What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver thoughts (1 Viewer)

adamtk421

Footballguy
I'm in a very competitive league which allows waiver additions to be kept indefinitely for the sacrifice of a final round pick (Round 14). Hence, waiver wire is extremely active in the league. Bench is only 4 spots so bye weeks present a real issue however when it comes to stashing players.

This week, i have priority number 2, and following picks are available:

Jeffery, Coutee, Chubb, Cohen, Taywan Taylor, Gabriel, Mariota, Flacco

Who do you think I should pick up and why? I'm clearly desperate for RB help so i'd thinking Cohen but Chubb would be the better longer term keeper if he hits? Boyd/Callaway from my roster below are waiver additions so in play for keeper next year and I'm checked out on McCoy for obvious reasons. 

12 team, 14 Rd keeper league. Players can be kept indefinitely, no special conditions. Lose draft pick for next year per player kept, Max 3 keepers.

Full point PPR, 6 points for passing TD, otherwise standard scoring. RECORD 1-3

Fitzpatrick,

McCoy (Rd 11 keeper), Bernard, Crowell, Allen

Julio (Rd 5 keeper), Tate, Edelman, Funchess, Boyd, Callaway 

Ertz (Rd 4 keeper)

TIA. WHIR

This all depends on what you are trying to do with this pickup.  Are you strictly looking for a last round keeper (I would advise against that)?  Are you looking for an every week starter?  Are you looking for bench depth?  These questions matter more than anything else.

Looks like you need a QB since you don't have a starter.  That seems like picking up Mariota/Flacco as a priority.  If you don't care about that I would go after a RB since that is where you need the second most help.  I am not sold that Cohen is useful.  I think this was a specific gameplan for TB and that he will go back to his previous usage prior to this game (unplayable).  If you are looking for a long game Chubb seems to be a good bet. 

Thanks for your thoughts, i'm interested why you think I shouldn't be aiming for a keeper since ANY player picked up would be eligible to be kept. Alshon Jeffery wouldn't be available in round 14 in next year's draft! Due to this, players on waiver are a valuable commodity as if you find a good long term starter you can set your squad up for years. Players such as David Johnson, OBJ and Kamara are kept at rd 14 value in my league.

I've put a claim in on Flacco (good matchups in the next few weeks) but that will be an easy grab, QB's are low priority in the league and hence won't have an issue getting him.

Take Cohen if you want to go on a roller coaster ride.  I dropped him last week.  I am a little disappointed, but I want consistency and I hate boom or bust.

Chubb is a risk, but that would be my choice. You will hurt in the short term.

Forget the qbs.

Got Chubb and Flacco, thanks all. Jeffery was snapped up at spot no 1, as was everyone else on my list behind me bar Gabriel. 

Users who are viewing this thread