What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (1 Viewer)

A trade for UFA Duchene seems odd if they turn around and trade Panarin. Just swapping guys. Figured they were going for it. 
it's been speculated quite a bit that they may trade Panarin and use the assets they get to try and replace him. this way, they don't lose him for nothing but still give themselves a chance to make a run in the playoffs.

if they can get Duchene and sign him to an extension, it probably becomes easier to move Panarin for a huge haul.

I guess I didnt factor Duchene actually staying in Columbus. Not sure why he would do that and not test the market but if that is what you guys are hearing. 

I guess I didnt factor Duchene actually staying in Columbus. Not sure why he would do that and not test the market but if that is what you guys are hearing. 
trading away top prospects for a rental and keeping Panarin would be a disaster for them

Blue Jackets beat reporter tweeted this earlier today (I posted it above):

"A week ago, word around the league is that Matt Duchene would not sign long-term with #CBJ, but apparently that stance has changed in recent days. #Sens"

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick Kypreos‏Verified account @RealKyper 4m4 minutes ago

Hearing Duchene happy to play the role of the rental but as of now no talk about any contract extension between @BlueJacketsNHL and Duchene. Things could change but early indication is Panarin will not be traded in hopes of a long playoff run.
:popcorn:

@HMGreenblatt: Duchene to Columbus is good for Flyers. They take one of the top players on trade market and keep another. Two off the board and Simmonds climbs up

Assuming Panarin stays in CBJ

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I believe it’s a first rounder, Abramov and Davidsson for Duchene and Bergman plus a conditional first to OTT if Duchene signs in CBJ.

So Duchene (rental) and a 2nd Round Pick in Bergman - for a 1st and Abramov (a 3rd) and some Swedish dude who was a 6th and still over in Sweden. Pick seems protected in top 3. Not sure if there is protection on the 2020 1st. 

Hard to say we have a real winner - but CBJ needs to win. I thought Duchene was heading for Nashville and still might in the offseason - he loves country music.

@DarrenDreger: Lots of action on veteran NYR forward Mats Zuccarello.  High picks or a high pick and a prospect expected to be the return.

@SWhyno: NHL says it is monitoring rain forecast but plan is still for Penguins-Flyers Stadium Series game to take place at 8 tomorrow night.

A trade for UFA Duchene seems odd if they turn around and trade Panarin. Just swapping guys. Figured they were going for it. 
I have tickets to Saturday’s CBJ/SJ game. At least I’ll get to see the most talented  CBJ team ever for at least one night.  

A Panarin/Bobrovsky deal is still very likely with CBJ also getting a veteran goalie by the deadline.  

So Duchene (rental) and a 2nd Round Pick in Bergman - for a 1st and Abramov (a 3rd) and some Swedish dude who was a 6th and still over in Sweden. Pick seems protected in top 3. Not sure if there is protection on the 2020 1st. 

Hard to say we have a real winner - but CBJ needs to win. I thought Duchene was heading for Nashville and still might in the offseason - he loves country music.
Dorion, "what is draft pick protection?"

@DarrenDreger: Washington acquires Nick Jensen from Det
@DarrenDreger: For Madison Bowey and a 2nd in 2020 https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1099025277127147521
A 2nd feels a little high, but Bowey is legitimately terrible. Wouldn't surprise me if Jensen starts in 3rd pair, but maybe moves up to replace Niskanen as the right-hander in the second pair.  

Enjoyed last night's game in TO and feel like with about 20 games left the Caps are about to step on the gas and see if they can start playing championship-level hockey again. They've been kind of cruising most of the season. To me that lack of genuine effort has shown up most on the PK which has been truly terrible. So I loved the addition of Hegelin there, and now they've shored up the D which has been lackluster all year. If nothing else, they've taken a couple of low-risk steps toward plugging their biggest holes and look to be a better team than they were 2 days ago.

A 2nd feels a little high, but Bowey is legitimately terrible. Wouldn't surprise me if Jensen starts in 3rd pair, but maybe moves up to replace Niskanen as the right-hander in the second pair.  

Enjoyed last night's game in TO and feel like with about 20 games left the Caps are about to step on the gas and see if they can start playing championship-level hockey again. They've been kind of cruising most of the season. To me that lack of genuine effort has shown up most on the PK which has been truly terrible. So I loved the addition of Hegelin there, and now they've shored up the D which has been lackluster all year. If nothing else, they've taken a couple of low-risk steps toward plugging their biggest holes and look to be a better team than they were 2 days ago.
Well said - I've been waiting for Bowey to turn the corner...first last year, then this year when he started getting ice time.  He's been....lack-luster.  I'm fine with him going.  I don't know much about Jensen, but it can't be worse than Bowey.  The only thing that hurts a little is the 2nd - but we'll see what happens.  

LOVE the Hagelin move.  He's been a PITA in the playoffs - now he's our PITA.

@billmeltzer: Brian Elliott will start in goal tomorrow night for the Flyers. Gordon said it came down to, if it was just another game, he'd go with Elliott. Hart has some things to clean up after last 2 games.

### #### Wild, they’re going to stand pat after those wins now aren’t they.  classic half measures to sit in the middle. 

@billmeltzer: Per Flyers, Carter Hart has a lower-body injury that will keep him a minimum of 10 days. Cam Talbot will back up Brian Elliott in the Stadium Series.

@billmeltzer: Gordon said last night that Hart's next start would be on Tue or Thurs, and there was certainly no hint from Carter that he had an injury. So I have no idea when the injury occurred or was diagnosed.

CBJ going for it

@FriedgeHNIC: CLB/OTT deal is Dzingel and Calgary7th (OTT owns) in 2019 for 2 2nds and Anthony Duclair

Lumbus moves potentially two firsts, two 2nds, a couple prospects one of which is decent, Duclair and is for sure losing Panarin and Bob next year.

that’s how you go all in.

I love that orange fur ball. We had Township day here back in October in my town and Gritty was a surprise there. This was back in Oct almost a month since he was introduced and he was throwing candy and hit my co worker in her face. Gritty tried to apologize until I told him no don't she's a penguins fan and likes Crosby. On top of that to ice the cake I said Gritty she's also a Patriots fan and loves Brady. Next thing I know Gritty grabs a handful of candy and wounds up and fires a fastball at her. It was great. 

Users who are viewing this thread