What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trubisky vs Rosen (1 Viewer)

Uggh. Glad I have Wentz and Mayfield.

Rosen is naturally gifted but he is so injury prone and may have a soft mellon. I would probably take him because most of his FF playoff games will be in good weather whereas Trubisky will potentially be in bad weather. I lost at least on FF championship because I started Favre at CHI in bad weather.

If Mayfield would have been drafted by New Orleans, I would have taken him with 1 of my 3 1st Rd picks. As it is, I have 2 good QBs but in bad areas of the country for FF playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
To close to call. They both have terrble coaches with bad game plans every week. I'd probably just pass. 

Rosen for me. He had some really impressive throws Sunday, even if his WRs kept dropping them.

To close to call. They both have terrble coaches with bad game plans every week. I'd probably just pass. 
Trubisky put up 60 fantasy points in my league last week, 350+ passing 50+ rushing, 6 tds.  Wouldn't want either as my starting QB right now just yet, but would much rather have Mitch over Rosen.  Nagy also isnt a bad coach wtf you talking about.

Mitchell has a better supporting cast and coaching right now. Rosen may have more talent but there is only DJ confirmed for the future. 

Mitch Trubisky trade for Josh Rosen, dynasty long term keeper.  Who would you choose, and why?
Rosen and it's not close. And I own both. Trubisky panics, a lot, and does stupid things and will overthrow a wr by 10 yards. Rosen made a lot of great throws last week and impressed me. 

JohnN1949 said:
Mitch Trubisky trade for Josh Rosen, dynasty long term keeper.  Who would you choose, and why?
Rosen because he might actually be in the league five years from now. 

voiceofunreason said:
Rosen and it's not close. And I own both. Trubisky panics, a lot, and does stupid things and will overthrow a wr by 10 yards. Rosen made a lot of great throws last week and impressed me. 
Not close lol

Nagy/Helfrich have been bad up until this last game. They script the first 10 plays or so and Trubisky looks great. Then the game plan goes to crap and Trubisky looks bad. They are going to ruin Trubisky. Same tired play calls where they don't disguise what they are doing so nobody is really open. Everybody wants to blame Trubisky but it's the play calling. It's Nagy and his staff. 

Nagy/Helfrich have been bad up until this last game. They script the first 10 plays or so and Trubisky looks great. Then the game plan goes to crap and Trubisky looks bad. They are going to ruin Trubisky. Same tired play calls where they don't disguise what they are doing so nobody is really open. Everybody wants to blame Trubisky but it's the play calling. It's Nagy and his staff. 
You convinced me, I'm throwing in the towel after 4 games.

You convinced me, I'm throwing in the towel after 4 games.
That's a great point but this happened in KC too. It's a larger sample than 4 games. Trubisky being called a bust but nobody is open bro because the offense sucks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
KCC got stale last year under Reid, it was when Nagy took over the playcalling that things got revved back up.

Regardless, it's not surprising that it takes more than 4 games for a young QB, new HC, and new OC to get things synched up.  Perhaps they never do, but this is way, way too early to be giving up on it.  The payout is too big if it hits. 

Regarding the original topic, I prefer Rosen's talent but would take Trubisky if I had to choose between the two.  One of my dynasty rules is to get young QB with offensive minded HC's.  Those guys, if successful, will never lose their (real) OC and never had to learn a new system.  Look at the big boys - Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and Brady being the exception where his OC has been around forever.  The problem with stud QB's under defensive HC is that if their OC does really well, he gets a new job and the QB is likely going to have to learn a new system.  This is why I am banking guys like Wentz, Carr, and Trubisky, there's a lot more potential long term continuity there.

Users who are viewing this thread