Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Cranjis

Dynasty & Redraft- Keke Coutee, WR, Houston

I have been holding throughout the offseason in Dynasty, but I have reached my limit. I already have Fuller, with Gordon Kupp and Pettis already ahead of him. (AJ Green stashed too and MV-S as well rostered).

Felt nice to drop him and lose the everpresent injury concern, even if I still have Fuller's (one is enough!).

Dropped him for Iggles rook JJ A-W, love his potential to break-out, especially in year 2 with all those old/broken WRs ahead of him. 

8 minutes ago, RickyRolled said:

I have been holding throughout the offseason in Dynasty, but I have reached my limit. I already have Fuller, with Gordon Kupp and Pettis already ahead of him. (AJ Green stashed too and MV-S as well rostered).

Felt nice to drop him and lose the everpresent injury concern, even if I still have Fuller's (one is enough!).

Dropped him for Iggles rook JJ A-W, love his potential to break-out, especially in year 2 with all those old/broken WRs ahead of him. 

Wait, what?  JJAW was just hanging out on a dynasty waiver wire?  That's bananas!  For any dynasty league you are not competing against your little sister's 3rd grade class, I would say do not drop Coutee.

Look at the 5 WRs already rostered ahead of him, including 1 on the same team as him. And you still would hold Coutee?? And let JJ marinate on the WW??

THAT's Bananas! 🍌

4 minutes ago, RickyRolled said:

Look at the 5 WRs already rostered ahead of him, including 1 on the same team as him. And you still would hold Coutee?? And let JJ marinate on the WW??

THAT's Bananas! 🍌

Without a doubt, JJ Arcega-Whiteside should be rostered in every dynasty league. Grab Courtland Sutton and DK Metcalf off the wire as well while you are shopping.  

• Like 1

Guys he is languishing on my bench right now in redraft, so torn on whether to cut bait now while there are a few guys I am eyeing on the wire. Arcega-Whiteside, Ogunbowale....

Edited by OnTheReg

31 minutes ago, OnTheReg said:

Guys he is languishing on my bench right now in redraft, so torn on whether to cut bait now while there are a few guys I am eyeing on the wire. Arcega-Whiteside, Ogunbowale....

I was in the same position. Dropped him for Justin Jackson and felt that the likelihood of Coutee going off in week 1 was highly doubtful compared to others.  He’s still sitting on the WW after a week.  

Just my thoughts though

2 hours ago, RickyRolled said:

Looks like he's going for a 2020 2nd right now -- worst case a 3rd.  No idea why you'd drop him.

Keke Coutee (ankle) is inactive for Monday night's Week 1 game against the Saints.

Coutee was questionable for this one and gets the thumbs down for the opener. LG Tytus Howard is also injured and sidelined for this one, leaving veteran Senio Kelemete to start in his place. Also inactive for the Texans are CB Xavier Crawford, CB Cornell Armstrong, G/C Greg Mancz, TE Logan Paulsen, and DE Charles Omenihu. Newcomer Kenny Stills should see some work as the No. 3 receiver with Coutee sidelined. DeAndre Carter is also an option inside.

Sep 9, 2019, 5:49 PM ET

Anyone have any insight on this guy? just too low in pecking order with Stills addition I guess. no targets this week looks like. Had him as a deep sleeper this year, huge game in the playoffs last year, but looks like he's a miss.

Yeah I have him on one dynasty roster and will cut bait as soon as there is something on the wire, but otherwise I'm ready to write him off. Stills trade sank him.

Any other opinions on this guy. Loved him coming into the season...until another injury. Stills stole his thunder but is now hobbled himself. I thought Keke seemed like a perfect outlet for Watson with the weak oline but not sure where he stands now.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:40 PM, JackReacher said:

Guy is 22 years old. Had 11 catches in a playoff game. I will gladly pick him up if you drop him.

That's more and more looking like a huge Anomaly. But keep holding onto your precious one-hit wonder, Kekephiles....

For the price you can’t go wrong. He could end up returning to his high target self again if Stills gives him the opening and Keke can stay healthy. Big “if’s”, but what do you expect for the cost of practically free.....?

Keke Coutee was benched in favor of DeAndre Carter in Week 8 against the Raiders.

There were no reports Coutee would play second fiddle to Carter against Oakland, making it all the more frustrating to see Houston's usual slot wideout walking along the sidelines at full health. Time will tell if this transition is permanent, but Coutee can't possibly be rostered with confidence at the moment.

Oct 27, 2019, 9:21 PM ET

Wondering what is going to happen with this guy with nuk gone. Seemed to disappear last year. Anyone have any speculations or insights?

6 minutes ago, Mark Football said:

Wondering what is going to happen with this guy with nuk gone. Seemed to disappear last year. Anyone have any speculations or insights?

Nuk gone but Randall Cobb in only made his situation worse IMO.

• Thanks 1

Seems like he’s forever in the doghouse. If he’s not gonna have a role why not trade him somewhere else.

16 hours ago, Tool said:

Seems like he’s forever in the doghouse. If he’s not gonna have a role why not trade him somewhere else.

Maybe he also has some Baby Mamas?

On 4/2/2020 at 12:34 PM, Mark Football said:

The one big game he had, his aDOT was still about five yards or so. They ran a bunch of jet sweeps and bubble screens to him. Coutee flashed for like a game or two. I wouldn't chalk him up to anything but the fifth wide receiver on that squad right now, and only for depth purposes. 

On 4/2/2020 at 10:05 PM, Tool said:

Going off BOB’s past, Coutee isn’t getting out of the dog house

The Athletic's Aaron Reiss pegs Texans third-year WR Keke Coutee as a "candidate to land elsewhere" this offseason.

Coutee has largely fallen out of favor under coach Bill O'Brien.  The former fourth-rounder has missed time with soft-tissue injuries and was healthy-scratched at times down the stretch last season.  Houston then went out and signed Randall Cobb to take over slot duties, essentially eliminating Coutee from the lineup.  At 5'11/180, that's where Coutee lines up.  Coutee has flashed at times in the NFL, but he needs a change of scenery.  He could likely be had for a conditional late-round pick.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Apr 15, 2020, 9:52 AM ET

If he gets traded to TB on draft day I expect the hype on this guy to hit the stratosphere.