What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League: Trade AB for Sony Michel and a 2nd? (1 Viewer)

Skoo

Footballguy
Somehow found myself at 0-5 and am selling assets for the first time. I play in a keeper where we keep 2 veterans and 1 rookie each year, there is no losing draft picks for keepers, and you can keep players forever. So in this case Michel could be my rookie keeper next year, and after that I could hypothetically keep him forever if I wanted to. This is for STANDARD scoring btw.

Other notable players I could end up keeping:

Fournette, Jordan Howard, K Drake, Ronald Jones

Tyreek Hill, Will Fuller, Corey Davis

If I made the trade right now my keepers would likely be Fournette, Hill, and Michel. Anyway, I’m having a hard time letting go of AB, have had him for years. And maybe I won’t.

If you read this far thanks, and of course I’m happy to WHIR!

ETA: Dude just texted and offered his 1st, 2nd, and Allen Robinson for AB....

Last edited by a moderator:
beerbuff said:
Pass, That is not enough for AB
Thanks for the input.

Am considering the offer of the 1st, 2nd, and Arob. Either that or I try to get him to give me a 1st + Michel.

I figure if I take the 1st and 2nd, I'd end up keeping Tyreek Hill instead of AB, so while that's obviously a drop off, I'll be getting two extra early draft picks in addition to Tyreek for AB.

You have three great keepers as I see it right now.  Fournette, Hill, and AB.  You can only keep two of them so if you are giving up on this season I would shop all three and see what the best return is and then trade that guy.  Why limit yourself to just moving AB?  You can only keep two players so open it up (if you are punting on the season).

Don't be in a hurry to make a move and let the other owner stew on it for awhile.  If you have given up this year there is no hurry to make a move because you are only trying to maximize your two keepers.  Personally, I think it is too early to give up - even at 0-5.  I have seen too many things change quickly.  I would make it known you are willing to trade one of the big three and see what comes in for offers.  Then select the best package.

You have three great keepers as I see it right now.  Fournette, Hill, and AB.  You can only keep two of them so if you are giving up on this season I would shop all three and see what the best return is and then trade that guy.  Why limit yourself to just moving AB?  You can only keep two players so open it up (if you are punting on the season).

Don't be in a hurry to make a move and let the other owner stew on it for awhile.  If you have given up this year there is no hurry to make a move because you are only trying to maximize your two keepers.  Personally, I think it is too early to give up - even at 0-5.  I have seen too many things change quickly.  I would make it known you are willing to trade one of the big three and see what comes in for offers.  Then select the best package.
This is great advice right here. Thanks a lot!

Have one guy trying to trade me for AB, another for Fournette. Both are acting like I have to do the deal ASAP but you're right, I'm in the driver's seat in this situation. Thanks again for the perspective!

Users who are viewing this thread