Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

We’ve got until 2030 to get climate change under control: UPDATE: Trump says he has read latest report; he doesn’t believe it.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

This post doesn't really make sense.  Who would buy a house underwater?  Aquaman?

Right, this is why “People whose properties will be damaged by rising sea levels can just sell their houses and move” is not actually a solution. You can’t sell when there are no buyers.

• Like 2

Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

Right, this is why “People whose properties will be damaged by rising sea levels can just sell their houses and move” is not actually a solution. You can’t sell when there are no buyers.

If the general consensus is we need to find a way where every person on the planet is not affected economically, or other ways, well good luck with that.

Change will happen.  Yeah..Someone may lose their home...Maybe it was insured when it was destroyed by a hurricane.  Maybe something else.   Stop with the "if one person loses, we all lose"  That's baby talk.

3 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

It’s not just one person.

I get it.

It just seems...that climate change pundits pick and choose what they want to listen to.  They want to accept climate change and get mad when people say "I don't believe that"  But when someone says that climate change has caused irreversible damage to the planet and that its way past the point of fixing, they throw up their hands and say "I don't believe that"

It's selective acceptance and I still say my opinion has more footing.  Spend energy and resources on adaptation..better buildings, better more efficient methods of farming, etc etc..Let the other guys figure out how to make the cleaner and cheaper energy sources viable.  If they can't figure it out, we are well on our way to being able to adapt to the new reality.  And we can sell that technology to them.  

33 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Adaptation will save millions of lives

And prevention will save millions more.

It's almost as if you're bending over backwards to ignore the facts just because you don't want to admit us pesky liberals have been right all along.

Almost.

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

And prevention will save millions more.

It's almost as if you're bending over backwards to ignore the facts just because you don't want to admit us pesky liberals have been right all along.

Almost.

I think you missed my point.  Yeah, you missed it.   It's almost like you don't really read anything you are just interested in hitting the reply button

Edited by supermike80

29 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Still haven't seen anything that shows us that we are causing global warming.

Read the section on physical science in the Fifth Assessment Report by the IPCC, based on 9,200 peer-reviewed studies (or a summary of it on Wikipedia).

ETA: Or this from the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24292615

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I think you missed my point.  Yeah, you missed it.   It's almost like you don't really read anything you are just interested in hitting the reply button

Yeah, I read your point, it just doesn't make any sense. You're all over the place.

And that's because you're desperately trying to avoid the simple fact that we need to get to work on this stuff NOW, because of your political affiliation most likely.

Just now, Skoo said:

Yeah, I read your point, it just doesn't make any sense. You're all over the place.

And that's because you're desperately trying to avoid the simple fact that we need to get to work on this stuff NOW, because of your political affiliation most likely.

Nope.  Not the point.