What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade advice - Hopkins for 3 starters?? (1 Viewer)

mjross

Footballguy
10 team standard (not PPR) keeper league with a live auction draft.

There is no TE starting position - TEs are just treated as WRs.

Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs and a Flex.

I'm stacked at RB and am trying to trade for D. Hopkins.  The Hopkins owner wants Brees plus TWO of the following: M. Lynch, K. Johnson or P. Lindsay.  I've said I won't do a 3 for 1 deal, but he's sticking to his guns.  The rest of his team is trash, except for A. Brown.  So putting a trade together is tough, because there's nothing to get back.

The thing is, I also have Gurley, M. Ingram and C. Thompson.

If I pull the trigger, I'll be starting P. Rivers instead of Brees (I also have Bortles), and will lose my RB depth.  I also lose the ability to keep Lindsay for $11 out of a $600 salary cap in 2019 and Lynch at $52 and K. Johnson at $60 (or at least two of those three).

I currently start K. Allen, G. Tate and Ertz at WR, with Boyd, Funchess and Kittle on the bench.

I'm tied for second place currently, so I'm leaning toward just standing pat and keeping my RB depth in case of injuries and hoping that Ertz and Tate keep putting up good numbers.

QBs also score 1 point for 20 yards, rather than 25 yards, and there are bonuses that start at 330 yards, so Brees is ahead of Mahomes and Ryan in this league and has put up an average of 33 points per game, including 52 in week 2.

Is Hopkins worth a 3 for 1 or is that just too much to pay?  There's also a chance the Hopkins owner would take Lynch, K. Johnson and Lindsay and let me keep Brees.

Thanks for any comments you'd like to share.

I don't play in any kind of keeper so I can't put a value on your salary cap stuff, so I am only looking at it for this year.

I'm not opposed to doing a 3 for 1, although what he is asking for is steep.  Partly depends on what is on your WW that you can pick up to replace these guys.  Some times I have tried to pull off 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 deals just so I could free up bench space to pick up a guy I loved on the WW.  So consider that as well.

Here's a trade chart you can use as a guideline - just remember it is one guy's opinion, not the gospel truth

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-6-trade-values-chart-and-rest-of-season-rankings/

Here's my question if you don't mind

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771295-ppr-rb-pick-2-collins-ekeler-smallwood-chubb-whir/

Without the keeper aspect I would easily take the deal, however with the keeper aspect that makes it tougher.  Given your starting requirements, plus with with Ertz's schedule getting tougher going forward I would still do it but counter with Rivers, Lynch and Lindsay-if he ballks give him Brees, Lynch and Lindsay. Don't give away both young guys and even though I love Lindsay, Kerryon is the better keeper.

Without the keeper aspect I would easily take the deal, however with the keeper aspect that makes it tougher.  Given your starting requirements, plus with with Ertz's schedule getting tougher going forward I would still do it but counter with Rivers, Lynch and Lindsay-if he ballks give him Brees, Lynch and Lindsay. Don't give away both young guys and even though I love Lindsay, Kerryon is the better keeper.
I am not sure Kerryon is the better keeper when you factor in salary.  Kerryon is $60 while Lindsey is only $11.  That extra $50 in cap space is huge (although I am not sure what the salary cap is). 

I definitely agree that I wouldn't give up both Kerryon and Lindsey but I would have no issues moving Lynch and either one (even though I like Kerryon better I think Lindsey is the better value when factoring in salary). 

I also don't think Brees will continue at his pace now that Ingram is back.  If not for a couple long TD's against a not very good defense they are running the ball at the goaline and that will take away TD's from Brees.  I probably like Rivers better for the ROS. 

I make the deal and go Brees, Lynch and Kerryon.

I'd gladly give up Brees, Johnson and Lindsay for Hopkins. Hopkins is a league winner, depth is overrated.

This is tough. It really depends if you're ready to go all in for the championship this year. With Gurley and Ingram, you are set at RB, just need to hope they can stay healthy for you. I'd say go with trading Lynch and Lindsay. Kerryon is a solid backup and I like him as the Lions future RB as well. Also, Rivers and Bortles are fine to play one between the two each week. Plus I'm sure there's decent options at QB on waivers.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771360-whir-kupp-vs-brown-standard-cohen-vs-allen-ppr/#comment-21428544

Users who are viewing this thread