What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft: McCafrey for D. Johnson/L. Fitzgerald? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
PPR, Redraft (for the players involved)

Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T

The Panthers fan in my league wants McCaffrey and offered Johnson and Fitz. 

Current team:

QB - Ryan, Winston

RB - Barkley, McCaffrey, Ingram, Conner

WR - Hill, Sanders, Fuller, Allison, Coutee 

TE - Kelce, Doyle

I would like to get a WR upgrade if I were to trade him ideally, but if Johnson/CMC are close, is Fitz even worth having?

I don't view McCaffrey and DJ as that close this year.  There's some hope that Rosen will give Arizona's offense more legitimacy and things will flow better, but there's just as good a chance that this reverts to a complete dumpster fire.  I'd say you want to own less of the Arizona offense this year, not more.  Stand pat.

I wouldn't take this deal.  Panthers offense is fine and AZ is trash.  I'd only do it if I were getting a much better WR in the deal to go with DJ.

I wouldn't take the deal as it stands.  Even without being a Panthers fan, DJ is not as valuable as McCaffery.  Just listened to a podcast that recommended cutting Fitzgerald,  So you're not getting much value there.  I'd prefer that second player to be an every week starter or at least solid flex.  Even a star kicker like Gostkowski or star DST like Jaguars or Bears, even though we're always told not to value those positions.  Maybe add your fourth best WR for his second best WR or something along those lines.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771295-ppr-rb-pick-2-collins-ekeler-smallwood-chubb-whir/

Not close.  Fitz is basically worthless at this point and McCaffrey will be more consistent than DJ.  I would need a much better improvement at WR to make this deal.

Users who are viewing this thread