What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (1 Viewer)

Wild beat writer: Fenton says this will look like a good trade if Rask comes in and scores like his upside says he should...Little younger than Nino, center, saves a little money is the reason for the move.

all the sudden Pontus Pilate Aberg is really important.  especially when Fenton moves Coyle for Bobby Ryan or something next week.

I'm going to  :lmao:  when Aberg gets a hatty vs Ducks tonight.  Gotta love seeing Drunk Bob's tradeathon spreading to the rest of the league today.

Did they mention Rask is softer than Charmin?
Analytics aside, what’s troubling to me is I’ve heard Rask is slow, and the Wild don’t need more slow. He is another right shot which we need, as is Aberg.

I like Nino but he hasn’t been passing the eye test for some time now. Injured last year so he gets a pass there of course. I was hoping he would return to a decent 25 goal scorer and dominant puck guy along the boards like he had been. It just hasn’t happened for whatever reason this season.

Like Russo said it’s the old “change of scenery” deal for both players as well as Kloos and Aberg too. 

If we're making fantasy trades, lots of you want Connor Brown on your team, right? He's just 25, scored 20 goals 2 years ago, only making $2.1 million/season.

He's definitely not a fourth line player who the Leafs desperately need to find a taker for to improve their cap situation. :oldunsure:

And if you like him, do I have a Nikita Zaitsev for you...

WTF is up with Taylor Hall? He was "day to day" for ever but he hasn't been on the ice in weeks now and they've said he's out until the All-Star break now but no one seems to know what the injury even is?

Taylor Leier sent to Buffalo for Justin Bailey.

Meh. Bailey is bigger and might have higher ceiling but both guys couldn't stick with parent club.

@charlieo_conn: So Fletcher basically traded a guy he viewed as a quad-A type who was never going to get a shot under his regime for a guy viewed similarly from another team who I'm guessing he likes more.

Taylor Leier sent to Buffalo for Justin Bailey.

Meh. Bailey is bigger and might have higher ceiling but both guys couldn't stick with parent club.

@charlieo_conn: So Fletcher basically traded a guy he viewed as a quad-A type who was never going to get a shot under his regime for a guy viewed similarly from another team who I'm guessing he likes more.
enjoy acquiring Sabres for the next x number of years

not even one example?  the one rumored deal that was public was the Domi deal which even in hindsight with Domi's strong season looked like low return back.  in the offseason it appeared that Fenton was getting lowballed because teams knew the pressure was on him, not the other way around.  so I'm not sure what specific deals you're referring to.

personally I don't get the anxiety, particularly right now.  I mean, if you want to blow it up then that should have been the drum being beaten 2-3 years ago when it was becoming clear what the younger core was materializing into.  it's never been a dominant, league leading team nor will it be but it has been a 100+ point team for several years and while it hasn't materialized in the playoffs sometimes it just doesn't happen.  IMO you ride that while the older core is still productive because there aren't a lot of small fixes unless you get lucky on a hockey deal/are buddies with Chiarelli and frankly I can't really blame an owner for not wanting to tear down a still quality team with a window because that is a painful process.  and from what I've seen this year it's still the same overall process/play that produced in recent years.  yeah it would be great to have a rooster like Tampa and then whine about how you can't win a cup just because you don't have Stan but you don't see teams built that well too often without bottoming out for several years.  and the Wild never did that, instead building off a mediocre team that was mostly producing picks in the high middle of the draft.  good, not great.  tough spot in a difficult central.  probably don't get lucky and make a run but IMO that's where your money is best placed for a little while longer with what they are tied up with.

EDIT- that's what I typed out a while ago before I went into a meeting and forgot to hit enter.  now I see the Nino deal and well, that's the danger in trying to make a hockey trade at this time of year with a guy who couldn't have had a worse last 12 months.  Rask is a decent bottom 6 player but I'm not sure where this gets you and he just signed a new deal so it's not like you're saving cap room there. 
Guys, just trade Coyle(!) to Boston and call it a day.

Fan voting for the Hobey Baker started this week. Not that it matters much in the scheme of things, but Cale Makar is leading the way.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/Ag8XR9qzhU4JW/

@ffldrew I went to the game last week and the guy a couple of seats over who I know a little bit already has a custom-made Makar Avs third jersey. If I can get a pic of it next time I'll share.

Big home-and-home series starting tonight against No. 8 Northeastern. Unfortunately we're getting a Nor'Easter here later tomorrow night.

What's with Buffalo sports that players walk away from the game midseason (Berglund) -- and even midgame (Vontae Davis)?

I really hope that it's not that the quality of beef on weck has gone down. 

Fan voting for the Hobey Baker started this week. Not that it matters much in the scheme of things, but Cale Makar is leading the way.

@ffldrew I went to the game last week and the guy a couple of seats over who I know a little bit already has a custom-made Makar Avs third jersey. If I can get a pic of it next time I'll share.

Big home-and-home series starting tonight against No. 8 Northeastern. Unfortunately we're getting a Nor'Easter here later tomorrow night.
Man, that was fun. Expect a much different game tomorrow night on the road.

Flipped to it last night and it was already 5-0 - Avs need Makar bad. Avs D is running out of gas. They started strong and now can't get puck moving up the ice - Makar could fix that.

DU v CC game last night was postponed because DU bus got caught in blizzard traffic going over Monument Pass. 

NCHC is a dogfight with  DU, St Cloud, UMD and Western Michigan and North Dakota is trying to salvage it's season by making a run through tourney which seems to be only route in for them.  St Cloud is tough to pick against.

About to switch over to Altitude to catch the game tonight v CC in Denver.

Flipped to it last night and it was already 5-0 - Avs need Makar bad. Avs D is running out of gas. They started strong and now can't get puck moving up the ice - Makar could fix that.

DU v CC game last night was postponed because DU bus got caught in blizzard traffic going over Monument Pass. 

NCHC is a dogfight with  DU, St Cloud, UMD and Western Michigan and North Dakota is trying to salvage it's season by making a run through tourney which seems to be only route in for them.  St Cloud is tough to pick against.

About to switch over to Altitude to catch the game tonight v CC in Denver.
Western does not belong in that group despite their record, especially since Allison never recovered from the ACL.  NoDak has strong possession numbers but can’t score and/or get goaltending, happened again tonight.  DU is decent but not as good as their record.  SCSU and UMD are the class of that conference and really the country IMO.  Huskies will probably blow it first round like usual though.

Last edited by a moderator:
dominant.  UMass is a machine.
As expected, a different story tonight at Matthews, though Primeau was huge with 45 saves (UMass outshot them 46-24 ... 84-40 for the weekend 😲). Makar had a chance to win it in the final seconds of regulation but Primeau stopped his partial breakaway after a little bit of a slash. Then Tyler Madden won it in OT on a nice 2-on-1 roof job, though it seems NU got away with a blatant hold on Ferraro that led to the 2-on-1. Regardless, officials let them play and Matthews was rocking with a bipartisan crowd. Really fun game.

Users who are viewing this thread