What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WW pickups from week 4 (or, ww pickups for week 5) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Jones might not be a bad speculative add. Don’t think he does a whole lot this week, but with how thin the position is, any starting/ potential starting RB is worth an add & stash at least

What about Turbin in IND? Nobody else in the Colts backfield seems to have taken hold of the job. Any thoughts? 

Monty Burns said:
Tyler Kroft after Eifert injury....
:goodposting:

Burton owner who needs a bye week fill in. Had been thinking McDonald but you're right about Kroft. He's been a good red zone target with Eifert out in the past

Elevencents said:
Coutee. Led the team in targets. Kid is a baller. Full disclosure this is with Fuller going out. 
I will say he was very involved with Fuller on the field from the start.  Very noticeable. 

Mike Davis worth an add?

Antonio Calloway, who has been an add in past weeks, is clearly getting a lot of consistent targets. 

Boyd if he’s still there.

Nyheim Hines can’t be overlooked in PPR as a solid flex. 11 targets and has production all year.

For deeper leagues:

Taywan Taylor and Christian Kirk continue to get targeted.

Brady seems to be trusting Dorsett more, but given the mouths in NE likely fool’s gold as I don’t buy that anyone will have consistency, and Edelman is returning soon.

Moncrief will also be inconsistent and not sure I trust Mariota, but he’s flashed a few games this year.

Call it gut but I think Kearse may be a good speculative add as he’s back and gains game reps with Darnold, and this team will likely be needing to throw to stay in games.

Ryan Grant continues to add value. Not sure where Cheater Rodgers came from this game but I think Grant is the better, more consistent add.

Taylor Gabriel is starting to produce as Trubiaky is getting more comfortable.

Yep. He'll be starting next week after this crap performance from Fitzgerald.
That’s how this will go down but it really seemed like he got pulled because Koetter just didn’t want him playing after Winston was back anyway.  No big difference between how the two played.

Now that Koetter found the balls to actually set the lineup he wants I like Winston after the bye.  Rolling with him and Luck from here on out hopefully.

Mike Davis worth an add?

Antonio Calloway, who has been an add in past weeks, is clearly getting a lot of consistent targets. 

Boyd if he’s still there.

Nyheim Hines can’t be overlooked in PPR as a solid flex. 11 targets and has production all year.

For deeper leagues:

Taywan Taylor and Christian Kirk continue to get targeted.

Brady seems to be trusting Dorsett more, but given the mouths in NE likely fool’s gold as I don’t buy that anyone will have consistency, and Edelman is returning soon.

Moncrief will also be inconsistent and not sure I trust Mariota, but he’s flashed a few games this year.

Call it gut but I think Kearse may be a good speculative add as he’s back and gains game reps with Darnold, and this team will likely be needing to throw to stay in games.

Ryan Grant continues to add value. Not sure where Cheater Rodgers came from this game but I think Grant is the better, more consistent add.

Taylor Gabriel is starting to produce as Trubiaky is getting more comfortable.
I like Grant as a high floor low ceiling bye week plugin (ppr)

I want to like Gabriel because the targets are there but I’m holding.  I’ve watched all the Bears games and Trubisky has looked pretty rough until today. TB’s defense is pathetic, and it got worse during the game as they lost a DB.  Not sure today’s game script is going to repeat itself.

Another not-so-exciting TE option: Since Will Dissly tore his patellar tendon, Nick Vannett could be in line for some more targets. And he's got a good matchup with the Rams next week. But we're definitely into replacement-level crapshoot here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyde owners who don’t already have Chubb as a handcuff need to remedy that quickly
He got dropped in my league last week and I put a claim in right away.  Now with that stat line from today hope he doesn’t get taken before my #6 priority but he probably will.

All the bad teams are super RB hungry right now

How much would you hypothetically bid for Chubb if you were hypothetically a Hyde owner with say, IDK, $89 left of your FAAB?

How much would you hypothetically bid for Chubb if you were hypothetically a Hyde owner with say, IDK, $89 left of your FAAB?
Depends if Hyde is a starter for you. Hyde has looked good all year so while the touches Chubb had were crazy good I don’t think they’re going to yank Hyde just like that. If he weren’t playing well it would be a different story. 

Not much. If your league is that deep you would have already owned him. He has zero value to the non Hyde owners. How many touches do you think he'll average over the next month? More than 5?

Who knows?  What is the plan with Carson vs Davis vs Penny in Seattle?  None of us know that answer. 
I rostered Mike Davis much of last year in dynasty as a flier.  Cut him early.  No way he finds value with Carson and Penny.  Ta da!

Not much. If your league is that deep you would have already owned him. He has zero value to the non Hyde owners. How many touches do you think he'll average over the next month? More than 5?
You think his usage will increase that much?  :P

I am the Hyde owner, and it's a late season lottery ticket. Given who the HC is, the effectiveness of Hyde and the commitment they have shown to Carlos over DJJ and Chubb, I don't expect it to change short term. But hey, you never know.

I just want to pick him up to stick him on the bottom of the roster and see how the season plays out.

You think his usage will increase that much?  :P

I am the Hyde owner, and it's a late season lottery ticket. Given who the HC is, the effectiveness of Hyde and the commitment they have shown to Carlos over DJJ and Chubb, I don't expect it to change short term. But hey, you never know.

I just want to pick him up to stick him on the bottom of the roster and see how the season plays out.
There are way better lottery tickets, imo. If you're a Hyde owner, I get it. Bid a couple bucks if you'll have the roster space through bye weeks. But for other owners? Unless it's a keeper/dynasty, I'm not seeing any reason to roster Chubb. 

Users who are viewing this thread