What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official MLB playoffs thread: 23 hour game exhausts all ball supplies (1 Viewer)

Who wins it all?

• Total voters

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
LDS results 

Astros 3-0 over Tribe

red sox 3-1 over Empire of Evil 

doyers 3-1 over the Braves 

Brewers 3-0 over Stones 

Mods keep this thread here for shtick. I’m the leading baseball forum caretaker but this needs to go to the people. Worked well in the past. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Stros beat the Sox; Dodgers beat the Brew Crew. 

/Reverse jinx. luff me some Sox and Brewers 

The alcs is the really the defacto World Series much like the nfc championship was really the super bowl in the 90’s. 

NREC34 said:
The alcs is the really the defacto World Series much like the nfc championship was really the super bowl in the 90’s. 
:no:  The AL isn't that much better than the NL.  Talent wise the Dodgers' roster is as good as any team in baseball and the Brewers' bullpen is legit. 

Dodgers fan since middle School so I'm obviously pulling for them. 

Some good friends are Brewers fans, and I've been smack talking with their 16 year old son all summer. It would be unbearable if they win, so the nlcs is the world series as far as I'm concerned. 

:no:  The AL isn't that much better than the NL.  Talent wise the Dodgers' roster is as good as any team in baseball and the Brewers' bullpen is legit. 
Both the Brewers and Dodgers have issues with LHP but that shouldn’t be a huge problem in the WS. Boston has Sale and Price, Houston just Keuchal. 

Brewers also have the hottest hitter in the planet in Yelich and a lot of capable bats in Braun, Mous, Aguilar, Shaw, and the still efficient Curtis Granderson. And what if Schoop gets on one of his hot streaks that last two weeks? Brewers are no joke. 

One issue may be that Hader was almost never used in consecutive games this year so that may be worth monitoring. If they can get 4 outs out of him every game, he’s a difference maker. 

I expect two long series. I think Houston comes out of the AL but not sure about the NL. Let 7 Games decide imo. 

They must’ve had an off day then that day Houston eked by them 14-0 ?

I'd say the Dodgers because their rotation is pitching really well right now. But Roberts is a clown and the bullpen is shaky, so probably Astros again.

Brewers over Dodgers in 6

Astros over Red Sox in 5

Brewers over Astros in 7

At least, that is what I am rooting for.  Would like to see the Brewers win since my team is out.  If not them, then Astros, then Dodgers. 4 fun teams though.  Should be a good final four.

Awesome, man. Have fun. That must be a great experience.  
The last time we hosted playoff games at Miller Park was 2011, so its been a while.  I was at a couple of those games and would say its a totally different atmosphere in the park for the playoff games where you're on edge for every pitch. 

Cora has pushed all the right buttons so far but I don’t get going with Price in Game 2. Price is on the record talking about struggling in cold weather because of his hands/fingers so why wouldn’t you save him for Game 3 or 4 in Houston? In my mind the rotation should be Sale, Eovaldi, Porcello and Price.

Cora has pushed all the right buttons so far but I don’t get going with Price in Game 2. Price is on the record talking about struggling in cold weather because of his hands/fingers so why wouldn’t you save him for Game 3 or 4 in Houston? In my mind the rotation should be Sale, Eovaldi, Porcello and Price.
Agreed. Will be ~50 (vs ~60 in HOU). 

Price does pitch pretty well against Houston though 

in HOU: 6IP / 5H / 3R

in BOS: 6.1IP / 2H / 2ER

SSS YMMV #playoffs

Betting with my head? 

HOU in 6 / LAD in 6

Rooting with my heart? 

BOS in 7 / MIL in 6 

Coming from a guy that doesn't watch baseball ... until the playoffs.

My heart says Red Sox ... but my head says Astros.

No idea what the NL teams have to offer but I'd say the Astros can handle either one of them.

strykerpks said:
:blackdot:

Plenty of room on our Brewers bandwagon.
Definitely the team I'm rooting for now that the Braves have been bounced.

Been to Miller Park several times, great place to watch a game.

WS Champ forecasts (licensed apparel):

Astros 35% / Dodgers 29.4% / Red Sox 29.5% / Brewers 6.1%

strykerpks said:
:blackdot:

Plenty of room on our Brewers bandwagon.
  Count me in. I remember Pete Vukovich, Jim Gantner, Cecil Cooper, and Harvey’s wallbangers. 

I’ll root for them over anyone left. 

Going Gio in g1 was a good idea. Doyers struggle vs lefties and you can get them to burn their RH bats out of the gate. Leave Gio in as long as he can handle it. If you get 4 innings out of him that’s a big win. 

Count me in. I remember Pete Vukovich, Jim Gantner, Cecil Cooper, and Harvey’s wallbangers. 

I’ll root for them over anyone left. 

Going Gio in g1 was a good idea. Doyers struggle vs lefties and you can get them to burn their RH bats out of the gate. Leave Gio in as long as he can handle it. If you get 4 innings out of him that’s a big win. 
All aboard!!

~~~~~~▄    ▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
~~~▄▄██▌  ▌         
LETS GO BREWERS!!!.
▄▄▄▌▐██▌.▌    BEER AND FAT CHICKS WOOWOO!!
███████▌.▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▘

So Hader is hitting for himself with 27 pitches. No way he pitches tomorrow. 
I don't like Hader being in there right now but he could be used for a batter or two tomorrow if needed. I would have used him to bat just to save the position player pinch hitter.

Also, Hader had 4 days rest.

And, Google assistant sounds like Siri.

Users who are viewing this thread