Maurile Tremblay

Week 5 injury thread

62 posts in this topic

Ajayi was out late, I thought the commentators said he was hurt.  Not seeing anything definitive on twitter/elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Sandeman said:

Any new info? Looked odd.

Jay Glazer says he's fine on The OT.

Edited by scottybo
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

ignore. Frustrated about Lamar Miller. 

Edited by Zow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Zow said:

ignore. Frustrated about Lamar Miller. 

I feel you. Hopefully he has a job next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoBirds said:

I feel you. Hopefully he has a job next week. 

Everything I read on here suggested he was gonna play and get about 10. Benched guys that probably won me the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zow said:

Everything I read on here suggested he was gonna play and get about 10. Benched guys that probably won me the week. 

I sat him but what a frustrating player, he’s been “due” for a couple years now. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything at all in terms of injury with the following players, or did their teams just simply and utterly fade them:

Amari Cooper - 1 target, 1 reception, 10 yards. Someone in a thread mentioned a potential foot injury? Most were citing Carr simply not looking his way.

Doug Baldwin - 1 target, 1 reception, 1 yard. His second game back from injury, did he re-injure either of his bum knees? A whole leg fall off? Just a flesh wound, I'm sure....

Alshon Jeffrey - 8 targets, 2 receptions, 39 yards. I know it was the Ertz show this game, but seems like Alshon had opportunities, but that's horrendous production for the number of targets. I have to think it was due to injury, otherwise I'd seriously start question whether this guy can be depended upon in an offense that just seems off this year.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zow said:

ignore. Frustrated about Lamar Miller. 

i couldnt help but laugh that Blue got 6 or so receptions tonight... i think lamar miller has 6 all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re Jeffery, the Eagles’ O-Line played very poorly and gave Wentz no time to throw downfield. I didn’t notice any injury issues there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Kittle got banged up but was still in the game late, anyone know anymore about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Anything at all in terms of injury with the following players, or did their teams just simply and utterly fade them:

Amari Cooper - 1 target, 1 reception, 10 yards. Someone in a thread mentioned a potential foot injury? Most were citing Carr simply not looking his way.

Doug Baldwin - 1 target, 1 reception, 1 yard. His second game back from injury, did he re-injure either of his bum knees? A whole leg fall off? Just a flesh wound, I'm sure....

Alshon Jeffrey - 8 targets, 2 receptions, 39 yards. I know it was the Ertz show this game, but seems like Alshon had opportunities, but that's horrendous production for the number of targets. I have to think it was due to injury, otherwise I'd seriously start question whether this guy can be depended upon in an offense that just seems off this year.

I'm pretty sure that Baldwin was playing the expected number of downs, the flow of the game simply didn't include him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AP just had his legs amputated thanks to Alex Smith, so...

:doh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Reed's snap count seems awfully low. Keep seeing a lot of Vernon Davis. Sorry. Wrong threas

Edited by chad in Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

AP hurt???

seen him on sideline holding his arm with trainers looking at it.

Edited by Reservoir Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need 4 more points from AP... take the needle, brah!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's fine .he's on the sideline helmet on but there in throw catch-up mode so it's Thompson time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Reservoir Dog said:

AP hurt???

seen him on sideline holding his arm with trainers looking at it.

He dislocated his shoulder during the game, but it popped back into the socket.   

Peterson said he's fine in the postgame interview.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dcgangstas said:

He dislocated his shoulder during the game, but it popped back into the socket.   

Peterson said he's fine in the postgame interview.  

per rotoworld they're doing an MRI today. 

He played well after the injury, but team decided to keep him out. Smart - I've dislocated my shoulder - it is not a pleasant experience. Feels much better after it's back in, but there could be labrum or rotator cuff damage. I'm sure that's what they're scanning for. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember all the grief Fred Taylor took for being “fragile”? “Fragile Fred” played through so many injuries & IIRC had one really bad injury shortened season, with several other very productive ones. Sure he missed a game or 2 here and there - most RBs do.

But looking at Rotoworld uodates, seeing guys like Davonte Freeman, Sony Michele, Gio Bernard, etc, etc, etc and feel like it’s laughable that we considered Taylor such an injury prone dude. 

I can’t help but marvel at how just 10-15 years ago there were so many iron man RBs to the point that the fantasy community would ridicule a dude for getting a little dinged up. 

Tbh I kinda miss those days. The game has definitely changed. I just wonder why seemingly so many more players miss time to injury these days. 

Back in the day if the injury description didn’t start with [broken] or [torn], it’s a good bet that player would be listed as probable & suit up the next week. 

/rant

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.