What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose the upside/keeper play here (1 Viewer)

packer_junkie

Footballguy
Which of the following do you like the most moving forward?

i have an open roster spot and a pretty solid starting group- looking to add an upside piece that could turn into a legit keeper by the end of the season for next year.

can pick up for $1 today, keep for $4 next year at draft ($210 budget)

top candidates:

DJ Moore

Christian kirk

keke Coutee 

donte foreman

hayden hurst

Dallas Goedert

Kirk is the easy answer. He is already considered by many to be his teams #1 and certainly will be next year.

Kirk is the easy answer. He is already considered by many to be his teams #1 and certainly will be next year.
I am not so sure that is the easy answer...hahaha......I kind of lean to Coutee.  I think the offense is much better and Watson seems to have a nice rapport with Coutee.  He will always be in favorable matchups because of Hopkins taking off the pressure and the Texans throw a lot. 

I would be between Kirk and Coutee as well. Don't think you could go wrong with either, but i'd probably end up taking Kirk. 

I am not so sure that is the easy answer...hahaha......I kind of lean to Coutee.  I think the offense is much better and Watson seems to have a nice rapport with Coutee.  He will always be in favorable matchups because of Hopkins taking off the pressure and the Texans throw a lot. 
But Coutee will not be his teams #1. I'd rather have a teams WR1 than the WR2 or WR3 on a team. Also, just because the Cardinals suck this year doesn't mean that Rosen and Kirk won't become something really good next year.

But Coutee will not be his teams #1. I'd rather have a teams WR1 than the WR2 or WR3 on a team. Also, just because the Cardinals suck this year doesn't mean that Rosen and Kirk won't become something really good next year.
Understood and I can see it happening that way.  However, I think the #1 on a bad offense (not saying Arizona can't improve) isn't necessarily better than the #2/3 on a passing offense that spreads the ball and can support that many WR's.  Houston has a great mix with all three WR's playing specific roles that compliment each other really well.  I think there is enough volume and Watson hits the open guy enough to make him viable. 

Kirk probably has the bigger upside if everything goes right but I think Coutee isn't that much below and has a higher floor in that offense.  Either is a good choice and I would try and roster both if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread