What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Help! WHIR (1 Viewer)

Mkha2240

Footballguy
12 team, Non PPR.
Current team:
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Mixon, Lynch, Ingram, Adrian Peterson, Alex Collins, Aaron Jones
WR: Antonio Brown, Kenny Stills, Keelan Cole, Robby Anderson

I have 2 trade proposals made to me. 
First trade     : TRADE AWAY: Mixon and Kenny Stills | RECEIVE: Michael Thomas and Kirk Cousins.
Second trade: TRADE AWAY Adrian Peterson and Keelan Cole | RECEIVE: Julio Jones.

I can do one of those trades or both.
Leaning towards doing the first one so that I have another QB rather than scouring the waivers when needed.
Debating doing the second one as well.

Drop a link for help - Thanks!

What do you think about the first trade? Any thoughts?
I'm not a fan of the first trade.  Especially if you accept the second trade, you're down one RB from where you started.  Also if Brees starts spreading the ball around more (and that has always been the preferred approach for the Saints) then Michael Thomas won't be as dominant as he has been.  I also don't see Cousins as a big upgrade over Wilson. 

What are the 2 or 3 best QB's on the waiver wire?  In my league every team carries two QB's (even though we only start one) so the WW is pretty bare, but if there are only 16 or so rostered at any one time, then the WW should always have reasonable streaming options.

But if you are sold on Michael Thomas (or not sold about Mixon) then the first trade looks better.  Stills isn't worth much in my opinion, so your second piece in that trade is not great loss.

I'm not a fan of the first trade.  Especially if you accept the second trade, you're down one RB from where you started.  Also if Brees starts spreading the ball around more (and that has always been the preferred approach for the Saints) then Michael Thomas won't be as dominant as he has been.  I also don't see Cousins as a big upgrade over Wilson. 

What are the 2 or 3 best QB's on the waiver wire?  In my league every team carries two QB's (even though we only start one) so the WW is pretty bare, but if there are only 16 or so rostered at any one time, then the WW should always have reasonable streaming options.

But if you are sold on Michael Thomas (or not sold about Mixon) then the first trade looks better.  Stills isn't worth much in my opinion, so your second piece in that trade is not great loss.
That is a good point. So far, the only worthy quarterbacks on WW are Winston, Tannehill and Flacco. I forgot to mention this is a 12-team league and everyone is holding onto 2 QB's each (with the exception of a team from Trade 1 that's holding onto Rivers, Brady, Cousins - no idea why other than possible trading power).

Also,  do you think Michael Thomas isn't an upgrade compared to JJ? Or is the lose of Mixon much greater than gaining Thomas and its more stability/sense to trade away RB2/WR3 material for JJ.

That is a good point. So far, the only worthy quarterbacks on WW are Winston, Tannehill and Flacco. I forgot to mention this is a 12-team league and everyone is holding onto 2 QB's each (with the exception of a team from Trade 1 that's holding onto Rivers, Brady, Cousins - no idea why other than possible trading power).

Also,  do you think Michael Thomas isn't an upgrade compared to JJ? Or is the lose of Mixon much greater than gaining Thomas and its more stability/sense to trade away RB2/WR3 material for JJ.
I'd be interested in Winston for sure, for the same reason I like Mahomes before the season started - his weapons.  I'd also consider M Thomas and J Jones pretty even.  If given the choice I'd take Thomas, but it's not a huge difference.  And I don't want to give up Mixon.

AP is hurt now, is old, and is likely to get hurt some more.  Most analysts I listen to say to sell high on Peterson, and I agree with them.  Especially if Alex Smith is playing badly, those short yardage TD's are less likely to happen.  And Julio has to score a TD some day, even if only because the DB slips on a banana peel.  And Keelan Cole is part of a 3-way WR committee playing with a bad QB, so I don't value him much either.  So that's why I would accept that trade immediately - I don't see a lot of value in either guy you are trading away.

I'd be interested in Winston for sure, for the same reason I like Mahomes before the season started - his weapons.  I'd also consider M Thomas and J Jones pretty even.  If given the choice I'd take Thomas, but it's not a huge difference.  And I don't want to give up Mixon.

AP is hurt now, is old, and is likely to get hurt some more.  Most analysts I listen to say to sell high on Peterson, and I agree with them.  Especially if Alex Smith is playing badly, those short yardage TD's are less likely to happen.  And Julio has to score a TD some day, even if only because the DB slips on a banana peel.  And Keelan Cole is part of a 3-way WR committee playing with a bad QB, so I don't value him much either.  So that's why I would accept that trade immediately - I don't see a lot of value in either guy you are trading away.
That makes sense, thanks for all your help! Definitely going with trade 2 and holding off on trade 1 because I do value Mixon a lot.

I like both as well. As a Wilson owner wathching that offensive coordinator shackle his potential and use him as a lead-blocker for mediocre running backs all game is too much to bear, yet I can't drop him for a Carr or Alex Smith because I know he's ten times the player that either one of them are. Put Wilson in KC and he's a top 3 QB. Its maddening. Getting Cousins for him would be huge and you get Michael Thomas.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771349-pick-two-wrs-ppr-edelman-jackson-boyd/

Users who are viewing this thread