Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stuart Ullman

We're all Americans first.

141 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I suppose when rudeness is what you have in place of an intellect, it has to do. 

:lol:

I guess the truth hurts you, doesn't it.

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I would argue that there has never been an American person in our entire history more narcissistic than Donald Trump. If you asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have probably gone with Muhammad Ali. But Trump has beaten him out. 

it was FDR that broke the unwritten 2 term rule. 

And Dion Sanders nicknamed himself "prime Time" that's like Napoleon crowning himself

14 minutes ago, jiffy said:

Big difference is that no cares about your argument.

That remark was uncalled for. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I would argue that there has never been an American person in our entire history more narcissistic than Donald Trump. If you asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have probably gone with Muhammad Ali. But Trump has beaten him out. 

But Ali was so good he might have been 90% as good as he thought he was. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, jiffy said:

So apparently you weren't around either.  Every speech he made was "Me Me Me" and "I I I" and every post he made celebrating a holiday or birthday had him in the picture. 

Look how much he was complaining because he wasn't getting credit for the economy when he had been out of office for almost two years.

False

1 minute ago, GROOT said:

Another thread turned to Trump whining and name calling

Well Trump hasn’t whined in this thread but his supporters have, so I guess that’s close enough. 

As far as name calling, not so much, but “nobody cares what you think” is as much an insult. So you’re close. 

Sheesh why do you guys engage with these people? It just brings you down to their level. Honestly, I've never understood it. You end up coming across as a 15 year old kid when you engage with them. There is absolutely nothing to be gained regardless of what you tell yourself. 

Reconcile yourselves to the idea that some people are just...too far gone. There really ARE differences between people in every dimension: education, intelligence, decency, to name a few. Stop legitimizing them, they will be gone soon. 

4 people like this

On 10/10/2018 at 9:45 AM, Mystery Achiever said:

I may vote differently, but am happy your family is now engaging in the democratic process. Apathy isn't good.
Just interested, have you completed your Bachelor's and, if so, what are doing with it?

Hey pal, thanks for inquiring as your interest seems genuine. I'm 5 classes away from my Bachelors in Business Administration w/ an Accounting concentration.

I'm very excited because I know it will get me interviews to jobs that right now, throw my resume in the garbage, lol. I graduate in Spring of 2019 (God willing).

After that, I don't know 100% what I plan to do. I don't have any Accounting work experience, so it's going to make sense to get some of that at some point.

I know that I will be a licensed CPA at some point which requires another year of schooling. So, my Masters in Accounting is the next logical step. My Bachelors will be from a College, so I think getting my Masters from a University would help whitewash that portion of my resume.

I could always use it as a last chance opportunity to travel somewhere exotic for a year. But the last 10 years of my life haven't played out exactly how I thought but the last time I checked, my age is still under 30 and the world is my oyster.

:banned:

Edited by Stuart Ullman
2 people like this

9 hours ago, GROOT said:

Another thread turned to Trump whining and name calling

That is what liberals do.  Complain about Trump and when they don't get their way, start name calling.

9 hours ago, timschochet said:

Well Trump hasn’t whined in this thread but his supporters have, so I guess that’s close enough. 

As far as name calling, not so much, but “nobody cares what you think” is as much an insult. So you’re close. 

Dude, this is a message board. No one cares about what anyone else thinks about anything.  Some might "act" like they care about what people are saying, but they don't care at all.

8 hours ago, Stuart Ullman said:

Hey pal, thanks for inquiring as your interest seems genuine. I'm 5 classes away from my Bachelors in Business Administration w/ an Accounting concentration.

I'm very excited because I know it will get me interviews to jobs that right now, throw my resume in the garbage, lol. I graduate in Spring of 2019 (God willing).

Glad you're making progress. Keep moving down that path. :thumbup:

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Ranethe said:

Sheesh why do you guys engage with these people? It just brings you down to their level. Honestly, I've never understood it. You end up coming across as a 15 year old kid when you engage with them. There is absolutely nothing to be gained regardless of what you tell yourself. 

Reconcile yourselves to the idea that some people are just...too far gone. There really ARE differences between people in every dimension: education, intelligence, decency, to name a few. Stop legitimizing them, they will be gone soon. 

I asked HF that. He told me something like "don't tell me how to have fun and I won't tell you have to have fun". Can't really argue with that. I guess some people enjoy the banter or arguing or something. I don't enjoy it, so I don't talk to them.

Yeah, I ask people to ignore them because I want to read their posts and the limitations of this message board cause the ignore function to suck. I can't believe FBG can't figure out how to fix that function.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, jiffy said:

Dude, this is a message board. No one cares about what anyone else thinks about anything.  Some might "act" like they care about what people are saying, but they don't care at all.

I very much care what a lot of people think on this board. If I didn’t I wouldn’t be here. 

There are a few exceptions though. 

32 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

I asked HF that. He told me something like "don't tell me how to have fun and I won't tell you have to have fun". Can't really argue with that. I guess some people enjoy the banter or arguing or something. I don't enjoy it, so I don't talk to them.

Yeah, I ask people to ignore them because I want to read their posts and the limitations of this message board cause the ignore function to suck. I can't believe FBG can't figure out how to fix that function.

LOL over half your posts are talking about them.  

2 people like this

2 hours ago, jiffy said:

That begs the question(s), if you honestly feel that way, what are doing in this forum and why do keep coming back here under different monikers?

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

I bet they voted for Gary Johnson

Bully tactics. 

On 10/10/2018 at 8:58 AM, Stuart Ullman said:

I know this thread is probably a waste of time, but I just want to get this out there. We're all Americans first. What should unite us is our love for this country. Many of you don't like our current President and you have the right to that opinion. But don't turn your back on your fellow man. I see so many people on these boards, denigrating people for being on the other side. You call each other every name in the book, over what? Political affiliation? We can be so much better than that.

The fact of the matter is that the thing that makes this country so great in the first place, is that opposing ideas can exist. Spending every day of your life overanalyzing and criticizing everything Donald Trump does is no way to live. Again, you have the absolute right to choose how you spend your spare time. But for people to spend so much time discussing and arguing about a President they "hate" is staggering. Learn to let it go, for better or worse he's your President. He's imperfect like every other President will ever be.

The last thing you want to do, is to turn your back on your fellow American. We're all Americans first. As a Trump supporter, I don't hate, dislike, or think less of any of you if you don't support him. I respect your right as an American to feel how you want to feel. I wish that you all would share this sentiment because the precedent being set is a slippery slope. I often see people here fighting for the rights of the minorities, women, and the LGBT communities. All of which are noble causes. But don't you see the hypocrisy when you attack or paint all "Trump supporters" or all "white males" with a wide brush?

Believe me. We're all not that different. We all want happiness. We all want what's best for our loved ones. We all bleed the same blood and share existence in a miraculous time in the world. A man you don't respect is in office, but that doesn't mean you have to disrespect your fellow American. Remember, regardless of political affiliation, we're all Americans first.

Tell our politicians that, please.  Then explain the difference between Americans and American Corporations.

On 2018-10-10 at 8:58 AM, Stuart Ullman said:

I know this thread is probably a waste of time, but I just want to get this out there. We're all Americans first. What should unite us is our love for this country. Many of you don't like our current President and you have the right to that opinion. But don't turn your back on your fellow man. I see so many people on these boards, denigrating people for being on the other side. You call each other every name in the book, over what? Political affiliation? We can be so much better than that.

The fact of the matter is that the thing that makes this country so great in the first place, is that opposing ideas can exist. Spending every day of your life overanalyzing and criticizing everything Donald Trump does is no way to live. Again, you have the absolute right to choose how you spend your spare time. But for people to spend so much time discussing and arguing about a President they "hate" is staggering. Learn to let it go, for better or worse he's your President. He's imperfect like every other President will ever be.

The last thing you want to do, is to turn your back on your fellow American. We're all Americans first. As a Trump supporter, I don't hate, dislike, or think less of any of you if you don't support him. I respect your right as an American to feel how you want to feel. I wish that you all would share this sentiment because the precedent being set is a slippery slope. I often see people here fighting for the rights of the minorities, women, and the LGBT communities. All of which are noble causes. But don't you see the hypocrisy when you attack or paint all "Trump supporters" or all "white males" with a wide brush?

Believe me. We're all not that different. We all want happiness. We all want what's best for our loved ones. We all bleed the same blood and share existence in a miraculous time in the world. A man you don't respect is in office, but that doesn't mean you have to disrespect your fellow American. Remember, regardless of political affiliation, we're all Americans first.

Props my man! The "kind spirited" liberal mob is alive and well on this thread! But the silent majority is alive and well!

1 person likes this