What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (2 Viewers)

Matthews kid seems like he might be good. Might want to lock him down

12 a year?

Can they afford Marner also

So I was a proponent of Wilson getting the big suspension because he’s shown that nothing less is going to change his propensity to head hunt. 

By that’s same logic, is Marchand due a suspension for showing he has no willingness to change his dirty and ridiculously cheap play?

By that’s same logic, is Marchand due a suspension for showing he has no willingness to change his dirty and ridiculously cheap play?
C'mon now.  You know the answer to this question.

ETA:  hope Wilson looks him up.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was a proponent of Wilson getting the big suspension because he’s shown that nothing less is going to change his propensity to head hunt. 

Oh come on now.It took some huge coconuts to go after a player who has never fought and didn't even drop his gloves to fight.Marchand is nothing short of a ####show on the ice,I'm surprised he didn't start licking him when they went down on the ice,

Oh come on now.It took some huge coconuts to go after a player who has never fought and didn't even drop his gloves to fight.Marchand is nothing short of a ####show on the ice,I'm surprised he didn't start licking him when they went down on the ice,
Throwing uppercuts at a guy who still has both hands on his stick while chasing the puck isn’t a great look. Though apparently the Bs coach disagrees:

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy on Marchand going after Eller: "That's good. He's a proud guy. I think Eller celebrated a little on a 7-0 goal. I think that's his prerogative and Marchy let him know that that's not acceptable. That's that and we move on."

Throwing uppercuts at a guy who still has both hands on his stick while chasing the puck isn’t a great look. Though apparently the Bs coach disagrees:

Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy on Marchand going after Eller: "That's good. He's a proud guy. I think Eller celebrated a little on a 7-0 goal. I think that's his prerogative and Marchy let him know that that's not acceptable. That's that and we move on."
Maybe we need to ask coach next time when it's okay to celebrate a goal and let's see if the NHL is really worried about player safety by allowing this crap to go on(from another repeat offender).

I did really enjoy the comment on that's that and we move on.He will have to answer the bell next time they play,I have zero doubt in that and I really hope it's Wilson that comes calling for little Marchy.

Heard last night that 45% of the players in the NHL starting this season are 25 and under.  That seems like a lot but I think that will equate to a faster, more skilled game.

Unfortunately, my beloved Rangers woefully lack in the skill department.  Hopefully they still have speed.

I think banner jokes for the Caps have run their course (which is extremely disappointing as a Pens fan).  

On a related note, when I first saw the thread title I mistakenly read it as "measuring the rafters for 2019 boner" ... thread title change?

Anybody have any insight into what's going on with Alzner being a healthy scratch?  Don't get me wrong - after the initial shock, I was OK with the Caps not re-signing him last year, but we're talking about a pretty solid blue-liner.  Just seems odd.  I didn't keep up with him last year in MTL.  Has he gotten worse?

I really hope it's Wilson that comes calling for little Marchy.
Honestly, that's exactly the kind of thing that I think helps justify Wilson's contract.  Cheap hits aside (yes - I think Wilson's hit was cheap, and he deserved the 20...just hope he learns from it), Wilson's presence on the ice keeps guys like Marchy from doing things like that.  If Wilson was out there, it either wouldn't have happened, or Wilson would've gone after the next guy he saw.

Anybody have any insight into what's going on with Alzner being a healthy scratch?  Don't get me wrong - after the initial shock, I was OK with the Caps not re-signing him last year, but we're talking about a pretty solid blue-liner.  Just seems odd.  I didn't keep up with him last year in MTL.  Has he gotten worse?
Travis Yost‏Verified account @travisyost 23h23 hours ago

Montreal has > 20 per cent of their cap tied up in Shea Weber, Karl Alzner, and Andrew Shaw. Not this year. Long term. I mean it's stunning.

Montreal has > 20 per cent of their cap tied up in Shea Weber, Karl Alzner, and Andrew Shaw. Not this year. Long term. I mean it's stunning.
Makes Detroit's cap situation look positively rosy in comparison, that's quite a feat.

28 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Oof.  That's painful.  I was fine letting Alzner go for that exact reason.  He's VERY 1-dimensional.  There's only a handful of guys in the league IMO that can command those kinds of big contracts being mostly defensive defensemen.  He's not one of them.

The Nylander situation in Toronto sounds interesting. He wants $8 mill a year and doesn’t want a bridge contract. Meanwhile the Leafs are gonna have to pay Matthews and Marner soon. 

The Nylander situation in Toronto sounds interesting. He wants $8 mill a year and doesn’t want a bridge contract. Meanwhile the Leafs are gonna have to pay Matthews and Marner soon. 
it's pretty awesome. he wants Draisatl money.

Leafs trying to pull the shtick of asking their players to take less to allow the team to stay together.

I’m OK with not liking what either Marchand or Eller did last night.

It would have been interesting to see if it was McQuaid who handled things if he still was on the team. I guarantee he would have approached it differently, regardless.

Marchand is just really dumb I think.
His Players Tribune piece last year gave some good insight into how he’s had to approach the game since he was a kid.

I know he did a TV interview earlier this week where he talked about knowing he needs to clean things up, how he has a daughter now, etc. I fear that style of play might just be ingrained in him at this point. Much like it might be for Wilson.

im planning on going to the rangers/oilers game next sat at msg 
super stoked as this has been a life long dream to see the rangers play at home and its a double bonus as its my 2 favorite teams 
if anyone is around , would love to meet up and have beers

my 1st time in new york

I don't understand the Caps not mentioning Trotz in the ceremony last nite. Sure he left, but he went to a team that is paying him 2x more than he was getting here. If you wanted to keep him, make sure he was paid. It seemed a bit bitter.

I don't understand the Caps not mentioning Trotz in the ceremony last nite. Sure he left, but he went to a team that is paying him 2x more than he was getting here. If you wanted to keep him, make sure he was paid. It seemed a bit bitter.
The fans will make up for it when he returns for his 1st game back,I'm positive of that.

I was trying to figure out what Nic Dowd did during the banner photo.  Was he told to just go stand off to the side or did they let him in?  How awkward did that have to be either way!

I was trying to figure out what Nic Dowd did during the banner photo.  Was he told to just go stand off to the side or did they let him in?  How awkward did that have to be either way!
I was finishing dinner when this was on, did they let Tom Wilson out for the picture?

still have 2 tix to join me and cav at rangers v canes in raleigh.  don’t make me donate them to a hospital.

irish eyes said:
Mr. Ected said:
I was finishing dinner when this was on, did they let Tom Wilson out for the picture?
They should have had him standing in a garbage can in the picture. He is trash, the worst of the worst. 
Seems like the Bruins have one two. Hopefully they can play in the garbage together for a while ;)

Users who are viewing this thread