What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many States have you been to? (1 Viewer)

ComfortablyNumb

Footballguy
and (if it's only a few), which ones are you missing?

I've been to 47, missing VT, RI, and ND.

Also missing MN if "only in the airport" doesn't count.

I suspect ND is the state that the fewest of us have been to.

I am missing Alaska and Hawaii, plus North Dakota, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire. That's 43.  I have an Alaskan cruise in 2020 planned, so that will cross another off the list.

I am missing Alaska and Hawaii, plus North Dakota, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire. That's 43.  I have an Alaskan cruise in 2020 planned, so that will cross another off the list.
Cruises are the best way to see the Dakotas as well. Allow me to recommend Mandan River Cruises, which is 11 people floating down the Missouri on a tractor tire filled with meth.

ETA: And i want to thank y'all for missing VT. Plz continue to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see, I have been to:

all the New England states (6), New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Louisiana, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Kaliphornia, Alaska, Hawaii

So that makes 28 in total.  Probably won't ever make it to all fifty states, as there are a number of states that probably wouldn't be willing to pay me to visit.  Kansas and Oklahoma come to mind.  

Cruises are the best way to see the Dakotas as well. Allow me to recommend Mandan River Cruises, which is 11 people floating down the Missouri on a tractor tire filled with meth.

ETA: And i want to thank y'all for missing VT. Plz continue to do so.
Where do I sign up?

47 or 48.  We aren't entirely sure about Delaware.  There was a lot of driving in my family. Flying was out.  

For certain have not been to the Dakotas.  

Now....how many states y'all made sexy time in? :popcorn:

13 or 14 here. Mild confusion over Idaho. :bag:

Just for the record if driving thru states counts then so should flying over them. So all of you that went to Hawaii add in all those states in your flight pattern. ?

CA, NV, UT, AZ, WY, CO, NM, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, MN, IA, FL, GA, VA

18. A couple of those are aiport only or just thru. A corner of the state driving.

I pretty sure all I'm am missing are AK, ND, WY, UT*, CO*, NE, and OK. (43)

Utah and Colorado I have 'technically' been to, because on a trip we went to 'The Four Corners' which is a spot where AZ, NM, UT, and CO meet up. But just put toes into. I may have been to WY and NE on a long drive. But I'd have to check our exact itinerary.

ETA: Adding my version of the link that @sports_fan put up below. - Nice find SF!!!

You can see the rough path of our trip around the western half of the US a couple years ago!

Been to:

MO, AR, OK, AL, FL, GA, NY, PA, OH, WV, HI, CA, AZ, CO, NE, ND, SD, IA, IL, IN, TN, KY, NM, WA, NJ, VA, MD & TX

That's 28.  I've been to DC a couple times.  Will be in Vegas for the first time in November, so that gets me to 29.  A handful of those are simply driven through.  I think I've actually spent substantial time in about 20 of them and spent the night in 18.

Would love to be able to travel regularly and visit them all at least once.

Missing a lot of states with national parks I want to visit:

New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, Minnesota, Louisiana, Hawaii and Alaska. 

I probably should add "good California" as I've only been to Mojavia.

We plan to make a long trip out west and visit Alaska and Hawaii in the next decade.

27 but I’ve been to over 60 countries so I’m good. I plan to go to every state and territory except North Dakota. 

I've never been to Vermont, Delaware, W. Virginia, N. Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Indiana, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Oklahoma, New Mexico.

My wife's parents were nomads when she was young and traveled a lot so she has been to 49.  Somehow they avoided Kentucky, so that's our next destination to get her to 50--bourbon tour. 

Nj, NY, pa, ct, nc, de, FL, va, ri, mn, mt, co,mo, oh,md, va

I'm not very well traveled. Also not counting just airports or if I only got out of the car to fill up my gas tank

NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, NC, SC, FL, GA, VA, NV

Nobody ever said “go west young man” to me

edit: completly forgot Vegas!

I haven't counted the states that I've been to versus those I haven't  but it's probably a good ratio. When I was a kid my dad had a camper on the back of his pickup truck and we drove cross country every year. One summer we would drive from Ohio to Nebraska to visit his parents. The next summer we would drive to California to visit my mom's family. Sometimes we would go east just to see what was out there. 

I've been to Mount Rushmore, the Corn Palace, the Big Texan, Grand Canyon, Wall Drug, Plymouth Rock, Death Valley, Independence Hall, and many more. All in the back of a camper perched on a Ford F150. Thanks, dad, those are good memories. 

I was a consultant in my 20s and hit most then. I’ve been to all but Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, South Dakota, Iowa, Kentucky, Ohio, Delaware, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Maine. So, 38.

15 - SC, NC, GA, FL, AL, TX, TN, KY, IN, IL, VA, MD, WV, PA
16 if I count NJ.  Evidently went there as a toddler.
19 if you count airports and just drove through - NY, DE, OH

Users who are viewing this thread