What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you rank the top 20 RB's from draft day now? (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
I will use the prices from the subscriber contest as a ranking guide, but how do you rank these guys for the rest of the season?

Gurley, Bell, Elliott, Kamara, Johnson, Gordon, Hunt, Fournette, Barkley, Cook, McCaffrey, Freeman, Howard, Mixon, Collins, Drake, McCoy, Henry, Ajayi, Ingram

I left McKinnon & Guice off the list, but did leave Bell on

I would rank them using my leagues scoring as they stand right now.  
Perhaps you didn't read the end of the first sentence in my post?  

I will use the prices from the subscriber contest as a ranking guide, but how do you rank these guys for the rest of the season?

Gurley, Bell, Elliott, Kamara, Johnson, Gordon, Hunt, Fournette, Barkley, Cook, McCaffrey, Freeman, Howard, Mixon, Collins, Drake, McCoy, Henry, Ajayi, Ingram

I left McKinnon & Guice off the list, but did leave Bell on
I assume Freeman is somewhere around RB80 in your league right now, and Ingram has yet to play.  I asked from this point forward, not from this point backwards.

Perhaps you didn't read the end of the first sentence in my post?  

I assume Freeman is somewhere around RB80 in your league right now, and Ingram has yet to play.  I asked from this point forward, not from this point backwards.
I think it was just a failed attempt to be funny. 

As for me, I'd have Kerryon Johnson on there somewhere. Probably after Mixon and ahead of the Drake, McCoy tier. 

1.  Gurley

2.  Kamara

3.  Gordon

4.  Zeke

5.  Mccaffery

6.  Barkley

7.  Hunt

8.  Mixon

9.  Bell

10.  Johnson

11.  Ingram

12.  Freeman

13.  Cook

14.  Howard

15.  Fournette

16.  Ajayi

17.  Collins

18.  Drake

19.  Mccoy

20.  Henry

In Full PPR, Mccaffery could be 3 or 4.  Bell probably shoots up once he's back and shakes off the rust.  The fact that he's not going to play until week 8 pushes him down for me.

Freeman is hard to place.  I don't think they're doing a great job of using the backs.  Coleman hasn't looked stellar.  

Cook...I just don't know.  He's talented.  But the hamstring seems likely to linger.  The offensive line hasn't been great.  Love the talent, hate the way things have gone.

Fournette--when healthy he's top 10.  Will he stay healthy this year?  When is he back?  

Collins cant' hold onto the football, Buck Allen is looming.

Drake can't get carries, Gore looming

Mccoy also not getting a lot of work, but I think at 30 he's still the more talented back compared to Henry.  I think his pass catching will come on stronger as the season progresses.  

I'm a titans fan, and I just don't love Henry for fantasy.  He's not going to catch passes.  He hasn't been terribly effective.  Lewis is what people thought he would be.

I think OP is asking specifically about the top 20 from Draft day.

I'd probably put Michel about #10 ahead of David Johnson

Hyde is probably around 16 or 17 IMO.  Production has been rock steady, but the world knows Chubb is looming.

1.  Gurley

2.  Kamara

3.  Gordon

4.  Zeke

5.  Mccaffery

6.  Barkley

7.  Hunt

8.  Mixon

9.  Bell

10.  Johnson

11.  Ingram

12.  Freeman

13.  Cook

14.  Howard

15.  Fournette

16.  Ajayi

17.  Collins

18.  Drake

19.  Mccoy

20.  Henry

In Full PPR, Mccaffery could be 3 or 4.  Bell probably shoots up once he's back and shakes off the rust.  The fact that he's not going to play until week 8 pushes him down for me.

Freeman is hard to place.  I don't think they're doing a great job of using the backs.  Coleman hasn't looked stellar.  

Cook...I just don't know.  He's talented.  But the hamstring seems likely to linger.  The offensive line hasn't been great.  Love the talent, hate the way things have gone.

Fournette--when healthy he's top 10.  Will he stay healthy this year?  When is he back?  

Collins cant' hold onto the football, Buck Allen is looming.

Drake can't get carries, Gore looming

Mccoy also not getting a lot of work, but I think at 30 he's still the more talented back compared to Henry.  I think his pass catching will come on stronger as the season progresses.  

I'm a titans fan, and I just don't love Henry for fantasy.  He's not going to catch passes.  He hasn't been terribly effective.  Lewis is what people thought he would be.
Great list. A few thoughts:

I think Melvin Gordon is my pick to lead the NFL in TD's. He gets at least 1 shot, every time they get in the redzone. 20 TD's is realistic for him. I'd have him ahead of Kamara going forward, as several of his TD's would likely have been Ingram's.

I think Josh Rosen is good, light years better than Bradford was. David Johnson has looked as good as ever on tape, just the offense round him was/is holding him back. Personally, I'd still argue him as a top-5 RB, with the caveat that it really drops off after the top-4. Johnson is still on pace for 12 TD's, and that number could rise, because he has 3 of their 5 team TD's. That ratio might be sustainable, and they aren't gonna finish the season with just 20 TD's as a team.

Devonta Freeman is a guy I've been heavily targeting in trades. I don't think people realize how bad Coleman has been, and how many chances he's squandered. He should have had 4-5 TD's these last 3 games, he's had 1. He can't run at the goal line at all, where as Freeman is great at that. Matt Ryan has had several TD's, that should have been rushing TD's, but Coleman just couldn't do it. I believe Freeman could have. He's right there with guys like McCaffrey and Barkley for me, because while he'll likely do less as a receiver than they will, he should easily out TD them both. 

Users who are viewing this thread