What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (2 Viewers)

@rick6668

Last night we finished unpacking and found the Canes 2006 Stanley Cup photos on a cd.  These were taken by the team.  Let me know if he wants them since their so old.

Koivu out for the season (career?) with torn ACL.
Oof that's a big blow the Wild. In addition to his skill, he is definitely going to be missed in the face-off possession game, especially in PP situations, where Mikko was always solid. 

One year left on his contract, too. Wonder how he rebounds. We'll see.

@charlieo_conn: Every year in early February: "It's a buyer's market this year leading up to the NHL trade deadline, teams are valuing their picks highly."
Every year some random team: "Here's a second round pick for a player we'll use as our fourth line center! Wooo!"

@charlieo_conn: Every year in early February: "It's a buyer's market this year leading up to the NHL trade deadline, teams are valuing their picks highly."
Every year some random team: "Here's a second round pick for a player we'll use as our fourth line center! Wooo!"
You spelled Nino Niederreiter wrong.

Rangers get a 7th rounder for a guy who shouldnt even be in the NHL. 

Win. I guess
McLeod's family never left Nashville, so it's a "do him a favour" trade.  Plus Zac Rinaldo is out for the year. It's still nothing more than a :shrug: deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Koivu had already lost a step or three so that might be the nail in the coffin with today’s fast paced game.  I always thought he’d carve out a 4th line role and extend his career quite a bit because he’s smart and does all the little things right.  might just come a little sooner now.

hopefully this means Coyle back to center since he’s way more effective there and not more minutes for Rask.  please less Rask.

Canes/Sabres should be pretty good tomorrow. Big game for both teams. 
Sabres, Canes, Flyers, and Rangers are going to be interesting to watch down the stretch, as I could see all four pressing for wildcard in the East.

That said, Sabres and Canes are more likely, IMHO, just from goal differential perspective alone.

Sabres, Canes, Flyers, and Rangers are going to be interesting to watch down the stretch, as I could see all four pressing for wildcard in the East.

That said, Sabres and Canes are more likely, IMHO, just from goal differential perspective alone.
The Rangers arent going anywhere once Hayes and Zuuc get dealt. 

If not for Zibby, Kreider, Zuuc and Hayes this team would be winless in 2019. Trading two of the four will bring them more in line for Hughes than the wildcard. Unfortunately, with all of their stupid shootout wins, they wont sniff a top 3 pick unless they jump. They have the least amount of regulation wins in the league

Next 4 for the Habs should tell us if they are pretenders or actually legit.

Jets, Leafs, Preds, Bolts. 

I may actually watch tonight. 👍

Claude Julien really doing a masterful job with that group imo.
Must be. The talent level is not there but everyone is on the same page.

At this point it they won't be getting a high draft pick so might as well use some of the cap space and plug a need or two.

Damn, the blues just took down the best team in the league on their ice in ot. It’s nice being able to care about their games again and this was a fun one. 

Habs looked good. Could pass the Leafs on Saturday. 👍 (although they've played a couple more games but Still all they talk about here is how great the leafs are) 😉

Oilers game last night made me want to puke.  God bless Boudreau moving Rask to the 4th line.  going down swinging.  Fenton sucks.

While I'm excited about Carter Hart (doo doo doo doo doo doo), I can't get over how bad the Ducks are.

Does Carlyle get fired over Dubuque on the way back home tonight?

Garbage in, garbage out trade but another of Hextall/Hakstol guys being shipped out.

@NHLFlyers: TRADE ALERT: The #Flyers have acquired defenseman David Schlemko and forward Byron Froese from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forward Dale Weise and defenseman Christian Folin. https://atnhl.com/2GhEUe8

While I'm excited about Carter Hart (doo doo doo doo doo doo), I can't get over how bad the Ducks are.

Does Carlyle get fired over Dubuque on the way back home tonight?
Everyone has been screaming for him to be fired since the first losing streak...    one of 8, then 12, and now 7.

Last in the West Conf.

5-game road trip..... 3-9, 1-6, 1-4, 0-4,  2-6.   Total 7-29

We did it!!!

Ducks are 2-15-4 in past 21 games: "You don't expect to have to live through this stuff for this extended period of time." -Randy Carlyle

Great Boston/LA game today. I'm surprised LA isn't better. Kopitar is a beast all over the ice. Love Doughty, but wasn't impressed with him today. 

Anyway, really good game. 

Coyotes dominated the Stars until 3:00 left, when the Stars scored two. Keller looks awesome for Arizona. Twenty years old. Team USA gotta be. They've -- the Coyotes -- got a guy to build with. 

Heck of a Toronto/Montreal game, too. Tavares!  

@charlieo_conn: So the Flyers have now gotten three coaches fired this year: John Stevens (decision was made after loss to PHI), Randy Carlyle, and of course Dave Hakstol.

Sullivan better watch his step.

Not sure Murray taking over is a great idea
27 games left and the team sucks. Prefect excuse to keep losing and get a top 4 pick.  The team desperately needs a young scoring forward. 

Pretty sure they are going to promote Eakins from the SD Gulls.  They just won 18 of 20, and many solid prospects there.  Might not want to interrupt their chances of winning it down there.

Tarasenko with the hat trick today. Blues win 5-4. 

He and Forsberg were dazzling. 

eta* Thought it was a hatter, edited it to two because of a crawl, but it was a hat trick

Guess I haven’t been paying attention but I didn’t know the Ducks were that bad. Wasn’t their goalie playing amazing for an extended stretch? I thought he was the Vezina favorite. 

Guess I haven’t been paying attention but I didn’t know the Ducks were that bad. Wasn’t their goalie playing amazing for an extended stretch? I thought he was the Vezina favorite. 
He kept them afloat for the first half of the year but it wasn’t sustainable given how atrocious the team was in front of him. 

He kept them afloat for the first half of the year but it wasn’t sustainable given how atrocious the team was in front of him. 
yep.   The wear and tear really got to him, and then I think it got in his head.  Just left high and dry countless times per game.

Strome and Domi really coming on since leaving Arizona. Jeez, just think if they'd held on to those guys instead of acquiring veterans.  Next year, they'd be something. As it is, they're Arizona.  

Tarasenko with the hat trick today. Blues win 5-4. 

He and Forsberg were dazzling. 

eta* Thought it was a hatter, edited it to two because of a crawl, but it was a hat trick
Fun game really opened up there in the 2nd period.  Back to back big wins for the Blues against Nashville.

Predators seem to just be chugging along...never really getting on any big streaks either way.  Sort of inconsistent play that lacks any real identity right now.

Fun game really opened up there in the 2nd period.  Back to back big wins for the Blues against Nashville.

Predators seem to just be chugging along...never really getting on any big streaks either way.  Sort of inconsistent play that lacks any real identity right now.
Forsberg's second goal that tied the game was artfully done. Yeah, you guys would seem locked into second in the Central but have played a few more games than the rest.  I love watching Josi and Subban and Forsberg.  

Forsberg's second goal that tied the game was artfully done. Yeah, you guys would seem locked into second in the Central but have played a few more games than the rest.  I love watching Josi and Subban and Forsberg.  
True and Tarasenko completely undressed Josi for the OT winner.

Chicago and St. Louis have won a combined 13 straight and are both right in the playoff mix on the backs of Delia and Binnington, just as we all expected. Could include Philly as well who have gone 10 games without a regulation loss but I think a lot of us actually did expect Carter Hart to be this good.

First round match-up vs TOR would be juicy.
I would love to see Toronto play the Isles in round 1 for the storylines. My first wish though is Toronto/Montreal* in the 2/3 spots, it's been 40 years since these two have met in the playoffs, it's way past due.

I'd also love to see a Calgary/Edmonton battle of Alberta in round 1 but the Oilers seem unwilling/undeserving of looking like anything near a playoff team.

*basically anyone but Boston in round one really

Users who are viewing this thread