What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft- Keke Coutee, WR, Houston (1 Viewer)

Game time decision. If he plays he’ll be in pain. Leaning playing Fuller over Coutee ... depends on what the talking heads at the games say shortly prior. 

Keke Coutee (questionable, hamstring) will be a game-time decision Week 5 against the Cowboys.

Coutee impressed in his NFL debut last week but may have aggravated his hamstring injury. If he suits up this week, he'll be playing "in pain," according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. With Houston playing in the Sunday night game, fantasy owners relying on Coutee may want to make other arrangements.

Leaving my Flex open for Coutee news tonight. Gotta se if he's running ok, otherwise I need to find a late replacement, lucky there are tons on decent ones on waivers.

A Star is born. I’m getting Randal Cobb vibes from him when he blew up 5 to 6 years ago. 

This kid is gonna be used a bunch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Put him in my Flex since he's active and Miller is being "held out". Again, he gets all the gadget runs and should get the occasional screen. Plus he's been on the field a lot on O. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing 60%+ of the snaps

The Texans were going out of their way to get Cutee involved. This guy could be an impact player going forward 

The Texans were going out of their way to get Cutee involved. This guy could be an impact player going forward 
Yup, at least three gadget plays specifically for Coutee.  He made an amazing 4th Q grab too that got the texasn almost into FG range but Watson threw a terrible pick the next play....

He was on my bench, but I think he will be in my flex this week.

Yup, at least three gadget plays specifically for Coutee.  He made an amazing 4th Q grab too that got the texasn almost into FG range but Watson threw a terrible pick the next play....

He was on my bench, but I think he will be in my flex this week.
Also looked like he had a shot at a long TD if a defender didn't get his hand slightly on the ball as Watson was releasing it. He still managed to get a lot on the throw but it was offline, and Coutee had several steps on the DB.

didnt watch the game but did see fuller show up on the stat line. was fuller all the way back from injury, or was he still limited because of it? Curious how much impact coutee really had on fuller's snaps. (i own coutee, do not own fuller)

didnt watch the game but did see fuller show up on the stat line. was fuller all the way back from injury, or was he still limited because of it? Curious how much impact coutee really had on fuller's snaps. (i own coutee, do not own fuller)
The buzz before the game was that Fuller was fine.... and that Keke may not play and if he was going to play he would be playing in pain (hamstring)

I'm worried about the hamstring. I'll be starting him at the FLEX spot, but worried it could get worse during game the game and he'll be out even longer.

Word is his 2nd half usage was so low due to him getting banged up. I'm think it's the hit he took where they had to clear him of a concussion more than the hammy.

Of course I dropped Keke this week (short bench) to take a flier that Sutton's situation improves. 

Hopefully, I can get him back on waivers, but it'll probably cost a whole lot.

Of course I dropped Keke this week (short bench) to take a flier that Sutton's situation improves. 

Hopefully, I can get him back on waivers, but it'll probably cost a whole lot.
Same... dropped him for roster flexibility (have Hopkins and Miller and a Bye is coming up). Cost me a decent amount to get him the first time too.

Efritch4 said:
Luckily decided to keep him...should have a bigger role going forward IF his hammy can hold up!!
Banking on him being a second half PPR flex savior so let's hope that hammy heals ...

What's the rest of the HOU depth chart at WR look like now?

Andrew74 said:
Dynasty - do we think he can become the #2 in HOU assuming Fuller comes back w/o any issues?  
I think in a PPR league you could make the argument. Assuming all the WR in Houston are healthy it's obviously Nuk as the #1 there and then you could argue Fuller as the #2 in standard leagues and Coutee as the #2 in PPR leagues. 

He's the 2nd best WR on the roster (Bruce Ellington is on IR until Week 12), but I don't think Texans think Coutee can play the same role Fuller did. I fully expect them to trade for/sign a WR over the mini-bye.

Is he a solid WR3/Flex pickup or just a flier? I have plenty of fliers on my team and would have to decide which of Royce Freeman, Ronald Jones, and Tre'Quan Smith to drop. 

They tried Smith earlier in the year and he didn't impress. They also tried WR/RB Tyler Ervin in the 3rd WR/gadget role and he wasn't impressive. If Coutee can come back healthy and Houston does not sign another WR he'll definitely have a big role opposite Nuk Hopkins.

You would think Coutee will most likely sit next week against Denver and then they have the bye week, so he has 3 weeks to rest the hammy. 

Keke will be good when he plays, just like Will Fuller.  The question is whether he will play, and if so, for how long.

Hoping he sits thru their by-week!  Which mean he only has to sit week 9 now and that should really help (month off) to make sure that hammy is 100 percent.

He's so explosive he'll be money if he get's the #2 role.  

IMO, Keke is a WR2 moving forward. 

I believe this may be the case.

I am considering dropping Calvin Ridley for Coutee in one league.

Not so much that I don't like Ridley and his TD upside, but its looking more and more like he is a boom or bust type guy at this point in his career. (with his arrow pointing straight up as he gets more targets and as Julio ages) Judging from what I see in the few Atlanta games I've watched,  it seems to be Ryan looking for Julio, then "pick your poison" as a second read. Sanu, Hall, Ridley, Hooper, any RB, and who knows what may be found on his second or later reads and targets.

With Fuller now gone for the season, I think Coutee might be a more stable producer at WR every week, although I don't know he has the TD upside that Ridley does.

The leagues I play in, are start 3 WRS, and realistically either would be a bye week fill-in as I'm loaded at WR. I would guess either Coutee and Ridley are fine WR3s, but if Coutee can get healthy one would think he will have a bit more volume on a weekly basis.

Maybe some Texan homers or guys that watch their games more closely could elaborate.

TZM

although I don't know he has the TD upside that Ridley does
I wouldn’t be so sure. In the games i have watched with keke in a starting role, they had designed end around run plays for him at the goal line. He scored on one against the bills i believe. 

I wouldn’t be so sure. In the games i have watched with keke in a starting role, they had designed end around run plays for him at the goal line. He scored on one against the bills i believe. 
I know they injected a few Percy Harvin-esque end arounds here and there.  I gotta think  the days where Ridley has 2+TDs are going to out number the 2+TDs games by Coutee though.

One thing I think I want to latch on to though, is the likely heavy usage of Coutee . Fuller was a key cog in that offense , and its just got to help Coutee's cause with him gone for the season.

I'm thinking a big PPR kind of guy, like Edelman with higher upside.

The next 2 weeks should be good indicators I believe, but by then, it might be too late to acquire him. (My decision is a bit more tricky, I need a WR for NEXT WEEK and we don't even know if Coutee will be back by then,.  I'm top heavy with WRs there (Start 3 WRs, I have AJ GREEN, TYREEK HILL  and O'DELL BECKHAM JR.)  I drafted Green and Hill, but traded a desperate owner for OBJ.  I want to get Coutee, but I'm not sacrificing RB depth for a 5th WR.

TZM

Welp so much for that massive bump for Keke

Texans acquired WR Demaryius Thomas from the Broncos in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The teams are also swapping seventh-rounders. That's not bad compensation for a 30-year-old in what's essentially a contract year. Thomas has been in steady decline since the Broncos' Super Bowl 2015 season, but he remains durable and reasonably effective. He will certainly be an upgrade for the Texans in three-receiver sets after they lost Will Fuller (knee) for the season. Thomas will also have a much improved quarterback situation. He should be a more bankable WR3 than he was with Case Keenum. His arrival puts a dent in Keke Coutee's WR3 outlook. Courtland Sutton, meanwhile, could flirt with WR2 value in Denver. Amazingly, the Texans are traveling to Denver for Week 9.

Because everyone cares, I own Watson, Keke, and Sutton and I see a positive for all three with this trade. Like stated above, Thomas isn’t what he once was. 

Because everyone cares, I own Watson, Keke, and Sutton and I see a positive for all three with this trade. Like stated above, Thomas isn’t what he once was. 
(Dynasty) I've got them both (Coutee/Sutton) too and yesterday someone inquired about trading for one or the other. Both have high upside imo. Keke looks like a high target/reception guy from the slot regardless of who is outside. 

Keke does not get a bunp DT will be the number 2 and Keke will work alot and move around but now he's number 3 mouth to feed not the same as when he would of been undisputed number 2 Target plus hammy will continue giving him issues 

Users who are viewing this thread