Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Cranjis

Dynasty & Redraft- Keke Coutee, WR, Houston

Recommended Posts

On 10/26/2018 at 3:11 PM, ahartig said:

IMO, Keke is a WR2 moving forward. 

 

 I believe this may be the case.

 I am considering dropping Calvin Ridley for Coutee in one league.

Not so much that I don't like Ridley and his TD upside, but its looking more and more like he is a boom or bust type guy at this point in his career. (with his arrow pointing straight up as he gets more targets and as Julio ages) Judging from what I see in the few Atlanta games I've watched,  it seems to be Ryan looking for Julio, then "pick your poison" as a second read. Sanu, Hall, Ridley, Hooper, any RB, and who knows what may be found on his second or later reads and targets.

 With Fuller now gone for the season, I think Coutee might be a more stable producer at WR every week, although I don't know he has the TD upside that Ridley does.

 The leagues I play in, are start 3 WRS, and realistically either would be a bye week fill-in as I'm loaded at WR. I would guess either Coutee and Ridley are fine WR3s, but if Coutee can get healthy one would think he will have a bit more volume on a weekly basis.

 Maybe some Texan homers or guys that watch their games more closely could elaborate.

 

 TZM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

although I don't know he has the TD upside that Ridley does

I wouldn’t be so sure. In the games i have watched with keke in a starting role, they had designed end around run plays for him at the goal line. He scored on one against the bills i believe. 

Edited by ahartig
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ahartig said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. In the games i have watched with keke in a starting role, they had designed end around run plays for him at the goal line. He scored on one against the bills i believe. 

I know they injected a few Percy Harvin-esque end arounds here and there.  I gotta think  the days where Ridley has 2+TDs are going to out number the 2+TDs games by Coutee though.

One thing I think I want to latch on to though, is the likely heavy usage of Coutee . Fuller was a key cog in that offense , and its just got to help Coutee's cause with him gone for the season.

I'm thinking a big PPR kind of guy, like Edelman with higher upside.

 The next 2 weeks should be good indicators I believe, but by then, it might be too late to acquire him. (My decision is a bit more tricky, I need a WR for NEXT WEEK and we don't even know if Coutee will be back by then,.  I'm top heavy with WRs there (Start 3 WRs, I have AJ GREEN, TYREEK HILL  and O'DELL BECKHAM JR.)  I drafted Green and Hill, but traded a desperate owner for OBJ.  I want to get Coutee, but I'm not sacrificing RB depth for a 5th WR.

 

 TZM

Edited by TZMarkie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 5:37 AM, Dr. Dan said:

How would someone compare Coutee to Godwin ROS? 

To compare: Godwin is a cutie and Coutee is a god who will win you your league. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp so much for that massive bump for Keke

Quote

Texans acquired WR Demaryius Thomas from the Broncos in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

 

The teams are also swapping seventh-rounders. That's not bad compensation for a 30-year-old in what's essentially a contract year. Thomas has been in steady decline since the Broncos' Super Bowl 2015 season, but he remains durable and reasonably effective. He will certainly be an upgrade for the Texans in three-receiver sets after they lost Will Fuller (knee) for the season. Thomas will also have a much improved quarterback situation. He should be a more bankable WR3 than he was with Case Keenum. His arrival puts a dent in Keke Coutee's WR3 outlook. Courtland Sutton, meanwhile, could flirt with WR2 value in Denver. Amazingly, the Texans are traveling to Denver for Week 9.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because everyone cares, I own Watson, Keke, and Sutton and I see a positive for all three with this trade. Like stated above, Thomas isn’t what he once was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ffweasel said:

Because everyone cares, I own Watson, Keke, and Sutton and I see a positive for all three with this trade. Like stated above, Thomas isn’t what he once was. 

(Dynasty) I've got them both (Coutee/Sutton) too and yesterday someone inquired about trading for one or the other. Both have high upside imo. Keke looks like a high target/reception guy from the slot regardless of who is outside. 

Edited by The Man With No Name
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keke does not get a bunp DT will be the number 2 and Keke will work alot and move around but now he's number 3 mouth to feed not the same as when he would of been undisputed number 2 Target plus hammy will continue giving him issues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, TZMarkie said:

 

 I believe this may be the case.

 I am considering dropping Calvin Ridley for Coutee in one league.

Not so much that I don't like Ridley and his TD upside, but its looking more and more like he is a boom or bust type guy at this point in his career. (with his arrow pointing straight up as he gets more targets and as Julio ages) Judging from what I see in the few Atlanta games I've watched,  it seems to be Ryan looking for Julio, then "pick your poison" as a second read. Sanu, Hall, Ridley, Hooper, any RB, and who knows what may be found on his second or later reads and targets.

 With Fuller now gone for the season, I think Coutee might be a more stable producer at WR every week, although I don't know he has the TD upside that Ridley does.

 The leagues I play in, are start 3 WRS, and realistically either would be a bye week fill-in as I'm loaded at WR. I would guess either Coutee and Ridley are fine WR3s, but if Coutee can get healthy one would think he will have a bit more volume on a weekly basis.

 Maybe some Texan homers or guys that watch their games more closely could elaborate.

 

 TZM

Crazy talk imo. You don't drop a player who could very easily win his owner the title. You might not start him because you think he's too risky but I sure wouldn't give him to another team.

I was offered a late 2nd for Keke in a league I'm building. He's on my taxi squad and I don't think I'll promote him. I don't think I'll take the offer but what value do you place on Keke in dynasty now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -OZ- said:

I was offered a late 2nd for Keke in a league I'm building. He's on my taxi squad and I don't think I'll promote him. I don't think I'll take the offer but what value do you place on Keke in dynasty now?

I think I'd want more than a late 2nd.  At least two 2nds, maybe just an early one.  He's been productive (when healthy), he's young and he plays with Watson.  Being on the field with Hopkins guarantees that he won't be up against the #1 DB.  Seems like a similar situation to Cooper Kupp, what's he worth today?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded him straight up for Lindsay a few weeks ago. I needed the RB help and the other owner needed WR help. Think both of us are happy. Incidentally Lindsay is my top scoring RB since so you can imagine the situation I was in lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I think I'd want more than a late 2nd.  At least two 2nds, maybe just an early one.  He's been productive (when healthy), he's young and he plays with Watson.  Being on the field with Hopkins guarantees that he won't be up against the #1 DB.  Seems like a similar situation to Cooper Kupp, what's he worth today?

I can see the kupp comp 

I'd give a mid first for kupp. Don't think Keke is there yet but the potential is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Crazy talk imo. You don't drop a player who could very easily win his owner the title. You might not start him because you think he's too risky but I sure wouldn't give him to another team.

I was offered a late 2nd for Keke in a league I'm building. He's on my taxi squad and I don't think I'll promote him. I don't think I'll take the offer but what value do you place on Keke in dynasty now?

 

I never dropped Calvin Ridley, and after the  trade maneuvers I'm glad I didn't.  I saw a path for a bigger floor from KeKe, but with the Demaryius Thomas acquisition, all KeKe bets are off.

I'm primarily a redraft kind of guy, though I have tinkered a bit in dynasty with a friends team.  Obviously, things are very different between redraft and dynasty.

I didn't see how long DT  will be tied to Houston, but that will affect KeKe's value in the coming years.

 (and as far as dropping Ridley is concerned, I have a bit of a unique team there. I am absolutely loaded at WR and RB even though I'm only 4-4) I have a brutal bye week issue this week, and my RBs and WRs look like this.  TYREEK HILL, AJ GREEN, ODELL BECKHAM JR., CALVIN RIDLEY, COURTLAND SUTTON / DAVID JOHNSON, LAMAR MILLER,LATAVIUS MURRAY,MARLON MACK, KENYAN DRAKE. You are probably wondering how I ended up with Hill, Green and OBJ. I drafted the first two and traded for OBJ to a desperately short at RB team.

Now realize this structure is different, its a non-flex, mandatory start 3 wrs .  Only 6 bench spots, and I'm certainly not dropping one of those RBs to hold Ridley. I had to pick up Sutton to cover all the byes this week, I will drop Sutton and keep Ridley most likely when the week ends. I ended up dropping Matt Breida to get Sutton.

 

TZM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Keke Coutee (hamstring) believes there's a "high possibility" he returns for Week 11 against the Redskins.

Coutee missed the final two games before the Texans' Week 10 bye. "I think Keke is trending upwards," coach Bill O’Brien said Monday. "I think Keke’s headed in the right direction." If Coutee is indeed back, he will be a WR4 as the Texans sort out the new target delineation between Coutee, DeAndre Hopkins and Demaryius Thomas.

Source: houstontexans.com 

Nov 13 - 1:41 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he plays, he does have a juicy matchup vs the 25th ranked Washington pass defense. He's a tempting flex play but I think I need to wait a week to see how it's going top play out with Demaryius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on him in non-PPR? I may need him as a bye-week fill-in next week if OJ Howard is out, and I'm thinking of dropping Godwin for him. Feels like he's a pretty high-floor, low-ceiling guy. Always the chance that Hopkins hogs all the targets, and we can't expect Thomas to get a donut every week. Still, he's produced pretty consistently when healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Thoughts on him in non-PPR? I may need him as a bye-week fill-in next week if OJ Howard is out, and I'm thinking of dropping Godwin for him. Feels like he's a pretty high-floor, low-ceiling guy. Always the chance that Hopkins hogs all the targets, and we can't expect Thomas to get a donut every week. Still, he's produced pretty consistently when healthy.

He had the most targets (9) yesterday in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, simey said:

He had the most targets (9) yesterday in the game.

He got hurt in the Buffalo game, right? Because if you throw that one out, he's played four full games this season, and gotten 15/7/5/9 targets. Small sample size, but definitely encouraging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Keke Coutee caught both of his targets for 14 yards in the Texans' Week 12 win over the Titans before he exited with a second-half hamstring injury.

Coutee had nine targets last week but was a total non-factor the entire night before pulling his hamstring again in the third quarter. He's been battling the hammy ever since getting drafted in April. Coutee again will be week to week heading into Week 13 against the Browns. Demaryius Thomas saw five targets and converted them into 4-38-2 behind DeAndre Hopkins. Coutee can be dropped in all formats, even without knowing the severity of his latest injury.

Lost season...

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another piece of glass that is a waste of roster space. Amazing that professional athletes that supposedly work our every day cant a void pulling muscles. This guy will be hurt ALL the time and will probably be out of the league by within year or 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Another piece of glass that is a waste of roster space. Amazing that professional athletes that supposedly work our every day cant a void pulling muscles. This guy will be hurt ALL the time and will probably be out of the league by within year or 2.

I doubt his hamstring was ever fully healed making it more vulnerable for reinjury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed him to get less then 4 points. Sad that it was because he reinjuried himself but happy as far as fantasy goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, irish eyes said:

Another piece of glass that is a waste of roster space. Amazing that professional athletes that supposedly work our every day cant a void pulling muscles. This guy will be hurt ALL the time and will probably be out of the league by within year or 2.

Really bad post.  You take the magic football way too serious.

Edited by Shawnky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man thinking about dropping him, but facing the NYJ and PHI in Week 15 and 16 is tempting. I have a Week 14 bye locked up...so have 2 weeks to regain confidence in him. Just not sure if I can trust him not to re-injure that hammy during the game again.

Thinking long and hard about dropping him or Sutton for David Moore.

Edited by Charlie Harper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Needed him to get less then 4 points. Sad that it was because he reinjuried himself but happy as far as fantasy goes

Makes me wonder if I was playing against you because  I needed him to get 3.95 points in a playoff game. He got 3.4 and I'm out. Still stewing about it today, low point of my fantasy season so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Makes me wonder if I was playing against you because  I needed him to get 3.95 points in a playoff game. He got 3.4 and I'm out. Still stewing about it today, low point of my fantasy season so far.

Was for playoffs in FBG players championship, wasn’t actually against my team but the team with Keke would have been a tougher matchup for the league title then the team that currently won as long as there isn’t a late stat correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Was for playoffs in FBG players championship, wasn’t actually against my team but the team with Keke would have been a tougher matchup for the league title then the team that currently won as long as there isn’t a late stat correction

Wow, it might be my league because the playoff game I lost was FBG players championship.  Chief Tazer?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, menobrown said:

Wow, it might be my league because the playoff game I lost was FBG players championship.  Chief Tazer?

Yup that’s me...that was definitely a bad loss but my co-owner and I really didn’t want to go against your team so we didn’t mind the outcome lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bfrahm3 said:

Yup that’s me...that was definitely a bad loss but my co-owner and I really didn’t want to go against your team so we didn’t mind the outcome lol

Small world, that one hurt me bad. Good luck next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Small world, that one hurt me bad. Good luck next week.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach Bill O'Brien said Keke Coutee (hamstring) will be a game-time decision Week 13 against the Browns.

Coutee isn't a fantasy option even if he does play in this one, but his availability could impact the outlook of Demaryius Thomas behind DeAndre Hopkins. Coutee has been limited in practice all week and is truly questionable.

Source: Deepi Sidhu on Twitter 

Nov 30 - 12:04 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Keke Coutee (questionable, hamstring) will work out pre-game to determine his status for Week 13 against the Browns.

Nothing has really changed with Coutee's status as coach Bill O'Brien said earlier in the week he'd be a game-time decision. The rookie has shown flashes when healthy, though persistent hamstring woes have limited him to just six games this season. Even if he suits up, Coutee won't be an enticing option for the final week of the fantasy regular season.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Dec 2 - 8:34 AM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Keke Coutee (hamstring) has a "shot" to play in Saturday's Wild Card game against the Colts.

Coutee has sat out the Texans' last five games with a chronic hamstring injury but appears to be making progress. "I think there’s a shot," said O'Brien when asked about the rookie's status. "We have to see how he looks in practice on a day-to-day basis, but there’s a shot there." With Will Fuller (ACL) and Demaryius Thomas (Achilles) both out for the season, the Texans could use another healthy body to pair with lead wideout DeAndre Hopkins. DeAndre Carter and Vyncint Smith have been working with Hopkins in three-wide sets.

Source: Houston Chronicle 

Jan 1 - 8:59 AM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Keke Coutee (hamstring) is practicing in full for the Wild Card Round.

It puts the rookie on track to return to his five-game absence. In theory, Coutee should slot in as the Texans' No. 2 wideout against the Colts, but it is possible he has simply missed too much time for that big of a role in such an important game.

Jan 1 - 5:23 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Keke Coutee caught 11-of-14 targets for 110 yards and a touchdown in the Texans' Wild Card loss to the Colts.

Returning from a five-game absence with a hamstring injury, Coutee immediately reprised his career best 11/109 NFL debut, which also came against the Colts. A vertical slot receiver with 4.43 speed, Coutee showed plenty of promise heading into 2019. The problem is that he was always banged up, constantly finding himself on the injury report with hamstring issues. Soft-tissue woes are not uncommon for young receivers. Still only 22 (in nine days), Coutee is an intriguing hold in Dynasty leagues.

Jan 5 - 7:52 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good way to end the year.  I’m glad to own him in dynasty. Maybe he can stay off the injury report next year and we can see what he can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.