What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft- Keke Coutee, WR, Houston (1 Viewer)

elshagon said:
Would you go after him over Dede Westbrook?  
I would. Better offense and I am convinced that Coutee will be the second option as Fuller will miss more games than he will play this season.

I have it set at 26% right now.  Ours dont run till tomorrow night so I'll probably change it 4 more times by then.  I'm leaning towards more not less.  

How much were you thinking?
I’m on Yahoo with old school waiver priority.  In dynasty, would you spend your #1 on him?  

I currently am.  I’m tempted to not and see if he slips through the cracks.  But every article and podcast are pumping him up. 

What’s his ceiling 2-3 years from now?  Not too many offenses are sustaining 3 regular fantasy contributers.

I’m on Yahoo with old school waiver priority.  In dynasty, would you spend your #1 on him?  

I currently am.  I’m tempted to not and see if he slips through the cracks.  But every article and podcast are pumping him up. 

What’s his ceiling 2-3 years from now?  Not too many offenses are sustaining 3 regular fantasy contributers.
I don't play any dynasty leagues, but I have to think he is worth more in there than in redraft.  He was touted all off season by Bloom and Waldman so I got to think the talent is there if he maintains opportunity.

Usually dynasty rosters are really deep so it doesn't seem like the 1 priority is as valuable as there should be less out there to ever pick up.  The dynasty guys can correct me if I am out of line.  I would probably take him.

As long as we're talking about a number that won't prohibit you from making reasonable moves the rest of the year, gotta go with the philosophy of being better to overpay for the guy you want than to fall a bit short because you're worried about widely overbidding. 

Might kick it up to $36 just to stunt hard on ‘em ... I think there’s some standalone value here in the slot with & without Fuller 

Might kick it up to $36 just to stunt hard on ‘em ... I think there’s some standalone value here in the slot with & without Fuller 
Definitely.  I’m thinking worst case he’s a high floor- low ceiling flex play for me in 0.5 PPR even with Fuller active.  

On the high end he could be a really elite slot guy that changes the character of the Houston’s offense.

Way Watson looked for this guy makes that a real possibility.

I’m up to $37 & prepared to hold there.  I just applied for a reverse mortgage in case my other bid for Chubb also wins ...

Allison is currently in the concussion protocol. Short bench and you need a guy this weekend I'd go Coutee. Long term Allison

Got him too. Next highest bid after my $29 was $19. Hopkins owner here

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed him last week (FCFS) in one league  :bowtie:

Other league is blind-bid, but it's a salary-cap league and you bid with your cap space (and the bid becomes his salary). So the higher I bid, the less likely I'll be able to keep him after this season.  OTOH, I'm missing Godwin, Robinson AND Hilton this week and he'd make a nice filler.  So I'm caught in the middle a bit.  There are other decent WW options to cover Hilton for a week or 2 (e.g., Chester Rogers, who'll presumably get a lot of his looks), so I'm leaning toward bidding an amount for Coutee where I'd be able to keep him for another year or 2.

So question is - if I’m looking to trade for his keeper rights do I strike now before his stock goes up or is it at a premium right now and give it a few weeks in case he has some low target games?

So question is - if I’m looking to trade for his keeper rights do I strike now before his stock goes up or is it at a premium right now and give it a few weeks in case he has some low target games?
If you don't need him to help your roster immediately, you're probably better served waiting. A healthy Fuller likely eats up more snaps and cuts into Keke's snaps & stats. Obviously a double edged sword... another huge game and he's very expensive. Based on what Houston has done so far this season, the safe money is that this game is the outlier.

Nailed in one league, in another league somebody spent a lot of their budget, which sounds way off, but in a sixteen-teamer, it was a fair and good bid, considering what is and what will become available sans trade. It's a good league, and picked over like Thanksgiving birds. 

But in my main league, got him for about 20%. Let's hope he pays off better than Keelan.  

If you don't need him to help your roster immediately, you're probably better served waiting. A healthy Fuller likely eats up more snaps and cuts into Keke's snaps & stats. Obviously a double edged sword... another huge game and he's very expensive. Based on what Houston has done so far this season, the safe money is that this game is the outlier.
I watch Houston and am in leagues with Houston homers. Why do you say this? Watson seems to be trending way up, as are attempts in the passing game and yards.  

I could be wrong, but this is what seems to be, anyway.  

eta* In watching Lamar Miller (who I roster), I cannot imagine a regression in attempts to be the case under O'Brien unless they plan on using Blue (not much better) as a feature back.

eta2* Watson's attempt are progressing as follows: 34, 32, 40, 42. Somebody needs those targets, and Miller isn't much out of the backfield. That said, watch for D'Onta Foreman coming back off of PUP or IR sometime in the next few weeks.  

I tend to agree. And this is for long term investment not short term need so I think the best course is def to wait. Thanks fellas. 

There is some risk in waiting, but Coutee's keeper value is very inflated at the moment. As a Coutee dynasty owner myself, I would happily move him at his current value.  If I am a buyer, however, I sit back and bide my time.  His value is almost certain to come back down, probably sooner rather than later.  

I got him for 10% in half PPR. For comparison, Taylor went for 10% and Westbrook went for 4%. I guess the value all depends on if Fuller misses time. 

I was very interested in a 2nd or 3rd receiving option in this offense because I felt like the writing was on the wall that Watson was going to regress from last season. He was going to need a target hog. I thought Fuller might be that, but he cant' stay healthy. With him out, who is going to catch these targets? 

I would be surprised if he got less than 9 targets while Fuller was out. 15 targets is possibly an outlier but maybe not... He could be a poor man's Landry. 
If Fuller is out, Coutee is definitely a good start (I'm starting him, either way but my WR core is rough). I thought Fuller was expected back... his health changes things, since Keke's numbers will likey stay up and his value will stay as a "buy high" which we obviously want to avoid whenever possible. If that's the case, it doesn't matter when you buy. 

I watch Houston and am in leagues with Houston homers. Why do you say this? Watson seems to be trending way up, as are attempts in the passing game and yards.  

I could be wrong, but this is what seems to be, anyway.  

eta* In watching Lamar Miller (who I roster), I cannot imagine a regression in attempts to be the case under O'Brien unless they plan on using Blue (not much better) as a feature back.
You know, you're right. They are increasing in passing week to week and the RB options are quite pedestrian. I was caught thinking about a team losing to bad teams and less about the far more relevant FF stat production. I'd like the second part of my remark stricken from the records, please. :D  

You know, you're right. They are increasing in passing week to week and the RB options are quite pedestrian. I was caught thinking about a team losing to bad teams and less about the far more relevant FF stat production. I'd like the second part of my remark stricken from the records, please. :D  
Heck, no sweat. I can do that.  Watch them come out and run Miller thirty times next week. :)

FYI he's gone for 40-60% in all my $300+ leagues. Be prepared to go big for him if you need/want him.
This makes sense given what I've seen and what this board says. Just adding a comment. He went for 60% of annual in a good free league of mine, on a bid that wasn't too reckless, actually. I bid $23 out of $46 left in another, so that would be 50%, though 23% of an annual budget, which is probably the standard usage for FAAB. 

Just for people whose waivers haven't run for whatever reason.  

I’m excited, hopefully SNF is a national debut party. He’s still under the radar in the press despite doing Anquan Bolden 2.0.

Users who are viewing this thread