What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver wire pickups for week 6..... (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Didn't see a thread for it, or I can't seem to find it now if there was one. (If there is, just link and close this one)

Looking like a bleak week so far.

ALFRED MORRIS -  (If not already rostered, he was dropped in one of mine last week)  Breida got nicked up, but it doesn't sound serious.

DAVID MOORE -  Err, you might not have ever heard of this guy, he is a Seattle WR, who has apparently passed Brandon Marshall on the depth chart. Can't say I'm exactly excited, on what may be the WR3 for Seattle, but todays 2 TDs may at least put him on the radar. DOUG BALDWIN  is supposed to be healthy now, but apparently needs an all points bulletin out on him now after this "one catch for one yard sparkler" he posted today.

MIKE DAVIS - He was likely snagged in your leagues last week, but only owned in 19% of yahoo leagues so he is definitely out there.  Looks like a bit of a Seattle RBBC, but you can't argue with his numbers the last 2 weeks. He did get virtually ALL the work last week, but this week in a timeshare still picked up 12 for 68 and a TD.   Deserves to be rostered at least.

It should go without saying, but JAMEIS WINSTON should be owned now. He's still owned in less than 20% of Yahoo leagues, so he is out there too. Here is one you should have snagged 10 days ago.

There is virtually nothing available this week, who all have you got???

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Olsen (If dropped).  Maybe last week was the better time.  I would have but my only droppable guy had to go to a bye week replacement for the Bears D.

Now I have a zero drop and Olsen May be the only one I target (pretty happy with Kittle)

Ronald Jones as a flyer. Seemed to get the biggest workload for the Bucs the week before their bye, maybe they come out from it looking to get him installed as the fulcrum of the running game ( what exists of it ). 

Most likely not startable for a while but has a fantastic matchup this week against Atlanta. 

I picked him up and dropped Gio just before this weeks matches started 

There's a chance Rishard Matthews is signed this week. I don't know if you pick him up off waivers, but after that I'd take a FA flyer on him.

Kyle ... I'm not spelling his last name but he's a FB on the 49ers. With Breida out a few weeks he should get a lot of passing work and a few token carries.

TE Geoff Swain is a name in deeper leagues since you know Dak isn't throwing many balls deep to WRs.

Also you gotta look at the Green Bay rookie WRs if Cobb and Allison don't get cleared... WRs Marquez-Valdes-Scantling,  Equanimeous St. Brown and in very deep leagues Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace.  :P

I'm looking at D'onta Foreman - he's on schedule to comeback in week 7 according to this article.  He was on the cusp of winning the job last year when he got hurt, and Miller / Blue aren't setting the world on fire.  Getting him this week will be free as next week there will be more talk about him I'm sure.  I have a deep bench and room for another speculative RB so he's my target this week.

in redraft, can someone clue me in as to what value christian kirk has? especially in the year of WR scoring? that offense is a dumpster fire and he'll be a dart throw ROS.

In my league anyway, the top FA adds might be guys that other teams have given up on... Derrick Henry, Lamar Miller, Robby Anderson, Crowder, etc.

In my league anyway, the top FA adds might be guys that other teams have given up on... Derrick Henry, Lamar Miller, Robby Anderson, Crowder, etc.
That is good logic on 3 of those 4...Why did someone give up on Robby Anderson after 125 and 2 tds? Were you expecting more?

To add to the WW targets, I'll add to the commentary with players likely rostered that you would drop for the ww darlings:

• R. Penny - worth a hold in Dynasty/ keeper leagues still, but I don't foresee any redraft value in his immediate future
  • Crabtree - thought he could be the redzone threat, but he's just not doing much. I'd happily drop for the upside in Kirk, Coutee, heck, even T. Taylor
  • L. Murray - on the fence about this one, but he's had a few chances to take advantage of Cook's absence and has yet to capitalize
  • Duke Johnson - even in PPR he seems to have limited value/ upside this year
  • L. Miller - Yes, he's still the "starting RB" in HOU, but i wouldn't knock anyone for cutting bait on him
  • J. Wilkins - Mack is supposedly getting healthier, but he's simply not seeing the touches/ production in Indy.

These are a few that come to mind

To add to the WW targets, I'll add to the commentary with players likely rostered that you would drop for the ww darlings:

• R. Penny - worth a hold in Dynasty/ keeper leagues still, but I don't foresee any redraft value in his immediate future
  • Crabtree - thought he could be the redzone threat, but he's just not doing much. I'd happily drop for the upside in Kirk, Coutee, heck, even T. Taylor
  • L. Murray - on the fence about this one, but he's had a few chances to take advantage of Cook's absence and has yet to capitalize
  • Duke Johnson - even in PPR he seems to have limited value/ upside this year
  • L. Miller - Yes, he's still the "starting RB" in HOU, but i wouldn't knock anyone for cutting bait on him
  • J. Wilkins - Mack is supposedly getting healthier, but he's simply not seeing the touches/ production in Indy.

These are a few that come to mind
Agree:

Penny- I hope someone in dynasty drops so I can add someone that may get a shot.  Actually not sure if that helps me not that I am typing this out.

Crabtree- always a great producer. Good win now add

L. Murrary- D. Cook always seems to be hurt so good handcuff.

L. Miller- for free sure he will probably be preferred starting RB here

Disagree:

Duke Johnons- not sure he is worth anything this year or ever

J. Wilkins- he is nothing.  Mack is the only one that can touch Hines' starting role or eat into his carries.

Agree:

Penny- I hope someone in dynasty drops so I can add someone that may get a shot.  Actually not sure if that helps me not that I am typing this out.

Crabtree- always a great producer. Good win now add

L. Murrary- D. Cook always seems to be hurt so good handcuff.

L. Miller- for free sure he will probably be preferred starting RB here

Disagree:

Duke Johnons- not sure he is worth anything this year or ever

J. Wilkins- he is nothing.  Mack is the only one that can touch Hines' starting role or eat into his carries.
just to clarify, All the players I listed above were players I assumed were already on teams who I would drop this week for WW darlings/ bye week fillers.

The only ones I'd be closer on the fence with are Miller and Crabtree - Sure Crabtree has always been a high-floor producer, I'm just not seeing it this year. And Miller....well, he's still the #1 on the team. that's about all the positive I can say about him.  

That would be fine, but top FA adds doesn't really care when they were added to the Waiver Wire just that you now have access to them.

That is good logic on 3 of those 4...Why did someone give up on Robby Anderson after 125 and 2 tds? Were you expecting more?
I think you're confused here.  RA was dropped in many leagues over the last few weeks.  Therefore, he is available in many leagues this week and could be someone worth looking at to pick up.  Those were names of players that might have been dropped and currently be on waivers.

I don;t know if there is much value for Penny even in keeper. Maybe dynasty. I mean I read somewhere that Carson has a cheap contract for the next 3 years. Mike Davis is cheap too. It seems like Penny is not one but two injuries away from having any value whatsoever this year and possibly beyond.

I think you're confused here.  RA was dropped in many leagues over the last few weeks.  Therefore, he is available in many leagues this week and could be someone worth looking at to pick up.  Those were names of players that might have been dropped and currently be on waivers.
Not confused at all.  There may be some leagues, but not many league outside of 18 or less leagues he could have been dropped in.  thanks for checking on me about my confusion though

Not confused at all.  There may be some leagues, but not many league outside of 18 or less leagues he could have been dropped in.  thanks for checking on me about my confusion though
Pretty sure you are.

You said "Why did someone give up on Robby Anderson after 125 and 2 tds?"

The 125 and 2 happened YESTERDAY.  Waiver pickups this week are for players who were dropped before this week and would be available to pick up this week.  Robby was possibly dropped before this week (aka, wasn't dropped after 125 and 2)

Pretty sure you are.

You said "Why did someone give up on Robby Anderson after 125 and 2 tds?"

The 125 and 2 happened YESTERDAY.  Waiver pickups this week are for players who were dropped before this week and would be available to pick up this week.  Robby was possibly dropped before this week (aka, wasn't dropped after 125 and 2)
I suppose I look at picking up waiver pickups after the week of NFL action.  What I see is that if he was rostered he shouldn't be dropped. Sure if he was dropped in Weeks 1-5 pick him up.

I suppose I look at picking up waiver pickups after the week of NFl action.  What I see is that if he was rostered he shouldn't be dropped.  sure if he was dropped in Weeks 1-4 pick him up.
Correct.  After this week of NFL action, he is a good waiver pickup.  Hence why his name is mentioned in this thread as a good waiver pickup.  The thread is for people you should pick up, not people you should drop.  Honest mistake though.

Correct.  After this week of NFL action, he is a good waiver pickup.  Hence why his name is mentioned in this thread as a good waiver pickup.  The thread is for people you should pick up, not people you should drop.  Honest mistake though.
It is not an honest mistake.  I don't see why he was dropped.  You seem to think your knowledge is more common.  It may not be.  Honest mistake on your part.  Its okay.

He is owned in 38% of cbs leagues. I dropped him two weeks ago and he has been sitting as a free agent ever since. He will be scooped up by somebody this week after his big game yesterday. He definitely belongs in this thread and I am not sure what you are so confused by.

@smbkrypt24 Nobody is suggesting he should be dropped after this week.  NO ONE.  Yet you are saying you're surprised people would drop him after 125 and 2.  Which NO ONE here has suggested. 

He was potentially dropped after his 41, 27, 22, and 18 yard games.  Which means he might be a good WAIVER WIRE PICKUP for this week (hence the title of this thread).  What are you missing here? 

He is owned in 38% of cbs leagues. I dropped him two weeks ago and he has been sitting as a free agent ever since. He will be scooped up by somebody this week after his big game yesterday. He definitely belongs in this thread and I am not sure what you are so confused by.
Yes he belongs in this thread.  Someone suggested in this thread, that he would be a good pickup as some teams may have given up on him after his slow start (like you did).  You disagreed with that suggestion wondering why someone would have given up on him.  Not trying to be condescending, just trying to make this as clear as possible because you don't seem to be understanding it. 

It is not an honest mistake.  I don't see why he was dropped.  You seem to think your knowledge is more common.  It may not be.  Honest mistake on your part.  Its okay.
He was dropped over the last two weeks in exactly half of my leagues (8 of 16), so a mention of him on this list is exactly what I would expect to be on the list.

Meanwhile a reminder to those in dynasty leagues who haven't already stashed Kelly:

https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/the-waiver-wire-week-6/

Chad Kelly:

If one were to just look at the box score this week you would think Case Keenum played well. One would be incorrect. Yes, Keenum threw for 377 yards and two touchdowns on the day. Most of that impressive yardage total came in garbage time. When the game mattered, Keenum was trash. He missed open receivers all day, made poor decisions and generally looked like a career backup. Kelly’s time could be coming soon. Kelly was a 7th round draft choice in the 2017 NFL draft, but that is not a reflection of his talent. Not to be a “Watch the tape” guy, but go watch Kelly’s college tape. He fell to the 7th round due to multiple off the field incidents during his college days. Once Kelly gets on the field, he’s going to produce. 

:yes:

Yes he belongs in this thread.  Someone suggested in this thread, that he would be a good pickup as some teams may have given up on him after his slow start (like you did).  You disagreed with that suggestion wondering why someone would have given up on him.  Not trying to be condescending, just trying to make this as clear as possible because you don't seem to be understanding it. 
Now you're confused. shady is not smbkryp.

You? Please don't confuse me with the other guy.

You? Please don't confuse me with the other guy.
lol honest mistake, both of your names start with an s? kicking myself for passing on RA to take Coutee. he was dropped in my big money leagues last week. long term i think i got the right guy, but both of these guys shouldn't be available after all the waiver runs tomorrow.

Paid handsome for coutee last week, roughly 15% of my waiver $$. Could have gotten RA for $1. That won't be the case this week, so curious how high RA goes for this week. Will report back Wednesday. P Richardson is available also and he's in a great spot tonight against NO without Doctson in the game. I can see these two being the hot pickups tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread