What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice said:
Current NHL Leaders

T-1. Matthews 10

T-1. Rielly 10

3. Marner 8

Goals: 

1. Matthews 7

2. Tavares 6

Assists:

1. Rielly 8

2. who cares

3. Marner 6
And they havent played the Flyers sieve of a defense yet.

Northern Voice said:
Current NHL Leaders

T-1. Matthews 10

T-1. Rielly 10

3. Marner 8

Goals: 

1. Matthews 7

2. Tavares 6

Assists:

1. Rielly 8

2. who cares

3. Marner 6
+330 looking like a steal at this point

Kuznetsov is carrying over his playoff performance. Playing with so much confidence and skill right now. Assist to Ovie tonight was ridiculous 

Kuznetsov is carrying over his playoff performance. Playing with so much confidence and skill right now. Assist to Ovie tonight was ridiculous 
Another one. Add in his PK work and maybe he’s a Hart candidate this year. 

brady tkachuk having himself an evening.....
Pretty interesting trivia: the Tkachuks become the sixth combination of a father and at least two sons to score at least one goal each in NHL history:

Howe: Gordie (dad), Mark, Marty

Stastny: Peter (dad), Paul, Yan

Foligno: Mike (dad), Nick, Marcus

Hextall: Bryan Sr. (dad), Bryan Jr., Dennis, Ron  :excited: :lmao:

Patrick: Lester (dad), Lynn, Muzz (sons), Craig, Glenn (grandsons)

Golden Knights record before having Imagine Dragons play an on-ice concert before Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals:

51-31 regular season; 13-3 playoffs

Since the Imagine Dragons concert

1-3 regular season; 0-4 playoffs
I have a new co-worker who posts so incessantly about Imagine Dragons on Twitter that I can’t like them even if I wanted. There is some justice in the hockey world.

Golden Knights record before having Imagine Dragons play an on-ice concert before Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals:

51-31 regular season; 13-3 playoffs

Since the Imagine Dragons concert

1-3 regular season; 0-4 playoffs
There was some magic around last year's team.  I think everyone was playing with a chip on their shoulder because they were given up by their respective teams.  I fully expect they won't come anywhere near the performance they put up last year (regular season record-wise, much less playoff success).  It was fun while it lasted, but I really think a lot of them will return to being "just a guy."

Fat Nick said:
There was some magic around last year's team.  I think everyone was playing with a chip on their shoulder because they were given up by their respective teams.  I fully expect they won't come anywhere near the performance they put up last year (regular season record-wise, much less playoff success).  It was fun while it lasted, but I really think a lot of them will return to being "just a guy."
No, sorry.  Curse of Imagine Dragons is the obvious explanation.

Sweet goal by Brett Howden. That Mcdonagh trade might have worked out pretty good. Pretty pretty good. 

It was a sweet goal though. And Howden is a monster on face offs. He is our Jay Beagle 

If Vegas could just score more goals, and allow fewer goals, that would solve a lot of their problems IMO

Good start for Wings in the lose for Hughes sweepstakes. The can send all eligibles to AHL in February and healthy scratch Larkin, Mantha, Demeyser. Just play everyone over 30 with a 19 year old goalie prospect imo. 

I’m trying to figure out the metropolitan division. Caps obviously favorites then you have a good Columbus team, and what I thought was a good Flyers team. Rangers look pretty terrible, pens look uninterested, and Carolina thinks they’re good. New Jersey is the sneaky dark horse and then there’s the Islanders. Not sure I have a good grasp on that division. 

Atlantic has two really good teams in Boston and Tampa, one underrated team in Florida, and then a huge heap of poop. Even if Habs look better they have to be one of the least talented teams in the league. Buffalo should be competitive but still kinda bad, and the Sens and Wings are gonna be terrible. 

Hard not to see the metro getting five teams in. 

Atlantic has two really good teams in Boston and Tampa, one underrated team in Florida, and then a huge heap of poop.
Toronto?

IMO, top teams in the East are Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Capitals, Penguins, and Blue Jackets.

That leaves Flyers, Devils, Hurricanes, and Panthers to most likely fight over the 2 wild card spots. Most of those teams have serious goalie concerns though that could sabotage their chances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toronto?

IMO, top teams in the East are Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Capitals, Penguins, and Blue Jackets.

That leaves Flyers, Devils, Hurricanes, and Panthers to most likely fight over the 2 wild card spots. Most of those teams have serious goalie concerns though that could sabotage their chances.
Yeah that was a horrible omission :bag:  

Re: Toronto 

issue with them is gonna be the Pens, Caps, and Bruins being teams with a lot of experience and then an Uber talented Bolts team that is also young and with more playoff chops. 

I do like Florida as a real pain in the ### for all these teams. 

the other wild card is Columbus has two enormous pending UFAs in Panarin and Bobrovsky. If they can't sign either to an extension, might have to seriously consider trading them at the deadline, which would likely cripple their team down the stretch. Could be a huge distraction all year, and then losing Seth Jones for 6 weeks at the start of the year isn't doing them any favors either.

Sweet goal by Brett Howden. That Mcdonagh trade might have worked out pretty good. Pretty pretty good. 

It was a sweet goal though. And Howden is a monster on face offs. He is our Jay Beagle 
I said at the time of the deal that the Rangers had definitely bet on their evaluation of a couple of those guys being very different than the consensus. Looking smart so far.

That goal by Sorensen was incredible and right in my face.

I really don't get what to make of this Rangers team.  Such a hot mess.  Coach is healthy scratching Namestnikov and Shattenkirk already 3 games into the season?  WTF.  Hayes is really costing himself a ton of money, he's been invisible,  Just trade him already.  And I love Kreider and am firmly convinced he'd be a star on any team with quality.  He's been a strong 2 way player for years.  But this team is like watching Major League "Who are these guys".  I cringe on every defensive pairing.  I will say Brendan Smith has made a resurgence here early.  Not worth paying him 4.5 million for the next 3 years resurgence, but at least serviceable.  Where has Pionk been?  Deangelo looks like he'll be the next Del Zotto.

Chytil looks like he could be a player, but why have him toil on the 4th line with limited play and not in the minors with Andersson?  These guys are 19 and the "future" and the Rangers going nowhere fast, why bother?  4th line should be grinders, not skilled players, imho.  I dunno, 4 games in and already almost ready to punt this season.  

Damn, that was a fun game to be at last night.  Of course, going 0-8 on the power play, was awful.  

Matthews going to score 50 in 50. Tavares maybe 50 in 54.

So much offence.  So little defence. They're fun to watch even for a hater

Sabres have a Presidents Trophy banner. I assume that's pretty common, along with Division titles.

Regular Season Western Conference Champion seems dumb though.
Oh, I agree.  Was just pointing out that they probably got that particular banner from the Red Wings.

Google search points to Presidents Trophy banners in Chicago, Detroit, San Jose, Ottawa, Edmonton, Vancouver, Buffalo, Washington, and Nashville.

Teams that don't have them maybe never won one, or at least not too recently. Dunno.

Google search points to Presidents Trophy banners in Chicago, Detroit, San Jose, Ottawa, Edmonton, Vancouver, Buffalo, Washington, and Nashville.

Teams that don't have them maybe never won one.
According to some random Deadspin article:

"That the Red Wings, Sharks, and Capitals also have regular season conference champion banners in no way lessens the scorn that should be heaped upon Nashville for this, nor the scorn that should continue to be heaped upon those other teams."

Apparently Nashville is the 4th team to raise a "regular season conference champions" banner.

When I first saw their banners, I was like..... wait... Vegas won the West....  And then I read "regular season."   :lmao:

It's like they made two banners for the same thing.  We need a meme for "Vice-Presidents" trophy

The bolts have almost all their games on tue-thu-sat. Zero that I can recall on a Friday and one last year on a Sunday. Infuriates me they don’t take advantage of 2/3 of the weekend. 
Meanwhile the Pens play a lot of Sunday games (national games) and Saturday night games (local TV).

Pens IIRC don't play Fridays due to HS football and Sundays until after the NFL regular season.

Users who are viewing this thread