Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NFL2DF

Blacks Support Trump

I'm stil

16 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

So they hire non-white actors or something so that they can pretend they have their support? 

Just more batcrap craziness. 

I'm still in disbelief about this.  Not to mention that the students were told to stay in their dorms.  What year is this??!! 

4 hours ago, Koya said:

Have you ever been involved in polling? I have. 

What you suggest here in terms of how the question is asked is not a straight up poll. It’s called a push poll.  That is where you manipulate answers based on how you phrase the questions.

Oh, and convenient that you talk about this and yet bring up Rasmussen which, by any logical strain, uses an antiquated method that, by definition, reaches only a certain segment of the population (or rather over represents some and under represents the other). This feels like taking out of both sides of your mouth in all fairness. 

Thst said, perhaps it would be fruitful to look into polling definitions and methodologies as asking who you will vote for is not manipulating an answer. That, again, is called a push poll

Hadn't noticed that even Rasmussen is bouncing around lows: 

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

2 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I'm stil

I'm still in disbelief about this.  Not to mention that the students were told to stay in their dorms.  What year is this??!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2019 at 7:08 PM, Yenrub said:

That  was the intro at a Trump rally, I think I noticed one black guy in the crowd behind Trump

What was that video supposed to show us?

100% of blacks support Trump, of course. Sample size be damned.

I was going to post this in the Biden Thread, but this is a more appropriate spot for it. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/darrensands/black-voters-2020-democrats-ados-blexit

"We haven't yet found the right language that makes the community feel as if we understand where they're coming from and what's actually happening to them,” a DNC official said.

WASHINGTON — Democrats are getting increasingly worried that black Americans with an uneven voting history may tune out Democratic candidates in 2020, as fringe messaging campaigns and disinformation breed cynicism over what the party has done for black Americans.

Democratic National Committee sources told BuzzFeed News the party is tracking a new set of loosely organized online movements that officials believe are trying to steer black voters away from the party or from voting altogether. The groups are varied in their approach, but share a common thread of deep suspicion of the Democratic Party and an apparent determination to seize upon the hypersensitive political moment in a country with a deeply troubled racial past.

In interviews, black Democrats said the party itself is partly to blame: Party leaders had failed to further understand the voters who had boosted them at the polls.

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I was going to post this in the Biden Thread, but this is a more appropriate spot for it. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/darrensands/black-voters-2020-democrats-ados-blexit

"We haven't yet found the right language that makes the community feel as if we understand where they're coming from and what's actually happening to them,” a DNC official said.

Is that how Trump supporters want to win black votes? Through disinformation campaigns?

19 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Is that how Trump supporters want to win black votes? Through disinformation campaigns?

No the below messaging works well enough.  When Trump said "what do you have to lose?"  The answer was nothing and things have improved for the black community since.

party officials said, black Americans' dim view of the job Democrats have done governing in recent decades is colored by a grim economic outlook and uncertainty about the future.

The new anti-Democratic groups want to appeal to black Americans with a populist message rooted in ethnic, cultural, and economic identity they say is untethered to the “Democratic plantation” mentality, a political trope first used by black Republicans in the 1960s.

This was the first I read about that community being targeted by russians online. 

All but one republican just voted against the voting rights advancement act passed by the house. That should help the cause.  

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:
41 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

No the below messaging works well enough.  When Trump said "what do you have to lose?"  The answer was nothing and things have improved for the black community since.

When Trump said "What do you have to lose?", the answer was "Voting rights."

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Trump took away someone's right to vote?

Well Trump always does have a couple of black people right behind him at his rallies so he must be very popular with blacks.

i mean look no further than the overwhelming number of GOP black congressmen to see how the GOP really feels about blacks. 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Trump took away someone's right to vote?

His DOJ is not pursuing the vast majority of voting rights act violations. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good article and worth the read.  Some highlights below.  I wouldn't go as high as 20%, but I'm thinking low-mid teens for sure. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/dec/23/black-voters-abandoned-democrats-warm-donald-trump/

Mr. Brewer, a lifelong Democrat and entrepreneur who played for three NFL teams, said Mr. Trump is working much harder than any Republican candidate in his lifetime to reach out to black voters.

“Donald Trump will get over 20% of the black vote,” Mr. Brewer said in an interview. “That is what’s going to win the election. Why? Because there hasn’t been a Republican to even try to go in and talk to the black community. They don’t go there. They don’t even try. I think he’s trying, finally.”

Mr. Brewer said the impeachment affair, coupled with the revelation that the FBI abused its power in obtaining surveillance warrants for Trump campaign officials, are also causing black voters to view Mr. Trump more sympathetically.

“That’s what it feels like to be black,” Mr. Brewer said. “Black people have been abused and taken advantage of by the police and the FBI since the beginning of time. When you talk about the FBI changing up documents and pushing a narrative, and they don’t have any recourse? That’s very familiar to black people.”

• Like 3

On 12/7/2019 at 12:14 PM, [scooter] said:

The answer was "nothing". 

• Like 1

Devastating new Washington Post-Ipsos poll for Trump of black Americans released.  

18. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president? Do you feel that way strongly or somewhat?

Strongly approve 2; Somewhat approve 5; somewhat disapprove 16; strongly disapprove 75

19. In your opinion, are the things that Donald Trump is doing as president good, bad, or neither good nor bad for African Americans?

Very good 1; Somewhat good 3; Neither good nor bad 18; Somewhat bad 18; Very bad 58

Do you think President Trump has made racism a…

Bigger problem in the U.S. 83; Smaller problem in the U.S. 2; Has not made a difference 13

Much more at the link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Devastating new Washington Post-Ipsos poll for Trump of black Americans released.  

18. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president? Do you feel that way strongly or somewhat?

Strongly approve 2; Somewhat approve 5; somewhat disapprove 16; strongly disapprove 75

19. In your opinion, are the things that Donald Trump is doing as president good, bad, or neither good nor bad for African Americans?

Very good 1; Somewhat good 3; Neither good nor bad 18; Somewhat bad 18; Very bad 58

Do you think President Trump has made racism a…

Bigger problem in the U.S. 83; Smaller problem in the U.S. 2; Has not made a difference 13

Much more at the link.

Thanks for the link. I find it very interesting.

Last one:

12. If the 2020 presidential election were held today, for whom would you vote if the
candidates were ([ITEM], the Democrat) or (Donald Trump, the Republican)?
Summary table among registered voters
                                                 Another     I would      No
                      Democrat        Trump    candidate    not vote     opinion
a.  Joe Biden            82             4          5           6           3
b. Bernie Sanders        74             4         10           8           4
c. Elizabeth Warren      71             4         11          10           3
d. Pete Buttigieg        57             4         21          14           3
e. Cory Booker           67             4         15          11           3
f. Mike Bloomberg        62             4         17          14           3
g. Andrew Yang           62             4         18          12           4
h. Amy Klobuchar         58             5         20          13           3

Just now, Juxtatarot said:

Last one:

12. If the 2020 presidential election were held today, for whom would you vote if the

Wow, this one amazed me. A majority would vote for the Dem and then another candidate and then Trump.

Blexit is looking more like the "Walk Away" movement: completely empty.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Last one:

I hope the people who responded "another candidate" and "would not vote" above will rethink those positions.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just ran across this thread on Twitter and thought it was pretty interesting.

https://twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1244979086415540226?s=20

They're all playing a role, of course. It's character acting. Right wing media is journalism cosplay.

Seemed very on the nose

• Like 3