Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Don Quixote

Jamal Khashoggi - Journalist Killed in Saudi Consulate

On 10/17/2018 at 6:03 PM, timschochet said:
On 10/17/2018 at 5:47 PM, Slapdash said:

You are too charitable to someone who routinely calls media "the enemy of the people" and has retweeted depiction of violence against them.  I wouldn't bet against his primary reaction being jealousy

I take Trump seriously in a lot of areas (most of which I disapprove of) but the "enemy of the people" stuff is just political crap.  Would he restrict them if he could? Sure, he's an authoritarian from way back.

But he also worships at their feet.  He absolutely craves their love and adoration, starting with the New York Times.  It's really funny to me; Trump gets compared to Nixon, and his rhetoric against the press is far worse than Nixon.  But Nixon truly HATED the media. Nixon wouldn't have minded if the NYT and Washington Post had blown up.  With Trump on the other hand, it's a lot of show because he knows his base.  But he can't help his worship either. 

Trump, speaking at a rally in Montana, said Rep. Greg Gianforte, who pleaded guilty to assaulting a reporter who asked him a question, was a good guy. 

"Greg is smart and, by the way, never wrestle him," the president said, motioning as though he was slamming someone to the ground. "Any guy that can do a body slam — he's my guy."

He added Gianforte was a "great guy" and a "tough cookie." 

Event?  Just depressing how far down the rabbit hole Trump is taking us as a nation.

• Like 1

From Reuters - MORE: Saudi Arabia says a fight broke out between Khashoggi and people who met him in the consulate and led to his death

:lmao:

Yup - thats as stupid of an excuse as I thought it'd be.

Edited by whoknew

"Discussions that occurred between the reporter Jamal Khashoggi and the people that were questioning him while he was in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul led to an argument and fighting with hands which led to his death."

--

Sure. Totally reasonable.

18 minutes ago, whoknew said:

From Reuters - MORE: Saudi Arabia says a fight broke out between Khashoggi and people who met him in the consulate and led to his death

Sucks when you get in a quarrel and end up chopped up into pieces. Now that's having a bad day.

3 minutes ago, whoknew said:

"Discussions that occurred between the reporter Jamal Khashoggi and the people that were questioning him while he was in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul led to an argument and fighting with hands which led to his death."

--

From Popehat (who wrote it better than I did) - 

Some stories/excuses/explanations/covers are of the smirking "#### you, we don't have to offer a plausible excuse" variety. The Saudis have offered one; the administration will offer another to accept it.

6 minutes ago, whoknew said:

--

He got into a fight with 15 of the top intelligence agents in Saudi Arabia that were flown down in a private jet, It then  took a week to investigate.  Additionally,   it’s our tradition to chop you up in pieces if you lose the fight.  We won’t be making any more comments on the matter and investigation is closed. 

This is seriously a worse story and press roll out than the Trump tower meetings.  

This is will be the dems Benghazi if they take the house. 

Edited by Banger

27 minutes ago, whoknew said:

The old "killed while trying to escape" routine.

Hey, pretty convenient that they remembered the bone saw, right?

• Like 1

I mean fighting once your fingers have been removed by a bone saw seems totally believable...just a total farce and Kushner is covering for these monsters.

• Like 1

Must have been pretty spry for a ~60 year old journalist taking on 15 Saudi special agents and could only be subdued by dismembering him.

Edited by Don Quixote

10 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

I mean fighting once your fingers have been removed by a bone saw seems totally believable...just a total farce and Kushner is covering for these monsters.

Definitely a farce. Not a laughing matter, but one of my first thoughts was that their story is basically this

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

This reminds me, years ago, of the Libyan colonel who committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head. 

Totally plausible.

46 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Well, he [Kushner] has many millions of reasons why he is backing MBS...

2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Well, he [Kushner] has many millions of reasons why he is backing MBS...

His 900 million bldg on 5th ave would likely be in default if not for them. 

15 minutes ago, Banger said:

His 900 million bldg on 5th ave would likely be in default if not for them. 

I used to work in that building. I know that's not relevant to anything, but when I heard they bought it for $2bn or whatever and now its a huge problem - well, it was just interesting. And funny.

Rudy used to go to the cigar bar at the top all the time. And the 21 Club was basically in the basement. Which Trump loved.

BREAKING: Trump says Saudi explanation for Jamal Khashoggi's killing is credible and a 'good first step'

• Like 2
  • Thinking 3
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

WE DO NOT HAVE ONE!

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

FollowFollow @kylegriffin1

More

Republican Rep. Mike Coffman: "I am calling on President Trump to immediately recall the U.S. Ambassador to the Kingdom pending further consultation with Congress."

5:05 PM - 19 Oct 2018

Do you honestly think he doesn't know that ?  

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

This reminds me, years ago, of the Libyan colonel who committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head. 

Or Gray Webb who wrote Dark Alliance supposedly committed suicide by shooting himself twice in the head.   

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

BREAKING: Trump says Saudi explanation for Jamal Khashoggi's killing is credible and a 'good first step'

Just a joke...I do think Trump is totally misplacing this to his base.  Russians are one thing (white Euros), Saudis are different matter entirely.

13 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Just a joke...I do think Trump is totally misplacing this to his base.  Russians are one thing (white Euros), Saudis are different matter entirely.

I disagree. His base will do whatever Trump says.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Rules and norms don’t matter.  It’s tribes

Coming in late to the discussion.  Seems totally reasonable though, who among us hasn’t seen a fight where a guy died and then just had to help dismember him and get rid of the body?

• Like 1

From Preet

The murder of Jamal Khashoggi is deeply important. For what it says about power, about evil, about truth, about arrogance, about morality, about justice, about freedom (esp of speech).

2 hours ago, whoknew said:

“See, we aren’t racist! We support Saudi Arabia!”

That’ll be the battle cry. 

• Like 1

Has the glowing orb’s whereabouts been confirmed at the time of the altercation?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Coming in late to the discussion.  Seems totally reasonable though, who among us hasn’t seen a fight where a guy died and then just had to help dismember him and get rid of the body?

video from Saudi consulate

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Sadly, its probably time to update the thread title. 

Done. I was holding onto that last thread of hope for a happy (or, at least, less horrible) ending, but that is gone now.

Edited by Don Quixote

Based on the Saudi explanation, since he died in a fist fight and ended up chopped into pieces, we should be looking for the real life Edward Scissorhands.

• Like 1

Sounds like he was just another drunk journalist who happened to pick a fight with the wrong people at the bar.   Unreal....and sad.

3 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

Sounds like he was just another drunk journalist who happened to pick a fight with the wrong people at the bar.   Unreal....and sad.

Wat

6 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

The Leader is pleased with your response.

19 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

Because the murder of a journalist for dissent is hilarious, right guys!! Up there with sexual assault, POWs and handicaps.

Edited by Apple Jack

17 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

Does it?