What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which LB to roll with? (1 Viewer)

grosx2

Footballguy
Hi all, this is the first year I've had any type of IDP component.  It's pretty laid back; you start one DP of any position, scoring as follows:

Assisted Tackles - 0.75

Solo Tackles - 1.5

Each Sack - 3

Every 3 Total Tackles - 1

Blocked Punt, PAT or FG - 2

Each Interception - 3

Each Fumble Recovered - 2

Each Fumble Forced - 1

Each Safety - 2

Passes Defensed - 1.5

The scoring seems to emphasize tackles and de-emphasize big plays, so I figure the strategy is to go with a three down LB that will rack up tackles.  I drafted CJ Mosley but dropped him for Telvin Smith when he got hurt.  I just picked Mosley back up since he came back strong against the Steelers, and Smith seems to be off to a somewhat slow start.  Fred Wagner is also a free agent right now, four straight games with 10+ tackles.

Of Mosley, Smith, and Wagner, who would you roll with as your weekly guy?  Appreciate any insight...

I would go with Mosely as I think he is proven and Baltimore is playing pretty well.  He looked healthy against Pitt last week so I would go with him.

However, with only starting on IDP player it really isn't a huge issue either way.  It probably has minimal impact and there should be plenty of talent on the waiver wire. 

Mosley is the safest.  Smith is streakier, and more of a big-play guy, so I'd stay with CJ.

I assume you mean Fred Warner?  Bobby Wagner is also a pretty elite talent, but context suggests you meant the SF rookie.  I'd hold off on him till we see how well he co-exists with Foster.

Users who are viewing this thread