What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty - Crowell or Carson? (1 Viewer)

snoochieboochies

Footballguy
Contract dynasty question. 

Crowell is splitting reps with Powell, who is a free agent next year. 

Carson is out touching Penny and looks to have the Sea backfield under wraps. 

Who would you rather have as a dynasty RB? 

Carson for sure.  Crowell is very unlikely to ever get a job to himself again.  I'll take the upside.

Carson here as well. Penny has talent and could potentially take that job in the future, but it doesn't look that way right now and I agree about Crowell not having huge upside in dynasty.

Carson owner here - I think by the end of the season you're not going to want to keep either.  If you shed more light on your dynasty rules we might be able to give you a more informed answer.  # of keepers, cost increase, etc.?

Unless you can keep a lot of players at a low cost you're going to have better options (Penny is the future there regardless of how they've looked since camp this year).

Carson owner here - I think by the end of the season you're not going to want to keep either.  If you shed more light on your dynasty rules we might be able to give you a more informed answer.  # of keepers, cost increase, etc.?

Unless you can keep a lot of players at a low cost you're going to have better options (Penny is the future there regardless of how they've looked since camp this year).
contract dynasty, 10 team, 28 active, 10 taxi, 8 IR. 0.25ppr

currently own - ajayi, drake, gore, cmc, booker, ware, martin, montgomery, chubb, foreman, justin jackson, aaron jones, jamall williams 

About this time of year I look at the teams who are bottom of the league, see who they might be willing to part with. Carson, Crowell, Mckinnon on IR, and a few others who were slated for big years that arent what was promised (so far). Because this is contract dynasty, if you dont grab them as a rookie or cheap in free agency to a large contract, the salaries are immense. Alex collins was a free agent this year and costs 11x what buck allen does. Carson and Crowell are both dirt cheap for their supposed rb1/2 status. Im not particulaly looking for immediate contribution this year, although that would be nice. Who do you think is the starter next year? 

Crowell has a better chance to be the starter next year than does Carson.  Penny is clearly intended to be the future for Seattle.  He might end up stinking, but he'll have to prove that he stinks before they give up on him.  Bilal Powell has been around the league for a long time so will have to slow down or retire soon.  Of course the Jets could easily draft an RB to replace Crowell who isn't very exciting either.  Of they guys you mentioned I think McKinnon has the most up side for next year.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/770855-ppr-ros-who-do-i-drop-whir/

Users who are viewing this thread