What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any one have more RB busts than me? (1 Viewer)

madoka

Footballguy
I drafted:

- L. Bell

- D. Cook

- L. McCoy

and picked up off waivers:

- J. Conner

- L. Fournette

- N. Chubb

Is there a RB bust that I somehow missed?  :wall:

Conner is no bust.  Chubb (who I just picked up) is a lotto ticket.  Fournette (who I have also) is very injury prone, but picking him up off waivers? Is this an 8 team league?  You knew the risk with McCoy and Bell, but Cook (who I also have)?  How do these guys come from the offseason and injure themselves in practice?  How does this happen?  

How in the heck did you get Fournette on waivers?  He is not a bust at all at that price tag and is probably still going to give you significant value.  As for the others:

• Bell was threatening hold out and his price tag was built into that.  You knew the risk.
  • Cook was coming off a major knee injury and many times there are cascade injuries that come from that as the body is trying to compensate for some possible weaknesses.  He was risky to draft.
  • McCoy had all kinds of off season red flags as well as a team that was thought to have the worst offense in the league.  This was another risk that panned out to hit the floor of his risk-reward matrix.  Not a surprise.
  • Conner has performed much better than anyone could have expected.  He is been basically a RB1 for almost every week.  How is he a bust?
  • Chubb is just a dart throw hoping for an injury.  He is doing as expected as long as Hyde stays healthy.  He hasn't panned out.......yet.  That could change with one injury.

Cook has been a bust, but had they not played him on that Thursday night game i think he would've been back close to 100% now. Didn't really understand that decision when they didn't give him much work anyway. Considering you have Connor to fill in for Bell and got Fournette off waivers somehow i don't think you can really be too disappointed. McCoy was a super risky pick this year. I avoided him in every draft with my only intention on taking him being if he fell well below ADP. 

I would hope you didn't draft Chubb thinking he was just going to come out and blow up with Hyde in front of him. He is an injury away from being a legit fantasy RB, but if you consider him a bust you didn't have that backfield properly evaluated. 

As a 49ers I have always been fond of Hyde and his powerful running style, but he will get injured. It is the way he plays and he is not one to brush off and play through an injury. Many times I saw Hyde hurt his hand after a tough collision and signal to the bench to come out for the rest of the drive. 

Once this happens it will open the door for chubb to get more and more work, If Hyde comes down with anything significant or nagging Chubb will get a legitimate chance to produce along the lines of a Royce Freeman floor in what looks to be a better offense that gives a lot of GL carries. I do not wish Hyde any injuries as I really like him but he is amongst the most injury prone type players making Chubb one of those MUST Adds as RB this year as a bench staff if you can. 

It is so hard to predict good volume and GL touches this year, Hyde has been blessed with the 2nd most rushes in the league.... and a ton of GL work. 

Users who are viewing this thread