in flex and chasing points next week. :)

Honestly though he did not look like a dude playing in his first NFL. Very smooth in and out of his breaks. Clean catches. Outside his one early jitters drop, you gotta give him an A. And he'll never be drawing any kind of attention in coverage with Hopkins out there. Not sure who they will start on other side assuming Keke stays in slot.

I watched a ton of this game (Watson & Fuller) and the guy was just open all over the field. With Fuller's hammy tweak, this guy may be worth the cuff and perhaps stand alone value either way.

I watched a ton of this game (Watson & Fuller) and the guy was just open all over the field. With Fuller's hammy tweak, this guy may be worth the cuff and perhaps stand alone value either way.
Coutee is legit. Excellent slot receiver and he is going to be open a lot. Outside of Hopkins they don't have anything else.

Another guy I meant to draft and got too drunk and forgot about  :unsure:  Hard to pace yourself for 34 rounds. Now I’m tempted to try and trade for his keeper rights for next year but I have a feeling the owner is gonna want absurd return on this performance. 

Good route runner, shifty and good hands, with a QB who in college who threw a lot to the slot WR, on a team with a poor defence and no TE. Fair points about how he's behind Hopkins and Fuller, but as good as Fuller is he seems to always be bothered by some soft tissue problem, and lo and behold he is dealing with an injury coming out of the Week 4 game. 

While I wouldn't be expecting 15 targets each week, I think there's a really solid case to take a shot on Coutee in PPR leagues.

I'm planning on dropping J. Crowder  to pick up  Keke in my dynasty league that has pretty small benches. Don't know how much I'll have to bid to take him, hoping 25% of my annual budget will do the trick.

He was dropped in my dynasty league week 2. Guys are usually very patient in this league so this was a surprise. I started Gordon over him this week.  :X
He was dropped in mine as well.  I was surprised.  I’m trying to figure out how much to spend to get him.  

Cranjis said:
According to Yahoo, Colts were 2nd toughest defense in the NFL in WR scoring going into Week 4. 
Lol they faced crowder, agholor and garbage weeks 2 and 3. Aj green torched them week 1. Go beyond the numbers guys. Colts are still a BAD defense. 

Traded up a bit in a dynasty rookie draft, took him before he was mocked at going, I just like the offense, and with no running game, and 2 outside weapons, he could get some looks.  Not sure if yesterday was an accurate of coming weeks, Colts D is soft, but so far I like what I see.

Our rosters are huge, so there is no dropping him off my roster.

Considering that Fuller simply cannot stay healthy I think Coutee could be a real impact player in this offense. If he is on your ww I’d pick him up as soon as I could

It's really sad because Ellington would've beasted if he had this opportunity, but it goes to Keke and Fuller should miss at LEAST 2 weeks. With Watson ignoring the TE and RBs out of the backfield It's not out of the realm of possibility he could be looking at 8-10 targets next week, even against a tougher Dallas secondary.

If he's on waivers in your leagues, how hard are you guys going after him?  #1 waiver priority worthy?  Huge chunk of FAAB$ worthy?

Coutee is legit. Excellent slot receiver and he is going to be open a lot. Outside of Hopkins they don't have anything else.
Yeah guess fullers 17-263-3 is basically nothing. But yes fuller is possibly hurt again at the moment so would agree without him then it is just Hopkins 

Users who are viewing this thread