What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DRAFT DFS (1 Viewer)

jerseys finest

Footballguy
 the weekly tourneys in DRAFT seem very exploitable and this is the first week I played it differently.  You roster 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE. 

The majority of folks seem to be just drafting down the list, loading up with studs and not really playing matchups for WR 2s or middle type RBs or QBs with high upside. 

First few weeks, spent 20 and won 20. This week I altered my lineup building and went from 20 to 50, at worst. KC keeps doing what they have been and I’ll turn it into 75 or 100. 

Competition seems amateur honestly. Gonna see what I can do over the next few weeks. But it seems quite promising

Basically, I let the rest of the draft dictate my picks. In the 6 man leagues it’s the easiest to deploy this strategy. 

I am taking my qb last.  I want my first 3 picks to be a 2 RB and 1 WR, letting my rankings dictate my picks. I’ll make my own top 10 qb list, top 20 RB and top 20 WR/TE. Depending where I’m slotted, I get one of my top 3 players at rb or wr. At that point I let the other players determine how I build my teams strengths. Picking 6, 5 RB go? I’ll take my top 2 WR. Picking 2, and A run of wr in the 2nd? I’ll go RB/RB. There are so many players at each position on the outside of top 12 rb and wr/te and soooo much outside of the top 5 qbs. 

Its far from perfect, but just what I’ve gotten after 3 weeks of using a little leftover money from the Best Ball entries I went into. 

Just did 5 $1 6 man drafts, and am just about all in on Kamara as he always fell to the end of the 1st.  4 of the 5 drafts I was either 1st or 2nd pick, so I have a bit of Gurley/Kamara and Barkley/Kamara. 

Raging weasel said:
Cashed for $18 on a $5 6man PGA. Drafted this team in a $5 3man for this weekend

Ryan/Barkley/Hunt/Julio/Hill
Had Green not Hill in this lineup. Need 51.2 points for the win, seems doable.

Had Green not Hill in this lineup. Need 51.2 points for the win, seems doable.
Good Luck!  Seeing your post here made me go look to see if there are any stacks like this in my draft contests, but it looks like everybody is fairly spread out.  

I posted wrong above - I did 5 drafts, but 4 were the $1 6mans, and 1 was a $5 tournament.  

I am 1st in one, and would need a 34pt game from OBJ or 35pt game from Barkley to overtake me.  

I am 3rd in a high scoring league.  1st is done and me and the 2nd place person are only 3 pts behind.  I have Barkley, they have Julio.  I am sitting at 87 with Mahomes/Kamara/Landry/Ertz.  

The other 2 I am probably out of the money, unless OBJ puts up a 22pt game, then I would sneak into 2nd in one of them.  

In the tourney, I am currently slated to advance, unless OBJ puts up 34.5 or Ryan/Julio put up 50.  I tried a few baseball tournaments, but never got past the first round, so it would be nice to at least advance in something.  

Haven't tried any tournaments yet. PGA contests seem pretty soft as I'm 4/4 in those. Seems most players in all contests are content to let the standard rankings list dictate their picks.

Whew, that was close, won by 1.4. $5 in $13.50 out.
Nice!  I also did alright -  took 1st in two drafts, and 2nd in another so $4 in and $9 out on those.   I also held onto 1st in the tourney, so I advance to the next round, so that's at least $8 even if I get knocked out.  

They have the draft posted for the next round, and I am 4th, so I can kiss Barkley and Gurley goodbye.  Not sure if stacking is a suggested or not, but I was noticing that Cousins is pretty low on the rankings - 10th, so I was eying up a possible Cousins/Diggs combo since Diggs is 16th on their WR/TE rankings.    

I usually take my QB last and stack with a WR if it's a good matchup like Julio this week and had Brees/Thomas a couple weeks ago when Ingram and Smith got all the TDs. Haven't had luck with tourney yet but loving the 3mans.

OOF - forgot all about my draft tonight for the next round of the tourney, so it autodrafted my team.  No beeps or warnings on my phone, so I should look if there are settings for that in the app, or at least put a list together for next time.  This is what I am depending on to get on to another round:

Mahomes - David Johnson/Lindsay - OBJ/Evans  

Gave me Mahomes at the 1.4 instead of Hunt or Conner and went downhill from there...

I decided to try another tournament, and got the 1.1 spot.  Ended up with:

Cousins, Gurley, Kamara, Green, Diggs. 

I have this and a handful of gpps now that are based around this NO/Minn game. 

The bad and the good.  Got knocked out of the 1st place in the last minute or so by a lineup with Cousins and Diggs, still $10 though.   The good is I had Cousins and Diggs in my lu for the new one this week, so I will probably advance to  round 2 for that one.  

Well, I got the 1.1 pick in the 2nd round of the tournament, and made sure I set a reminder alarm on my phone and put in a few players in my queue so it doesn't give me a QB at the 1.1 pick.  

I also did 3 $1 6man drafts last night, and got the 1.3 pick in all 3, so my teams look basically the same.  each time it was Gurley then Hunt, so I have Kamara on all three.  Here is what I ended up with:

1.  Brees - Kamara/Gordon - Woods/Evans

2.  Fitz - Kamara/Gordon - Hopkins/Evans

3.  Mahomes - Kamara/Chubb - Adams/Hopkins

The draft for the tournament is at 12:15central, so we will see soon what I end up with in that.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am going to be in trouble on Draft if Gordon doesn't play this week or Evans/Hopkins flop.  This is what I ended up with in the tournament:

Goff - Gurley/Gordon - Hopkins/Evans

I know they let you swap if somebody scratches, but it's a late game, so I am not sure what that will leave me - probably something like Ingram, L.Miller, or S.Michel  I think the best case is if Gordon can't go, hopefully Michel can and I would probably take a stab at him.  

I've had some luck getting to the second round of those $5 hype train contests. Not every time, but more than half. So its paying for itself. Haven't made it into a third round yet. Got 2 going this week for that tourney. May do one more. Still have 25 left to play with. 25 in play already. I've been up and down budget wise on this site, but at the halfway point in the season, i'm back to exactly where i started.. with $50. LOL. 

Hype 1 - Rodgers, Elliott/Connor, Julio/Allen (drafted 4th)

Hype 2 - Brady, Gurley/Connor, Thomas/Allen (drafted 1st)

10 man $5 - Goff, Connor/White, Allen/JuJu (drafted 8th)

6 man $10 - Rodgers, Hunt/Peterson, Hopkins/Thomas (drafted 2nd)

Looking at it now, Lets go James Connor and Keenan Allen!! 

I've had some luck getting to the second round of those $5 hype train contests. Not every time, but more than half. So its paying for itself. Haven't made it into a third round yet. Got 2 going this week for that tourney. May do one more. Still have 25 left to play with. 25 in play already. I've been up and down budget wise on this site, but at the halfway point in the season, i'm back to exactly where i started.. with $50. LOL. 

Hype 1 - Rodgers, Elliott/Connor, Julio/Allen (drafted 4th)

Hype 2 - Brady, Gurley/Connor, Thomas/Allen (drafted 1st)

10 man $5 - Goff, Connor/White, Allen/JuJu (drafted 8th)

6 man $10 - Rodgers, Hunt/Peterson, Hopkins/Thomas (drafted 2nd)

Looking at it now, Lets go James Connor and Keenan Allen!! 
Good Luck!  

There always seems like a couple guys that drop in these things and I then end up with a bit of them.  This week Gordon, Conner, Julio, K.Allen,  Evans seem to be the ones dropping that I have my eye on.  

Good Luck!  

There always seems like a couple guys that drop in these things and I then end up with a bit of them.  This week Gordon, Conner, Julio, K.Allen,  Evans seem to be the ones dropping that I have my eye on.  
Same to you! And you're right, there seems to be a lot of jumping up for the flavors of the week each week, letting some good value drop into the 2nd/3rd round. Got gordon in my big money league, so hoping he plays as well. Allen just seems due to break out with or without gordon playing. Connor falling out of the first just blows my mind for as good as he's been. But now that im loaded up on him and allen, im sure they crap the bed, so to speak.  Julio and Evans have kushy matchups too. I've just been unlucky more than anything on DRAFT. 4 out of 5 players crush it, 5th player puts up a dud or gets injured... Frustrating, but it could be worse than breaking even over the first 8 games. Looking to break out of that funk over the second half of the season. 

Did the $5 hype train this week and got 1st pick for the first time at Draft.

Mahomes, Gurly, Lindsay,Hill,Kupp

RB was thin by the time it came back to me so paired up QB/WR and actually took 2nd RB with last pick.

Also did a $5 6man and drafted this from the 5 spot

Cam,McCaffrey,Chubb,Kelce,Julio

Did the $5 hype train this week and got 1st pick for the first time at Draft.

Mahomes, Gurly, Lindsay,Hill,Kupp

RB was thin by the time it came back to me so paired up QB/WR and actually took 2nd RB with last pick.

Also did a $5 6man and drafted this from the 5 spot

Cam,McCaffrey,Chubb,Kelce,Julio
Good luck! Definitely some upside in those lineups.  

My big debate each draft is to stack or not to stack.  I have been leaning toward a pairing of some sort each draft now.  

For the 2nd round, a dude is sitting at 105 with White to go, so safe to say I won't be advancing there.  He had Mahomes, Conner, Kelce, Julio.  

Currently in 1st for the one I drafted this week though.  

Doing pretty well this week. 1st(no chance of being caught) and a 2nd (that will be a first if rodgers has a solid game) in the 6 man 10$ leagues. Should hold onto first in the 2 5$ leagues (one 3 man, one 10 man) as well. 

Ran 3 first round hype train tourneys this week and looks like 2 of them have potential for first. Need brady to have a big game but edelman to not be a huge part of that to win one. Need rodgers/Elliott to have big games in another, but brady can only have a big enough game to win me the other tourney since the only other guy in that one has brady running. LOL. Third one i dont have much of a shot in. I have zeke left to play, only other guy to challenge has brady/white, but he had hunt/thomas/woods, so he has the edge on me already. 

took first in all 4 cash contests. turning 30 into 108. knocked out of one hype contest, but still have zeke left to go in the other 2. Need him to get him 15 points in one to advance, that one seems achievable. Need him to put up 35.2 in the other one to advance, that seems way less likely. But ill take one out of 3 this week with a solid cash out in my other contests.

On to next week! 

Leave it to zeke and the cowboys to not even get enough points to get me into one second round ?. Still come out with 108 tho. Gonna shoot for the same style while drafting this week. I like to get a few done early and let other people take the “questionable” players. I know you get a swap if they don’t play, but I want those players on other teams. 

Couple early entries this week . 

3$ 6 man - pick 1 - Gurley/Brown/Beckham/White/Big Ben

hype train - pick 1 - Gurley/Beckham/D Johnson/Ertz/Wentz

hype train - pick 3 - Gordon/White/Mahomes/Woods/Ertz

White seems to keep falling. He was picked one before I took Beckham/David Johnson or I’d have him in all 3. Like him this week for top 5 upside. 

Entered 2 10$ 6 man leagues before Thursday’s games. RB pool loses 2 studs and WR loses 1. QB loses 2 of my top 6. Picked 6th in both leagues. 

League 1 - Gordon/MThomas/White/Kelce/Big Ben

League 2 - Connor/Mccaffery/Allen/Kelce/Big Ben

I will do a few more.  There are more Rbs this week, so round 1 for this one was all RBs.  Just one so far, and I had the 1st pick (and I didn't realize it had the TNF game in it - oops)

Gurley/Allen/OBJ/Ryan/Coleman

jerseys finest said:
Entered 2 10$ 6 man leagues before Thursday’s games. RB pool loses 2 studs and WR loses 1. QB loses 2 of my top 6. Picked 6th in both leagues. 

League 1 - Gordon/MThomas/White/Kelce/Big Ben

League 2 - Connor/Mccaffery/Allen/Kelce/Big Ben
Off to a great start with Ben!

Well, I guess Go Atlanta!  I did a Hype Train, and got the 1.6 spot and of course the big 5 RBs went first, so I am rolling out:

Julio/M.Thomas/Jones/Coleman/Ryan

I tried a couple- very interesting week where a lot of teams look loaded.  So far have gotten the 1.4 and 1 3 picks.  

In one the 1.1 pick nabbed Gurley then followed it with Mahomes/T.Hill 

I tried a couple- very interesting week where a lot of teams look loaded.  So far have gotten the 1.4 and 1 3 picks.  

In one the 1.1 pick nabbed Gurley then followed it with Mahomes/T.Hill 
those are for this week right? Banking on a big game monday night, That trio can do some real damage!!

Well, did 5 today.  Felt hard to stack anything unless I really wanted to force the issue, so I ended up with a lot LUs with players from 5 different teams.  Here is what I ended up with:

$1 6player drafts=

1.  (1.5) - Zeke/Karma/Julio/T.Hill/Wentz

2.  (1.4) - Barkley/McCaffrey/OBJ/Cam/Cooks

3.  (1.4) -  Gordon/D.Johnson/T.Hill/Cooks/Wentz

4.  (1.1) - Gurley/Julio/Hopkins/Cam/D.Lewis   (missed Fournette by 1 pick and kind of scrambled here.)

$5  Hype Train:

(1.2) - Barkley/Gordon/Julio/Cooks/Wentz

VERY surprised to get Gordon at the end of the 2nd here.   The KC guys were gone, so I wanted to get some pieces of the Philly/NO and KC/LaR games, hence the Cooks and Wentz picks at the end.  

So it looks like my highest exposure is to Julio, Cooks, and Wentz, but overall pretty spread out.  

So far this week, i've done 4 hype train contests (one in the second round of the contest) and 4 non hype contests. Probably gonna do 2-3 more cash games tonight. Picks are in the order i drafted them. Really tried pairing 2 of the top 9 RB this week.. Only 2 where i didn't get to do it, i paired with my top WR for the week in Michael Thomas, but it definitely makes your RB2 a total crapshoot. I like Coleman for usage and Collins for matchup in the two i didn't get 2 of the top 9 RB, but they both have me nervous. Would have happily taken Connor in my hype train contest in the second round, but i had the 3rd/10th and it was literally the top 9 straight RB taken before my second pick. Really went into this week wanting at least 1 piece of the KC/Rams in each lineup. Managed to pull that off so far and sprinkle 1 or 2 in each of my lineups. 

Hype 1 - Pick 6 - McCaffrey, Thomas, Hill, Goff, Coleman

Hype 2 - Pick 5 - Elliott, Kamara, AB, Newton, Cooks

Hype 3 - Pick 4 - Gordon, McCaffrey, Hill, Ertz, Wentz

Hype 4 - 2nd Round - Pick 3 - Elliott, Thomas, Hill, Goff, Collins

3$ 6 Man - Pick 1 - Gurley, Connor, Mahomes, Allen, Ertz

1$ 6 man - Pick 1 - Gurley, Connor, Hill, Big Ben, Sanders

10$ 6 man - Pick 3 - Elliott, D. Johnson, Hopkins, Woods, Goff

10$ 6 man - Pick 6 - McCaffrey, Hunt, Allen, Mahomes, Cooks

Did one more hype train and got the 1st pick.  Missed out on rams/KC players between my 3rd and 4th pick, so took a stab at the philly/no :

Gurley/Kamara/OBJ/Brees/Jeffrey

Didn't advance in my hype train,lost to Mahomes owner by less than 3. Had Hill and Barkley go off but Thomas, McCaffrey and mostly Wentz sunk me.

Got crushed in mine thanks to the Philly guys.  Wentz in one and Jeffrey in the other.  As a Pats fan, just more fuel to the fire of hating that team.  

Didn't advance in my hype train,lost to Mahomes owner by less than 3. Had Hill and Barkley go off but Thomas, McCaffrey and mostly Wentz sunk me.
Got smoked in most of mine as well. Same goes for fanduel, lost like 35 there.... 54 in, 31 out on draft this week. I did advance to the third round of a hype train and the second round of another hype train, so i got that going. Problem is, i hate my draft slots in both. 3rd round tourney i pick 6th. 2nd round tourney i pick 5th. Wish i was sitting top 3 for Barkley/Gordon/McCaffrey, but ill wind up with one or two of David Johnson, James Connor, Nick Chubb, Mixon, or Mack. Question now is, do i go RB/RB since what is behind that pack all seem to have red flags(not all, but most) or do I take my top WR and pair with one of the RB's. Ugh. Leaning RB/WR currently. 

I also entered 2 of the 3$ thanksgiving 4 man tourneys and 1 of the 10$ 4 man tourneys this week. 

3$ - Pick 3 - (elliott/Kamara went 1/2) Thomas/Golladay/Jordan Howard/Ryan/Riddick

3$ - Pick 4 - Julio/Ingram/Dak/Golladay/Riddick

10$ - Pick 2 - Elliott/Julio/Ingram/Reed/Dak

These drafts were harder than I imagined actually. Landing Elliott seems like the big prize. Kamara/Ingram both solid as well, crapshoot after that. Thomas or Jones as the only 2 "elite" WR. Brees/Ryan as the only 2 "elite" qb. I like both Golladay and Riddick for a big # of targets. So many injuries in DET, they are the only 2 left to catch passes basically! Gonna have to throw against CHI. Hated the QB's after Dak, so jumped on him when i had to. No faith in stafford, trubisky(hurt?) or mccoy. Didn't want to be stuck with any of those 3. (now i bet they all go off this week)

Got crushed in mine thanks to the Philly guys.  Wentz in one and Jeffrey in the other.  As a Pats fan, just more fuel to the fire of hating that team.  
They crushed me in a couple as well. But as you know, I'm an eagles fan! Don't hate man!! Its our one title and we are going to hold on especially tight with the way this season is playing out. So many injuries. If all healthy, you can almost start 11 on both sides of the ball. We are young, we will bounce back. (probably not this year though, although our division is garbage, so we got a shot) If we managed to sneak in, we would get crushed in the playoffs by NO or LA though. 

Thanks to Cooper's huge game and Brees throwing to everyone but Thomas this was an easy win. I scored 107 and other 2 teams combined scored 133. $5 in $13.50 out.
Nice

sounds like my draft.  Winner scored 111, me and the other entry combined for 108.  :lol:

I advanced in the 10$ tourney and got blanked in the rest. Got the 2nd and 3rd round hype trains this weekend. Got 25 in play where my only bad pick was Coleman. Got 20 left I’m debating throwing into this weekend or saving for next. Kinda feel like I am on tilt. Last week and this week so far have not been great on here or FanDuel.  

Heads up if you draft using the app on a mobile device. With the site update you wont be able to edit your team unless you drafted on the website. I did a draft where I took M Gordon and if he doesnt play Im stuck with him.

$5 3man from the 3 spot

Gordon,beckham,Adams,Chubb,Luck

Users who are viewing this thread