What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Good work.

I did one $1.50 that filled to 897.  31 entires, 16 ticketed or $46.50 for $144

The other $1.50 filled to 890.  43 entires, 24 ticketed or $64.50 for $216

The $3 one only filled to 756 and paid 300 tickets.  24 entries, 19 ticketed or $72 for $171.

The other $3 filled to 780 and paid 300 tickets.  32 entries, 23 ticketed or $96 for $207.
seems like you always have a bunch of entries to the SM every week. how well do you usually do in the SM with those tickets?

Steeler said:
Maybe you already discussed your strategy, but how many of these entries were duplicated in each contest?  For example, in the first $1.50 contest did you enter 31 different lineups?  Also, is there a percent filled threshold where you wont enter a contest?  Say a contest fills to 75% or whatever will that change your strategy?
I ended up with 24 unique lineups for Thursday, usually it's only about 12.  In the $1.50 I was doubling up on most of the lineups, but skipping some of the ones where I had an oddball script or only entering those once.  The week before when I was using fewer lineups I was doing more entries.  As the clock is ticking, it's more pushing buttons than executing a strategy.

The penny contests I play with reckless abandon and my results of ZERO tickets is the outcome.  These are more to to have lineups ready to go, although I usually end up with a bunch of entries just in case one hits.  Not even sure if these would pay out a ticket in most cases due to the number of ties.

The .25 contests I'm trying to target 80-90% fill, but often they will fill at the end above this.  This single game format is really stupid and basically total luck.  I'll only play money gpp if they are under 90% unless it's a single entry.  I know I can't beat the juice FD is getting.  

The ticket contests seem to be getting the same player ratios as the gpps.  Basically people are putting tourney lineups in a cash type format.  On top of that, I think people aren't up to speed on the double QB format.  Some of that may be gpp chasing attempting to get a non-QB flex that ends up as top scorer.

The $1.50 and $3 contests I am looking to stay under 70% to prevent a potential bloodbath.  I don't want much money in play unless the odds are in my favor.  The $1.50 contest this week took in $1335 and paid out $1800.

Maik Jeaunz said:
seems like you always have a bunch of entries to the SM every week. how well do you usually do in the SM with those tickets?
I've been playing them like cash using Dodd's numbers and cashing at a 50% rate on the year (I think all have been in the $15-$20 range so no big wins).  I have 6x my bankroll with the only major win being a $1 squib for $100.  The bulk has just been grinding in tournies.  I don't know if that's just been luck or if there's an inherent advantage because people are using gpp strategy.  I do know based on reading this thread that the cash lines have been lower many weeks than the cash games.  Have of my cashes have been by 10 pts or less, several under 5 points where they wouldn't have cashed in the the large 50/50s.  Noticed this in NBA at the beginning of the season to where the gpps were softer than the 50/50s.  Eventually that went away.

I'm having trouble getting away from the Phi/Minn game this week in GPP. Atl/Pitts is getting a lot of attention but Phi/Minn might be getting overlooked?

2 of the games I cashed in I took a 0, but had ebron.  One game I cashed without ebron. 2 games I didn’t cash I didn’t have ebron and took a 0 in a slot as well, but didn’t miss the cut line by much. Can we discuss one of the single entry games for the weekend specifically?  Houston Dallas maybe? Here’s my lineup, I’ve put each qb and zeke in the mvp spot for 3 entries:

watson/dak/zeke/Gallup/Jordan Thomas 

$1500 left that doesn’t really get me much. Thoughts?

I'm having trouble getting away from the Phi/Minn game this week in GPP. Atl/Pitts is getting a lot of attention but Phi/Minn might be getting overlooked?
I keep looking at it, but it's harder on FD.  Starting to lean a tad towards the Philly side for the slight savings, but I also like the spot in gpps.  

I have a wentz/ertz/Jeffries stack and run it back with Diggs.  That still left me room for Mixon, Yeldon, and A.Jones.  doing Cousins, Thielen, Diggs left me with a little sketchier RBs. 

My single game entry- both qbs and kickers with Smallwood. We’ll see. 

per routine on Saturday's by now:

Thoughts on cash?

Matt Ryan

McCaffrey, Buck Allen (if Collins doesn't go)

Julio, AB, Keelan Cole

Vance McDonald

Allison (if he's cleared)

Broncos

Thoughts on cash?

Matt Ryan

Julio, AB, Keelan Cole

Vance McDonald

Broncos
Not sure how others think about this construction, but it's opposite of what my instinct is to do in cash, and it usually boils down to touches and RZ looks.  I think Gurley and Gordon would be the same price as Julio and AB.   Gurley and Gordon would probably touch the ball 40 times+ combined on Sunday, but Julio and Brown will get about 20 targets, and actual receptions would be a crapshoot.  I also don't know if it's a good idea to not use 3 RBs in a cash LU.    RG optimizer has Gordon, McCaffrey, and Gurley in their LU, and I think you are putting yourself at a disadvantage if you aren't using 3 in your LU.

My League LU I put in (it's a Sun-Mon slate, so slightly different, but I treat it as a cash+ entry) was:

Carr

Gurley/Kamara/Gordon

C.Davis, Sanu, Jordy

McDonald

Tenn.  

Good work.

I did one $1.50 that filled to 897.  31 entires, 16 ticketed or $46.50 for $144

The other $1.50 filled to 890.  43 entires, 24 ticketed or $64.50 for $216

The $3 one only filled to 756 and paid 300 tickets.  24 entries, 19 ticketed or $72 for $171.

The other $3 filled to 780 and paid 300 tickets.  32 entries, 23 ticketed or $96 for $207.
those are pretty eye-popping results!  please share all your secrets immediately!!

those are pretty eye-popping results!  please share all your secrets immediately!!
Building 143 lineups sucks. I’ve got a new respect for the pros. Of course most of those guys don’t have a full time job, three kids, and rental properties 

I’m taking the week off from dfs after Sunday

Building 143 lineups sucks. I’ve got a new respect for the pros. Of course most of those guys don’t have a full time job, three kids, and rental properties 

Are you using any automation or all individually entered?

Not sure how others think about this construction, but it's opposite of what my instinct is to do in cash, and it usually boils down to touches and RZ looks.  I think Gurley and Gordon would be the same price as Julio and AB.   Gurley and Gordon would probably touch the ball 40 times+ combined on Sunday, but Julio and Brown will get about 20 targets, and actual receptions would be a crapshoot.  I also don't know if it's a good idea to not use 3 RBs in a cash LU.    RG optimizer has Gordon, McCaffrey, and Gurley in their LU, and I think you are putting yourself at a disadvantage if you aren't using 3 in your LU.

My League LU I put in (it's a Sun-Mon slate, so slightly different, but I treat it as a cash+ entry) was:

Carr

Gurley/Kamara/Gordon

C.Davis, Sanu, Jordy

McDonald

Tenn.  
Typically I’d agree with most of what you’re saying but I just don’t see comfort in those cheap WRs in order to accommodate the top RBs this week.  Guys like Yeldon, Buck Allen, Aaron Jones, Dion Lewis, Breida are all so tempting to pay for and then you can get the 2 WRs going against each other in what might just break 100 total points.  

I think you’re setting up to fail with guys like Davis, Sanu and Jordy.  

Typically I’d agree with most of what you’re saying but I just don’t see comfort in those cheap WRs in order to accommodate the top RBs this week.  Guys like Yeldon, Buck Allen, Aaron Jones, Dion Lewis, Breida are all so tempting to pay for and then you can get the 2 WRs going against each other in what might just break 100 total points.  

I think you’re setting up to fail with guys like Davis, Sanu and Jordy.  
:shrug:   The cash lines are skyrocketing, and I think a big reason is that the stud RBs keep killing.   

We are talking cash.  McCaffrey, Gordon, and Kamara have hit 2.5x value 3 of the 4 weeks, and Gurley has been 2.4x or higher all 4 weeks.  Brown has yet to hit 2.5x, and Julio has hit it 2x (albeit without scoring TDs).    I am just curious - why is this the week to go away from the trend?   Sanu has hit 2.5x each of the last 2 weeks, as has Jordy.  I think I might switch from Davis to Boyd.  

ETA:  FWIW, I just looked at 3 different sites' optimizers.  All 3 had 3 RBs going, and all 3 used Gurley/McCaffrey.   The main difference was 1 also jammed in Gordon, and the other two used Mixon/Yeldon and went up to Julio.  

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug:   The cash lines are skyrocketing, and I think a big reason is that the stud RBs keep killing.   

We are talking cash.  McCaffrey, Gordon, and Kamara have hit 2.5x value 3 of the 4 weeks, and Gurley has been 2.4x or higher all 4 weeks.  Brown has yet to hit 2.5x, and Julio has hit it 2x (albeit without scoring TDs).    I am just curious - why is this the week to go away from the trend?   Sanu has hit 2.5x each of the last 2 weeks, as has Jordy.  I think I might switch from Davis to Boyd.  

ETA:  FWIW, I just looked at 3 different sites' optimizers.  All 3 had 3 RBs going, and all 3 used Gurley/McCaffrey.   The main difference was 1 also jammed in Gordon, and the other two used Mixon/Yeldon and went up to Julio.  
you may be right and I don't disagree that it's smart to have 3 stud RB's.  I disagree with your choices at WR for cash games.  Jordy has hit value due to TD's, they're both averaging 6 targets a game in these shootouts recently, which to me doesn't scream reliable when Ryan is throwing the ball 40 times and Carr 50.  They don't give me confidence of doing that each week.  And even when their QB's are throwing a lot 6 targets isn't much compared to their attempts.  

They are both #40 and #45 in terms of most targets by WR's this year so far.  And one of them has a rookie WR eating into that pie.  Sanu is a GPP play ONLY and even that's shaky since I never see him going for multiple TD's.  

Thoughts on cash?

Matt Ryan

Julio, AB, Keelan Cole

Vance McDonald

Broncos
I like Ryan/Julio, McCaffrey and McDonald. I would go Dede over Cole. 

Have only done a few cash LU’s thus far - I prefer larger buyin vs quantity. I play more for entertainment so having dozens of LU’s defeats the purpose for me. 

Goff/Bortles/Ryan

Yeldon/Mixon/McCaffrey/Gordon/Gurley

Dede/Juju/Boyd/Diggs/some combo of Rams receivers

McDonald/Cook

Tenn/Buff

you may be right and I don't disagree that it's smart to have 3 stud RB's.  I disagree with your choices at WR for cash games.  Jordy has hit value due to TD's, they're both averaging 6 targets a game in these shootouts recently, which to me doesn't scream reliable when Ryan is throwing the ball 40 times and Carr 50.  They don't give me confidence of doing that each week.  And even when their QB's are throwing a lot 6 targets isn't much compared to their attempts.  

They are both #40 and #45 in terms of most targets by WR's this year so far.  And one of them has a rookie WR eating into that pie.  Sanu is a GPP play ONLY and even that's shaky since I never see him going for multiple TD's.  
I get what you are saying, and I guess this is why I really dislike cash games, so take my comments with that in mind.   

Sure. See you next week :coffee:  <<<<you putting in lineups on your phone.

Ugh rental properties. Sometimes you get good renters, and sometimes you end up with no appliances and lots of drywall work. 

Anyone adjusting due to the rain in Kansas City?  I live in KC and it’s been a steady rain all day. Looks like the forecast calls for heavy rain at times

Anyone adjusting due to the rain in Kansas City?  I live in KC and it’s been a steady rain all day. Looks like the forecast calls for heavy rain at times
Besides Yeldon I don't have any exposure to this game. If anything Yeldon might get a boost. I don't know...

I keep looking at it, but it's harder on FD.  Starting to lean a tad towards the Philly side for the slight savings, but I also like the spot in gpps.  

I have a wentz/ertz/Jeffries stack and run it back with Diggs.  That still left me room for Mixon, Yeldon, and A.Jones.  doing Cousins, Thielen, Diggs left me with a little sketchier RBs. 
Similarly, I have a Cousins, Theilen, Diggs stack with Jeffries coming back the other way.  I was able to get Conner, Yeldon, and A. Jones in there by going Bargain shopping with McDonald at TE

Similarly, I have a Cousins, Theilen, Diggs stack with Jeffries coming back the other way.  I was able to get Conner, Yeldon, and A. Jones in there by going Bargain shopping with McDonald at TE
Nice.  I have the same game stack as you in another lineup with Mixon, Yeldon, D.Johnson, and the dirt cheap Seattle TE.  

$5 50/50

ben/gurly/yeldon/boyd/kupp/golladay/mcdonald/mccafrey/tenn

$1 sun-mon

watson/kamara/thompson/boyd/hopkins/kupp/mcdonald/jones/rams

freeroll

flacco/yeldon/breida/julio/brown/j brown/kroft/lewis/car

this is the last of my fd bank so need a good week, good luck all!

I was already pretty exposed on Yeldon, which still seems good, at least to the extent it was ever good to begin with. I still have a couple Bortles GPP builds. I’ll keep them in the hopes everyone pivots away I guess. I have a cash build w/ Bortles too. Worrying about that a bit. Maybe pivot to Mariota? But that doesn’t give me warm fuzzies either. 

141 entires in the Milly.  Luckily it was only 90% full so 28% of the entries will cash (albeit $15 on a $9 entry)

If I don't win this week, I am retiring from FanDuel!!!

$34 in...

I’m sitting pretty well right now. Had a lot of MVS and golladay. 2/3 of my single game entries appear to be cashing, both have 4 players and a 0. 

This one has me sitting at 124 with Gurley and cook yet to play. 
This one posted above really has me regretting not playing golladay and opting for Boyd....and neither of the 2 tes have done or did anything. Ah what could have been...till should cash for $20 or so

Single game Sunday night- 

watson/dak/zeke/blue/gallup ftw mix and match

any $5k guys that might get a few points? I stuck Rico in one with Hopkins zeke dak Gallup but maybe should play jarwin instead? 

Single game Sunday night- 

watson/dak/zeke/blue/gallup ftw mix and match

any $5k guys that might get a few points? I stuck Rico in one with Hopkins zeke dak Gallup but maybe should play jarwin instead? 
I’m rolling Coates out because why not. I wanted Watson/Nuk/Zeke. Makes the last 2 somewhat ... speculative. 

After a losing FanDuel season last year, I finally hit a good one with a $1 tournament ticket that netted me 4th place and $600. I've only hit it bigger one other time, and it's amazing how guys can leapfrog over other guys with just one catch. At 187 points, I only needed two more points to leapfrog to the one thousand mark spot, and only 2.4 points to leapfrog to the second-place $2,000 spot.

Users who are viewing this thread