What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (2 Viewers)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
No Kamara this week on the main so that insta lock is gone.  Atlanta plays Pitt, they may score 90 combined pts.  Gurley still way too cheap.

First shot...

Ryan

Gurley

Barkely

Ju-Ju

Kupp

Alison

MacDonald

Aaron Jones

NYG
I had similar.  I think I need to think about going cheaper at TE and maybe upgrade WR? 

Stafford

Gurley, Barkley, Jones

Kupp, Boyd, C.Davis

Kittle

Cleveland 

Sunday million lineup:

Big ben

conner

gurley

Brown

boyd

valdes-scantling

vance

jared cook

KC

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 4 was not kind; some small GPP cash's, still can't hit a 50/50 to save my life. Is it just me or is the cut line for 50/50's getting higher & higher? The one I played week 4 was 167.9. Same old issue - making some great calls on the low-owned guys; the chalk keeps killing me. Anyway, on to week 5; the ATL/PITT could really be huge. But something for which I've seen no mention yet anywhere is the Vikings. Road underdog, revenge narrative & the Eagles defensive secondary, IMO, ranks up there with the worst in the league right now, while the run DEF remains strong. Liking some Cousins/Thielen/Diggs stacks, but, will wait to see projected ownership before going overboard on them. Hard to swallow a projected point total of 21 for Minnesota the way opposing QB's who can throw deep have been picking apart Philly's pass DEF. I can't help but think that Thielen & Diggs will both find paydirt Sunday, and I have to think that 300+ & at least 3 TD's for Cousins is not out of the realm of possibility. 

Current GPP placeholder: QB/Cousins, RB/Conner - A. Jones, WR/Thielen - Diggs - Jeffery, TE/Hurst, FLEX/Kupp, DEF/Tenn.

I like it.  My first gpp placeholder was also a Minn stack and ran it back with Ertz.  Should be a low owned stack and build. 

reel_smooth said:
Week 4 was not kind; some small GPP cash's, still can't hit a 50/50 to save my life. Is it just me or is the cut line for 50/50's getting higher & higher? The one I played week 4 was 167.9. Same old issue - making some great calls on the low-owned guys; the chalk keeps killing me. Anyway, on to week 5; the ATL/PITT could really be huge. But something for which I've seen no mention yet anywhere is the Vikings. Road underdog, revenge narrative & the Eagles defensive secondary, IMO, ranks up there with the worst in the league right now, while the run DEF remains strong. Liking some Cousins/Thielen/Diggs stacks, but, will wait to see projected ownership before going overboard on them. Hard to swallow a projected point total of 21 for Minnesota the way opposing QB's who can throw deep have been picking apart Philly's pass DEF. I can't help but think that Thielen & Diggs will both find paydirt Sunday, and I have to think that 300+ & at least 3 TD's for Cousins is not out of the realm of possibility. 

Current GPP placeholder: QB/Cousins, RB/Conner - A. Jones, WR/Thielen - Diggs - Jeffery, TE/Hurst, FLEX/Kupp, DEF/Tenn.
You got a low one!  Most of my cash games were in the freaking 170s.  $2 - 100 player 50/50s have always been my wheelhouse.  This year I can't seem to cash in them to save my life.  I only played 3 of the 4 weeks, and I was completely shut out in 2 of those weeks and in the red for the 3rd.  I am strongly thinking of walking away while a still have a decent bankroll...Then part of me says "hmmm...I can't keep getting shut out.  Maybe I should play real heavy this week and try to make up lost ground."   :unsure:

Entered my Minny idea in a $1 Mon-Thurs SE to get access to a couple cheaper guys in the NE/Indy game.  Right now I have:

Cousins

Michel/Lynch/Yeldon

Diggs/Thielen/C.Rogers  (maybe Grant)

Ertz

Det

For the main slate, I was thinking similar, but something like Lynch/Yeldon/A.Jones and a Jax Wr - Westbrook or Moncrief 

This can't go much more wrong than when I stacked Minny vs. Buffalo, right?  :oldunsure:

Entered my Minny idea in a $1 Mon-Thurs SE to get access to a couple cheaper guys in the NE/Indy game.  Right now I have:

Cousins

Michel/Lynch/Yeldon

Ertz

Det

For the main slate, I was thinking similar, but something like Lynch/Yeldon/A.Jones and a Jax Wr - Westbrook or Moncrief 

This can't go much more wrong than when I stacked Minny vs. Buffalo, right?  :oldunsure:
As a lions fan I’ve tried rolling out Detroit a couple times and it hasn’t worked out. Maybe this is the week but I think that game will be a shootout which GB might lose if their main wrs are injured. 

Cousins

Michel/Lynch/Yeldon

Ertz

Det

Careful loading up on Lynch. Chargers get Liuget back from suspension this week and he is their main run stuffing DT. He may also lose touches if the Chargers get a big lead.

As a lions fan I’ve tried rolling out Detroit a couple times and it hasn’t worked out. Maybe this is the week but I think that game will be a shootout which GB might lose if their main wrs are injured. 
For D, I have just been trying cheap home Ds that show up on RGs adjusted sack rates chart, and Det was at the top this week.  :shrug:   

I plan to tweak and look at the Ds a little more though.  

Careful loading up on Lynch. Chargers get Liuget back from suspension this week and he is their main run stuffing DT. He may also lose touches if the Chargers get a big lead.
Good info, thanks.    

I am having trouble with the RBs after I get that stack in because it's so expensive (probably means I should forget it, right?).  I am finding myself pinned down in that 6.5K range for RBs and was trying to find guys that are getting touches.   Maybe I should roll with Michel/Yeldon/Jones for that one?

For D, I have just been trying cheap home Ds that show up on RGs adjusted sack rates chart, and Det was at the top this week.  :shrug:   

I plan to tweak and look at the Ds a little more though.  
Can't believe the Lions are at the top in sacks, their pass rush is terrible. They do have a solid return game tho so there is that.

Between PGA and NFL I have the last of my FD bankroll in play($8.50) this weekend. Need some luck on my side or it's the DK and Draft threads for me.

@BassNBrew I’m firing up my single game lineups for tonight!
Good luck.  I'm still undecided if I'm going to focus on this slate.  So much up in the air with injuries.

Also, what's your split on White/Michel?  I thinking both wouldn't be advisable to take down a gpp???

Could very well bite me in the ###, but the more I stared at it, the more I liked putting in my gpps in the Thurs-Mon slate.   The one game I worry about turning into a shootout is tonight's game, but then thought about Indy's injuries and Luck on a short week coming off a game where he threw 60 times.  

I figure in theory, people play these slates to get exposure to the primetime games, so it should suppress ownership more on the games from the main slate that will be owned big.  Just doing a few entries in the smaller $2 gpp with 9K entries and 10max entries.  Like RW, my FD funds are drying up so if none of my ideas work I will be just rocking DK besides the 10man league that I am in.  

I am on the games that I am sure most are:  Atl/Pitt, GB/Det, Oak/LaC.   I am honestly still not sure about Jax/KC     I agreed above that I think that Minn/Philly could have some gpp goodness, especially Diggs and Ertz.   Weird idea of the week is Balt/Clev.   Two of the fastest paced teams in the league, Flacco is throwing 5th most in the league so far this year and I think has 3xed 3 of the 4 weeks, Cleveland just lost one of their good CBs, and Mayfield has shown that he is a gamer too.    Thinking Flacco/Brown + Landry or somebody would be a cheap, very low owned mini game stack.  That will allow you to put in a bunch of RBs.  

Here is one that I am staring at as a WTF gpp: 

Flacco

Kamara/Gurley/D.Johnson

J.Brown/Landry/K.Coutee (or a double Balt stack with Snead)

McDonald

Tenn

Same core as above, I wrote down Carr/Nelson/Cook + M.Williams as a different game stack that would allow me the same 3 rbs.  

I'm using Carr/Cooper/Cook/Williams core in a freeroll, can't remember which site atm.

My FD thu-mon is

Watson/Kamara/Thompson/Coutee/Hopkins/ Kupp/McDonald/Jones/Rams

$1 SE gpp

Bortles/Yeldon/McCaffrey/Dede/Adams/Brown/Kroft/Funchess/Car

$5 2x

Ryan/Gurly/Jones/Davis/Kupp/Juju/McDonald/Yeldon/Tenn

Lots of injuries to watch so may change. Was really hoping Geronimo would make some progress and replace Davis/Funchess but not looking good.

Good luck.  I'm still undecided if I'm going to focus on this slate.  So much up in the air with injuries.

Also, what's your split on White/Michel?  I thinking both wouldn't be advisable to take down a gpp???
It’s really hard to fit guys in under the cap. I rolled a few .25 single game tix, all have both qbs. 

Brady/Edelman/luck/rogers/turbin

needed to get cheap to fit in a couple wrs

brady/luck/Ebron/Gordon/develin

hoping for a random develin td I guess

Luck/brady/Rogers/gostkowski/Patterson 

i may redo this one with Brady in the mvp

Any thought/research on rolling with 4 high priced players and taking a 0 on a 5k guy? Seems there would be weeks where fitting a few studs would be the winning card.

I had trouble fitting in both QBs too, so dropped down the # of entries and rolled with Luck.  Just doing 4 entries entries, and they basically look like:

Luck, Hines, Rogers, Pats Rb, Gostkowski 

Any thought/research on rolling with 4 high priced players and taking a 0 on a 5k guy? Seems there would be weeks where fitting a few studs would be the winning card.
I think that would be fine in ticket contests paying out 25%+ of the field.  I don't see that winning a gpp, but tonight might be an exception.

I had trouble fitting in both QBs too, so dropped down the # of entries and rolled with Luck.  Just doing 4 entries entries, and they basically look like:

Luck, Hines, Rogers, Pats Rb, Gostkowski 
Same on the two QBs - couldn’t make it work. 

Going with: Luck, White, Hines, Edelman, Turbin

I like Luck to be firing all game since they’ll most likely be behind. Counterintuitive to that I locked up the Indy backfield but I think Hines will get a ton of balls and Turbin I’m hoping for a cheap TD. I think they unleash Edelman right out of the gates as Tommy misses his security blanket. And White is just about as consistent as it gets. 

Also using Hines and Edelman in a Thurs-Sun cash. Again, hard to get a WR1 for mid 6000’s and Hines is just good value when I don’t see as much out there as I like compared to last week. 

I’ve considered it but never tried it. After seeing ~8k players pull a 1 or 2 some weekends it doesn’t seem like a bad idea on paper. I would consider that tonight if I liked Tom more. 

Same on the two QBs - couldn’t make it work. 

Going with: Luck, White, Hines, Edelman, Turbin

I like Luck to be firing all game since they’ll most likely be behind. Counterintuitive to that I locked up the Indy backfield but I think Hines will get a ton of balls and Turbin I’m hoping for a cheap TD. I think they unleash Edelman right out of the gates as Tommy misses his security blanket. And White is just about as consistent as it gets. 

Also using Hines and Edelman in a Thurs-Sun cash. Again, hard to get a WR1 for mid 6000’s and Hines is just good value when I don’t see as much out there as I like compared to last week. 
For what type of contest?

I'm concerned that if White beats Michel, then Brady will exceed Luck, especially if Turbin gets a cheap TD.  Pascal is a cheap option if you like Luck.

Also if Luck is to beat Brady, then addition to having a NE RB, you may want the NE K.

For what type of contest?

I'm concerned that if White beats Michel, then Brady will exceed Luck, especially if Turbin gets a cheap TD.  Pascal is a cheap option if you like Luck.

Also if Luck is to beat Brady, then addition to having a NE RB, you may want the NE K.
Sorry just 50/50. That’s mostly what I play. Yeah I can’t argue any of your points! I think tonight is a tough one. I may put in Pascal and Michel. Will prob come down to last minute, lol. Appreciate your input. 

Sorry just 50/50. That’s mostly what I play. Yeah I can’t argue any of your points! I think tonight is a tough one. I may put in Pascal and Michel. Will prob come down to last minute, lol. Appreciate your input. 
I don't play cash so ignore what I'm saying.

Per FBG the best cash lineup would be

Brady at 1.5x, Luck, Grant, Rogers, Pascal.

Just calculated it, $340 in satellite entries, $5 in regular tournies, and $10 left over from Mon/Thu contests.

Just calculated it, $340 in satellite entries, $5 in regular tournies, and $10 left over from Mon/Thu contests.
Good night...

The $15 resulted in $25.26

The $340 netted 96 $9 tickets, 2 $12 tickets, and 7 ties that will yield cash TBD.  That's $888 worth of tickets.

They said next week's Sunday Milly so I don't know if that means this Sunday or the Sunday after.  If it's this Sunday I have about 140 lineups I need to come up with.  May have over done this.

Didn't come close in the 1 game slate, but it was only $1.  

I think my idea of fading the slate was ok for the most part.  The people who loaded up on the game look tho be sitting at 120 or so, so it's not like last week's output from TNF.  

Just had Michel in 2 of 7 LUs.  On to planning for Sunday! 

So I cashed on 3/5 of my single game entries. They were just .25 entries, and the lineup I used on some SE gpp $1 was the wrong one. But cashing on 3/5 in those huge .25 gpp seems like a pretty good win %. I’m intrigued....

I did one full roster thurs-mom to get some exposure to ebron, so hopefully the rest of my team can beast. By the way, ebron>Luke Wilson, wtf were we thinking cutting him with no backup plan (unless they thought gronk was coming, still stupid). Sorry, venting lions fan.

Ugh, 14% ebron, higher % than I excpected. 24% on white, that seems like a huge number 

I played in 6 satellites for the Sunday Million. I waited until about 5 mins before kickoff to enter in 4 of them. They were $1.50 each but they rewarded 200 tickets and only 820 entered the contest.(not even half full) All 4 of those entries resulted in tickets or the Sunday Million. The other 2 entries didnt.

I did one full roster thurs-mom to get some exposure to ebron, so hopefully the rest of my team can beast. By the way, ebron>Luke Wilson, wtf were we thinking cutting him with no backup plan (unless they thought gronk was coming, still stupid). Sorry, venting lions fan.

Ugh, 14% ebron, higher % than I excpected. 24% on white, that seems like a huge number 
It is, but typical for Thursday.  I think everyone wants to fade in theory, but then you say what if that so and so goes off and I don't have him.

James WhiteoRBIND@NE6600    13.0    13.6     13.3   13.3

Sony MicheloRBIND@NE6600   13.6   13.8   13.5   13.6

Found this interesting.  All four FBG staff members were on Michel over White.  They were right in how close it would be, but  surprising no one had White to outperform Michel.

:lol:

So I picked the wrong night to not do 2qbs then?  Figures.  

I tried some of those one game contests for MNF and MLB and haven't won a tix yet.  Oh well, keep trying...  

I played in 6 satellites for the Sunday Million. I waited until about 5 mins before kickoff to enter in 4 of them. They were $1.50 each but they rewarded 200 tickets and only 820 entered the contest.(not even half full) All 4 of those entries resulted in tickets or the Sunday Million. The other 2 entries didnt.
Good work.

I did one $1.50 that filled to 897.  31 entires, 16 ticketed or $46.50 for $144

The other $1.50 filled to 890.  43 entires, 24 ticketed or $64.50 for $216

The $3 one only filled to 756 and paid 300 tickets.  24 entries, 19 ticketed or $72 for $171.

The other $3 filled to 780 and paid 300 tickets.  32 entries, 23 ticketed or $96 for $207.

:lol:

So I picked the wrong night to not do 2qbs then?  Figures.  

I tried some of those one game contests for MNF and MLB and haven't won a tix yet.  Oh well, keep trying...  
98.1points ticketed in one of the $1.50 contest.  Brady at MVP with Ebron got you to 71.3.  So single QB was successful in some contests.  Brady was only 68% owned.  :loco:

Good work.

I did one $1.50 that filled to 897.  31 entires, 16 ticketed or $46.50 for $144

The other $1.50 filled to 890.  43 entires, 24 ticketed or $64.50 for $216

The $3 one only filled to 756 and paid 300 tickets.  24 entries, 19 ticketed or $72 for $171.

The other $3 filled to 780 and paid 300 tickets.  32 entries, 23 ticketed or $96 for $207.
Maybe you already discussed your strategy, but how many of these entries were duplicated in each contest?  For example, in the first $1.50 contest did you enter 31 different lineups?  Also, is there a percent filled threshold where you wont enter a contest?  Say a contest fills to 75% or whatever will that change your strategy?

Users who are viewing this thread