What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Roster Allocation and Lottery Tix (1 Viewer)

thegreatr1

Footballguy
This is a question about roster management/allocation and home run potential at the RB position.

My team (12 team, standard scoring, 1/2/3/1/1/1 starting lineup w/ no flex, 16 roster spots, no IR):

QB-Mahomes, Winston

RB-Howard, Lynch, A Jones, Breida, Ware, R Jones

WR-A Brown, M Thomas, Hill, Coutee, Godwin

TE-Reed

K-Tucker

DST-streaming

I'm 4-1 and feel good at QB and WR. I nabbed Howard as a buy-low last week via trade, but could still use a RB upgrade, especially given Lynch's age and Oakland's unpredictible offense. As you can see, I'm currently sitting on Ware (a handcuff with legit every-week starting potential in the event of injury) and R Jones (intriguing coming out of the bye with a bigger workload to see if he's viable). 

Nick Chubb was dropped last night during the waiver run, and Donte Foreman is out there. Those are the two RBs that still intrigue me. I think I still have another week to decide between R Jones and Foreman, so the question is do I devote yet another roster slot to the RB position and nab Chubb. Given his skillset, Cleveland's offensive viability, and Hyde's injury history, he seems to have a shot at borderline RB1 status before the end of the year. I lose Thomas to bye this week, Brown next week, Hill in week 12, and have already made it through Reed's bye, so in theory I could get by with just 4 receivers and 1 TE.

I would drop Ware for Foreman.  Clearly there will be an opportunity for him even with a healthy Miller and Blue to try and get a running game going.

Users who are viewing this thread