What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Franchises/American chains you've never been to or don't care about (1 Viewer)

tommyboy

Footballguy
I'm talking places like Applebee's, Denny's, Olive garden, Wendy's, Red lobster etc.

Second part of the question is what regional chain have you not been able to try due to geography.

My answers are 

Outback

And

Shake Shack

I'm talking places like Applebee's, Denny's, Olive garden, Wendy's, Red lobster etc.

Second part of the question is what regional chain have you not been able to try due to geography.

My answers are 

Outback

And

Shake Shack
Shake shack shakes are worth the trip.

Olive Garden, red lobster and most fast food spots outside of McDs.

McDonalds - because they maintain clean bathrooms throughout the country made available to the public whether customers or not - is the only chain restaurant i do business with if i can help it. The people who operate independent restaurants are among the most dedicated, passionate, creative & overworked folks in the world and every penny of my discretionary food budget goes to them. Plus, the money stays where i spend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been to Arbys or Red Lobster.
both are decent.  I hadn't been to arbys in 20 yrs until last year and liked their new ad campaign.   so i checked it out.   I think i've been twice in the last year, its pretty good.

Red Lobster, been once,  it was real good actually, but also kind of expensive.   

tommyboy said:
both are decent.  I hadn't been to arbys in 20 yrs until last year and liked their new ad campaign.   so i checked it out.   I think i've been twice in the last year, its pretty good.

Red Lobster, been once,  it was real good actually, but also kind of expensive.   
Seriously?

I ate at an Arby's for the first time in probably 20 years last weekend. It was actually pretty great for fast food. Also had a TV playing college football.

Arby’s 

Red Lobster

Sonic

IHOP

El Pollo Loco

Outback

There are a bunch of more regional places listed in here that I’ve never been to either.

Golden Corral
Cici's
Carl's Jr
Jack in the Box
Moe's
Del Taco
Panda Express
Whataburger
Zaxby's
Krystal

EYLive said:
White Castle
You're definitely missing out. Just a piece of advice tho, if you ever get to one, make sure you don't have a long car trip ahead of you. Burgers have a reputation as "belly bombs" around here.

There are so many chains, I don't even think about whether I'm eating at a chain or not and so many good Mom and Pops become chains that...

THIS

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really eat out much at all, and when I do, it's at a handful of local joints. But every few months, I find myself at a Red Lobster when my FIL invites us out to dinner. He's an awesome guy, but we have very different tastes in food (a little odd that we own a restaurant together, I guess).

Last time we were there, it was a 45-minute wait, which I did find shocking. Red Lobster isn't completely awful, but certainly not worth waiting 45 minutes for. They've got a nice racket going, it seems. Plus my wife and SIL both got the never ending shrimp thing and opted for just the shimp pasta alfredo. I couldn't stop thinking about all the money Red Lobster was making on that deal. 

I don't really eat out much at all, and when I do, it's at a handful of local joints. But every few months, I find myself at a Red Lobster when my FIL invites us out to dinner. He's an awesome guy, but we have very different tastes in food (a little odd that we own a restaurant together, I guess).

Last time we were there, it was a 45-minute wait, which I did find shocking. Red Lobster isn't completely awful, but certainly not worth waiting 45 minutes for. They've got a nice racket going, it seems. Plus my wife and SIL both got the never ending shrimp thing and opted for just the shimp pasta alfredo. I couldn't stop thinking about all the money Red Lobster was making on that deal. 
How bout those cheddar biscuits though?

Never been to a TGIF. Closest one to me is about 40 minutes and I’ve been wanting to try but I always end up going somewhere else every time I think about going. 

Never been to a TGIF. Closest one to me is about 40 minutes and I’ve been wanting to try but I always end up going somewhere else every time I think about going. 
I've had several bad experiences to the point I'll never go in one of these ever again.  

If you're real curious just go to the grocery store and get one of their frozen food products.  That's all it is - reheated frozen food.

I'm not motivated enough to think on my own, but scrolling through Sonic and White Castle are the two ones around me I haven't been to.  There's a Sonic down the street, but I've read bad things about it and there's never more than one or two cars there.  I wouldn't rule out going to a different one if the opportunity arose, but I'm not dying to go to one anyway.  White Castle though - #### that.  If there was one where I want to college it probably would have been somewhere in the weekend rotation, but now that the 6 year haze is behind me the window has closed.

I've been to almost everything listed in here. :lol: I guess I dine out too much. 

Have never tried Red Robin, though, because we don't have one anywhere around here.

There are other chain steakhouses that I prefer (Longhorn, for example), but Outback is good for a mid-tier steakhouse, IMO. Everything I have tried there has been good, even their sides. And probably the best deep fried onion in the business. Also did a group project on them in college and it was pretty interesting how they operate as far selecting locations, etc. 

Yeah, all those places are the same.  I giggle whenever I see articles saying that millenials are killing this segment of the restaurant industry.  No, extremely mediocre over priced food is killing that industry.
there are only so many ills that amping the salt & fat content can overcome

We have to drive 30ish minutes to get to any chain outside of McDonald's, but I've been to most.  Never been to Chipotle.  Haven't been to Wendy's in probably 25 years.  It's interesting that we used to have a lot more chain steakhouses 10-15 years ago, but Outback, Ned Kelly's, and Lone Star have all closed.  Now, the chain steak options are Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse.    

Went to Texas this summer so we got to try In n Out and Whataburger for the first time.  

places i've seen  listed that I've been to which are good:

whataburger

Red robin

In N Out

arbys

red lobster

carls Jr

the ones that are bad, imo

Chipotle

Sonic

Long John Silvers

Olive Garden

TGIF  (only reason to go there is order a drink and pick up lonely MILFS)

Golden Corral

Panda Express

Del Taco

IHOP

I've been to almost everything listed in here. :lol: I guess I dine out too much. 

Have never tried Red Robin, though, because we don't have one anywhere around here.

There are other chain steakhouses that I prefer (Longhorn, for example), but Outback is good for a mid-tier steakhouse, IMO. Everything I have tried there has been good, even their sides. And probably the best deep fried onion in the business. Also did a group project on them in college and it was pretty interesting how they operate as far selecting locations, etc. 
Yeah, I like Outback too.  I realize exactly what it is and I'm fine with it.  Took my older boys there in January for their first time and they loved it.  

Also, for as much crap as Outback gets, good luck getting seated right away.  It's ALWAYS packed. 

Last time we were there, it was a 45-minute wait, which I did find shocking. Red Lobster isn't completely awful, but certainly not worth waiting 45 minutes for. They've got a nice racket going, it seems.
People love safe and familiar.

Ive never been to Chic filet, jack in the box, any deli place outside of subway and quiznos. 

Places I've just avoided:  White Castle and Whataburger

Places I've never been around:  Shake Shake and In N' Out Burger

Never been to a Steak n Shake or a White Castle, though I've been to White Castle's evil twin Krystals too many times, all while in college.  :X

Chipotle and I wish there was a Krystal Burger in Wisconsin.  

I'm on the east coast, yet to get a crack at the famous In-N-Out yet. Also always wanted to try a Colver's.
Culvers food is OK, but their frozen custard is awesome! @Underachievers opinion? We go there every once in a while when visiting in-laws near GB.

We were never allowed to go to RR when one of my kids was little. We were visited by the mascot one time, and it scared him to death!!

Users who are viewing this thread