What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Smallwood or Clements (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
Who you guys got your money on for the rest of the season.  Roto seems to be pulling for Clements but I'm buying Smallwood shares... just a gut feeling.

Like to hear from others

Neither was rostered in my 12-team league.  I spent ~20% of my FAAB to add Clement.  Bidding is "blind" (and stays that way) so I have no idea how much anyone else bid.  Smallwood is still available.  Obviously, I'm inclined to believe Clement will be more worthwhile for rest of season.

Tonight - I think the play is Smallwood on the wet field with Clement nursing a quad injury. I doubt it is a great offensive evening for either team. 

Long term, I am betting on Shady.  The Eagles have been courting a trade for two years.  They want him back.  Neither Clement nor Smallwood can take the Ajayi/Blount role and the Eagles need the bruiser to open up their offense.    

Tonight - I think the play is Smallwood on the wet field with Clement nursing a quad injury. I doubt it is a great offensive evening for either team.

Long term, I am betting on Shady. The Eagles have been courting a trade for two years. They want him back. Neither Clement nor Smallwood can take the Ajayi/Blount role and the Eagles need the bruiser to open up their offense.
But Shady isn't a bruiser

Im in the school of thought its Clements time to shine. This is what he has been hyped up for. Wet conditions, good for pass catching back. He is the more talented player and has practiced in full all week. All signs point to it being him IMO.

That said, both players are gonna get work, both can bust one for 75yrds. But I believe volume is on CC's side.

I posted in the Eagkes team thread but I'm using an absolute ton of Clement tonight. Smallwood will get work too but I love Clement's upside and he can do it all.

As an addendum to this thread, I think this week is an interesting case as well for these two backs - NY gives up points to RBs this season, there is fantasy points to be had. 

I have Clement myself and I’m mulling over whether I play him in one of my RB spots over one of DJ ( MIN yet to give up a TD to rbs ) and Hyde ( also tough matchup ). Maybe even over both of them dependant on who I play in my flex. 

People that are playing either tonight - who are you doing so over ??

Last edited by a moderator:
As an addendum to this thread, I think this week is an interesting case as well for these two backs - NY gives up points to RBs this season, there is fantasy points to be had. 

I have Clement myself and I’m mulling over whether I play him in one of my RB spots over one of DJ ( MIN yet to give up a TD to rbs ) and Hyde ( also tough matchup ). Maybe even over both of them dependant on who I play in my flex. 

People that are playing either tonight - who are you doing so over ??
Howard and Lynch. That's probably contrarian but it's my gut feeling Clement outperforms them this week.

clement goes for 120 tonight b/c he's on a 'pitch count' as andrews says. every time we hear stuff like that the player explodes for fantasy gold pts.

:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread