What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Would You Drop? (1 Viewer)

Spectrum

Footballguy
I need to drop 1 to get a Kicker this week.

To make room, should I go for a trade or drop one of these:
Desean Jackson, Lamar Miller or anyone else above?

ESPN 12-team 1pt PPR
I'm in 1st place, 4-0.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WE/TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 5 bench.

QB - Mahomes
RB - M. Gordon, L. Miller, C. Hyde, A. Peterson, P. Lindsay, N. Chubb
WR - D. Hopkins, W. Fuller, Josh Gordon, D. Jackson, Keke Coutee
TE - J. Graham
Def - Jax

I put a lot of $ on Chubb and Coutee last night and only have 36% FAAB left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you're backed into a bit of a corner with Fuller's injury.  You probably should have had this figured out before you bid $ on free agents last night - long term Jackson's value is >> than Coutee.  But with your bidding you did kind of make the choice already to drop Jackson.  He'll get picked up next week and there's a good chance it will come back to bite you.

I guess you're backed into a bit of a corner with Fuller's injury.  You probably should have had this figured out before you bid $ on free agents last night - long term Jackson's value is >> than Coutee.  But with your bidding you did kind of make the choice already to drop Jackson.  He'll get picked up next week and there's a good chance it will come back to bite you.
True, I guess with Fitzmagic gone, I'm leery of Jackson's boom/bust even more than I already was. Do you believe Jax > Coutee even if Fuller is out for a while?

How much do kickers score?  If they are negligible maybe you don't need one?  It could give you time to work a 2 for 1 trade to make room. 

You will be in a bad spot if you drop D-Jax since you have Hopkins, Fuller, and Coutee.  That is going to be an issue for you and is not great roster construction.  I would look to move one of those guys.....and you have Miller.  Jeesh why not trade for Watson and the Houston D and then sign the kicker.  Might as well just go all in at this point...haha

How much do kickers score?  If they are negligible maybe you don't need one?  It could give you time to work a 2 for 1 trade to make room. 

You will be in a bad spot if you drop D-Jax since you have Hopkins, Fuller, and Coutee.  That is going to be an issue for you and is not great roster construction.  I would look to move one of those guys.....and you have Miller.  Jeesh why not trade for Watson and the Houston D and then sign the kicker.  Might as well just go all in at this point...haha
Kicker - we do 30-39 yds = 3 pts etc.

Since I'm in 1st place, it might make sense to punt a kicker this week since I have a good shot to make playoffs.

Yeah, I am def stacking Houston offense. Didn't intend to but I'm afraid Miller's value is at an all-time low.

What about trading Mahomes? (4 pt TD league). Mahomes, Hyde and Miller for Brees and Julio?

Kicker - we do 30-39 yds = 3 pts etc.

Since I'm in 1st place, it might make sense to punt a kicker this week since I have a good shot to make playoffs.

Yeah, I am def stacking Houston offense. Didn't intend to but I'm afraid Miller's value is at an all-time low.

What about trading Mahomes? (4 pt TD league). Mahomes, Hyde and Miller for Brees and Julio?
I have Brees in a league and I am worried about the Saints reverting back to how they finished up last year now that Ingram is back and he might slow down.  I also think Julio is allergic to the end zone.  I also think Hyde continues to be serviceable as the Browns really like him.  I am not sold that Chubb is on the verge of taking over.  Hue Jackson isn't that smart. 

I wouldn't make that deal. 

True, I guess with Fitzmagic gone, I'm leery of Jackson's boom/bust even more than I already was. Do you believe Jax > Coutee even if Fuller is out for a while?
I don't think moving from Fitzmagic to Winston is a net negative.  Personally, I think the offense keeps humming.  I may have some bias here since I drafted Winston, dropped him in week 2, and then picked him up again prior to Week 4 lol.  It's really tough to say with a one week sample.  This isn't an uncommon to see where a player busts out as a one week wonder and then promptly disappears.  There are definitely some positive factors going on with Keke to give hope that he won't be one of those players, but year-long can your roster afford to be so heavily vested in the Houston offense?  

I have Brees in a league and I am worried about the Saints reverting back to how they finished up last year now that Ingram is back and he might slow down.  I also think Julio is allergic to the end zone.  I also think Hyde continues to be serviceable as the Browns really like him.  I am not sold that Chubb is on the verge of taking over.  Hue Jackson isn't that smart. 

I wouldn't make that deal. 
Yikes. I just looked at Brees last year, you're right, they might revert to the efficient run-heavy approach.

What about Matt Ryan?

Owner (Pats homer) has Brady and Ryan. I get Ryan and Mike Evans for Fuller, Miller and Lindsay? (I really don't like Lamar Miller).

or Ryan, David Johnson and Evans for Hyde, Fuller, Gordon and Lindsay or Miller?

He has David Johnson, Hilton, J. Nelson, Sanders, Reed, White, Sanu and Lewis.

I'd then trade Mahomes or Ryan to another owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. I just looked at Brees last year, you're right, they might revert to the efficient run-heavy approach.

What about Matt Ryan?

Owner (Pats homer) has Brady and Ryan. I get Ryan and Mike Evans for Fuller, Miller and Lindsay? (I really don't like Lamar Miller).

or Ryan, David Johnson and Evans for Hyde, Fuller, Gordon and Lindsay or Miller?

He has David Johnson, Hilton, J. Nelson, Sanders, Reed, White, Sanu and Lewis.

I'd then trade Mahomes or Ryan to another owner.
I guess I am not sure why you are in a hurry to get rid of Mahomes.  I would hold tight and ride the wave.  He is legit.  I understand trying to get rid of some of your Houston shares (Miller) but I wouldn't necessarily include Mahomes in any deals.  I also never make deals with the intent to make another deal following it.  If you can arrange to have both deals agreed to simultaneously then fine but I don't trade for a player to then say I can trade this other guy now.  Those never seem to work out as good as you hope it would.

I guess I am not sure why you are in a hurry to get rid of Mahomes.  I would hold tight and ride the wave.  He is legit.  I understand trying to get rid of some of your Houston shares (Miller) but I wouldn't necessarily include Mahomes in any deals.  I also never make deals with the intent to make another deal following it.  If you can arrange to have both deals agreed to simultaneously then fine but I don't trade for a player to then say I can trade this other guy now.  Those never seem to work out as good as you hope it would.
I'm not necessarily in a rush to get rid of Mahomes. I just think he may be overvalued especially now that Ryan is only like 6 points behind thru 4 games. Mahomes may finish as the #1 QB, but will he be that much better than QB's 3-6 and someone like Ryan right there with him?

I'm not necessarily in a rush to get rid of Mahomes. I just think he may be overvalued especially now that Ryan is only like 6 points behind thru 4 games. Mahomes may finish as the #1 QB, but will he be that much better than QB's 3-6 and someone like Ryan right there with him?
Maybe not but it's a pain to trade QB's in most 1 QB leagues.  You never seem to be able to get good value on return.  It just seems like more hassle than it's worth. 

Good luck with week 10 and all your Houston players on a bye. Hang onto Mahomes and get rid of some of your Houston guys while Watson is healthy.

beerbuff said:
Good luck with week 10 and all your Houston players on a bye. Hang onto Mahomes and get rid of some of your Houston guys while Watson is healthy.
It's def not ideal which is why I'm trying to trade Fuller and/or Miller. I offered Hyde, Miller and J. Gordon for David Johnson and Sanders. 

Users who are viewing this thread